Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 10:24 AM   #61  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Luck, Frouf! I can't stay right now becaue I have to make a grocery list for Jim. He wants to leave for the store in about 30 minutes. I was TOO tired last night to get online. I just wanted to tell you that smothered barley freezes perfectly. So, it would be a wonderful emergency work meal if you decide you want to leave it at work.

I'll be back!
Old 08-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #62  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I remember the "freezing well" part so I have put my emergency lunch here in the freezer at work (must label it first!). I am surprised I had not thought of this idea before! I'm sure it will come in handy one of these days when I don't feel like making lunch or there is nothing appealing at home!

Back from that ugly weigh-in - so who should be sitting at the desk but my very own WW leader - she was pretty surprised to see me there and we had a nice "chat". I mentioned the Melissa Fatigue Theory and she readily agreed. Told her I was so tired and lacking energy that the thought of planning, preparing and cooking meals was really turning me off - and of course being on Core there are not too many convenience foods we can indulge in.

She suggested having my thyroid checked next time I go to the dr - said she was also having a huge tiredness issue, and was gaining weight and lacking energy and tests showed a thyroid problem - and once she was on medication she was feeling better within 2 weeks - so I hope everyone will take this advice as well! I will be asking my dr about this at my next appt in September.

Yup - up 3 WHOLE POUNDS - actually closer to 4, but I think she felt bad for me and rounded down a bit! I do have my work cut out for me - but still feeling very overwhelemd and discouraged by the whole process. I am really hoping this is tiredness and not some type of depression or just me giving up on this. That would not be a good thing.

So where r u going for dinner Vickie? I am looking forward to my lunch out as I have not seen this gf in a while (we used to work together a few years ago and on 2 separate occasions she "moved" into my house - she was single then- and took care of my 3 bratty kids so dh and I could take a trip on our own - once to California (LA, Anahaim and Long Beach) and once for my "graduation present" to Cancun, Mexico!). I guess she has been married almost 2 years now - how time flies! So we have lots of catching up to do.

So do I just sleep the weekend away? I do just want to sit around and do nothing that's how tired I am feeling! Feeling very blah blah blah

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 08-05-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:20 AM   #63  

Height: 5'7"

Frouf, that's how I feel all the time too and I've begged them to check mine. But nope, it all checks out okay. Hate to say this, but I hope you have a problem! At least you'd know what the reasoning is behind your lethargy and weight retention.

I got to work late today ... again! Our power went off around midnight and it was hot in the house so I couldn't sleep. Meanwhile, little DD came home from work with a HUGE box of makeup. Remember that their store just got rearranged and they were clearancing some stuff? Well, she got this entire box of stuff for $5. Yes, five U.S. dollars! There must be 150-200 pieces of makeup in there and everything you can think of. Foundation, mascara, eye shadows, all sorts of lipsticks and lip glosses and powders and liners and you name it! Well, thrifty shopper that I am, I decided to go there this morning. There were four more boxes of makeup but they were marked with the regular prices. Last night at midnight the GM manager was trying to get rid of it so he was doing that "$5 for the whole box" with the employees who were leaving. I told her she should have gotten TWO of them -- we could sell them either on ebay or a yard sale and she could make some "move out" money. Anyway I digress. I didn't buy makeup this morning, I bought Glade 3-in-1 candles. For a quarter each! I got a case of 24 for $6 plus tax. Not bad, huh? The lady rang one up just to see the regular price and it was $4.99. So I got $120 worth of candles for $6. I love a bargain.

Now I should get to work and earn my keep. DS was waffling again last night but when I got to work this morning, there was a message saying he was definitely moving. It'll be a hard weekend but we'll get thru it.

Back later ...
Old 08-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #64  
Melissa

I hope everyone is having a better day than me. I'm feeling like a complete failure. I know I am hormonal and completely exhausted, but I just feel like I am so far from where I should be. I'm wallowing I guess.
Frouf, I like that "Melissa Fatigue Theory"....I'm working on it.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:27 PM   #65  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

...or MFT for short? I think you should definitely take the credit for this major discovery (which many of us seem to be suffering from!).

Kathy - I also LOVE a bargain - and have taught my kids that we always go to the back of the store where the sale racks are and we NEVER EVER pay full price for anything unless absolutely necessary! My dd would have gone crazy for a $5 box filled w/makeup - have fun!

I am back from lunch and while not really bloated I am full - I had the combo plate: jasmine rice, chicken curry w/green sauce, mixed vegetables and sweet and sour beef (with chunks of mango - it was amazing). The food was kinda spicy tho and I sat there "glowing" - washed it all down w/lemongrass tea.

I should have remembered that Carrie is a "dessert" girl, so I joined her and had one of my favorite desserts - creme caramal - it was yummy and sweet! I am not sweating about it tho - will just be careful for the rest of the day - at least that WI pressure is behind me now ( I am starting to think that is what makes me eat more on Fridays - when I should actually be eating less? Somewhere deep down I start fretting and worrying about weigh-in and it all starts to fall apart!).

We had a great time catching up - she is also an avid traveller and cruiser like myself and I now need to send her some of those travel links we were talking about!

Back to work!

Frouf

P.S. for further info on thyroid conditions: http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/doyou.htm

Last edited by Froufy; 08-06-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #66  

I can check off 3 risk factors, and 18 out of the 20 symptoms. The only things I don't have is a gravelly voice and sleep apnea. Everything else is a loud and emphatic YES. Even the third from the last, the tight throat -- I have to go every other year and have my esophagus dilated. Nice, huh?
Old 08-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #67  
focused and aiming

thank you, thank you, thank you. i appreciate all of you. i'm still on cloud 9. i don't know why the feeling's different this time. i've weighed 193 several times this summer. somehow it feels more like i'm successful this time.

curtis bought me the original soundtrack to the movie "phantom of the opera" today. i love it. it has all the dialogue from the movie with it. i wasn't sure at first if i'd like that, but i do.

we decided to stay in town and not compete this weekend. the anti depressant the doctor had me on made me shakey. she said it would take a couple or so days for it to get out of my system.. i don't want to be handling a weapon right now. so we're home. i'm going to focus on staying on core.

rita, i hope your guys get over their colds soon. i liked what you posted. i'm trying to stay away from frivolous foods, too. our ww meeting was about "mindful eating." we talked about choosing our foods wisely. she had illustrations showing certain pt foods that were "frivolous" and wiser choices that all happened to be core. life is good.

vickie and angela, have a good day. we'll chat with you later.

melissa, congratulations on losing that pound. we're going to get to those 180's some day. you're ahead of me now, but don't wait up.

frouf, i'm proud of you. you nipped your anxiety in the bud. what a girl!! my doctor thinks i may have sleep apnia. that leads to fatigue and overeating. you might want to get checked for that, too.

kathy, i'm sending you good vibes for a less stressful weekend. you're doing the right thing. it will all get better soon. i hope you get some rest.

i like that "melissa fatigue theory" too. i binge when i'm tired. guess i'm looking for energy.

melissa, this is exactly how i felt when i went to the doctor last week. we all wallow at times.

kathy, i'm going to wear a sleep monitor for a week starting next thursday.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:47 PM   #68  

Hi everyone:

The meeting yesterday was actually quite pleasant. She has a lovely house and everyone brought nice food. Most of it wasn't terribly Core friendly, though, and I ate a bit too much. Not all my fault, though, when your New Jersey Italian Navy Commander boss offers you some of the lasagne she went to Little Italy to get, you take some. I did virtuously avoid the Dove Bars for dessert and just had some strawberries with small squirt of whipped cream.

I didn't have to provide much vision. CDR likes to talk, and so we all mainly just nodded and smiled and played with the cat.

My anniversary is tomorrow, but we haven't had time or funds to plan a single thing. I think I'll leave early and pick something up for DH.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:00 PM   #69  
focused and aiming

cher, it sounds like you made some good decisions at the luncheon. strawberries and cream sound good. have a great anniversary. what number is this?
Old 08-05-2005, 06:34 PM   #70  

Hi Everyone! I think yall are on to something with the MFT. I am starving right now, just ate grapes and a slice of ham (lunchmeat). Hoping that will kick in and give me some relief. DH asked when I wanted supper and i said whenever he wanted it, really I just don't have the energy to go in and cut up potatoes & veggies. Thank goodness I only have core foods, if I want to eat I have to get off my duff!

Sandra, I really enjoyed the meeting last night too. Our leader went through the for 1 pt would you rather have 1/4 c of raisins or 2 cups of grapes routine. It's funny because hardly anyone in our group does core but they all chose core foods for the most part! I am just proud that we are eating healthier and I know that the weight will come off. When I get whiny about DH always reminds me of that and it makes me feel better.

Melissa, I hope you get to feeling better soon! Try to remember that all things pass with time. Just don't let it cause you to get out of control if you can help it, because long-term it only makes you feel worse.

Kathy, I went to a pre-yard sale today and got 2 damask table cloths, 1 older (vintage)thanksgiving table cloth, a beautiful Christmas table cloth, a halloween table cloth, 2 sets of beautiful glass dessert bowls, 2 christmas serving dishes, a double brass chafing dish, a mikasa chrismas platter, a tupperware steamer, 2 sets of beautiful christmas ornaments, a marble rolling pin and assorted other sundries for my Mom for $20. I felt like it was Christmas. Chaille' got a whole set of wicker furniture for $10, I was envious. I will keep you in my thoughts over the weekend. I just moved my son out in May, luckily he had 2 of his friends help us so it wasn't too bad.

Cher, I definitely would have had to have some lasagna too! Glad things seem ok with your job! Hope you have a Happy Anniversary!

Frouf, Congratulations for facing the scale. I think sometimes that is the toughest hurdle we have to get back on the program! It is wonderful that you went ahead, so you can start fresh! Just remember, we didn't put it on overnight and we ain't gonna take it off overnight. Sometimes we may not be down on the scale, but we are doing so much better than we used to. One thing my son and I do is plan to have that one meal after we weigh in that is what we have been hankering for. He varies his menu, but I always have a hamburger (sometimes cuban) and real french fries. This helps me to eat light the day before and the day of my weigh in, cause I know I will be eating big when weigh in is over!

Lordy, I have rambled! I need to get up and clean my house. We have our ds & dil and grand, dd & sil and chris all over tomorrow to do a big seafood boil. Oh well I will be getting activity points and preparing for a wonderful core meal!
Old 08-05-2005, 06:58 PM   #71  

Pass me some of that seafood! Yummmy!!

I have some chicken in marinade right now; not sure if we'll eat it tonight or tomorrow night but either way, I'll bake it in a little while. We've been having lots of thunder and a teeny bit of rain today.

And the drama never ends. My aunt who was in the assisted living place (remember her? nearly died over Christmas) is getting kicked out. She has a friend, the same one who took her shopping at Christmas without her wheelchair, my aunt fell and broke a lot of stuff, then went into the coma, etc. ... anyway, that "friend" took her to a different doctor yesterday and got pain pills. Yes, an ADDITIONAL doctor. She still has the one she usually goes to. Anyway this doctor wrote a Rx for 240 pain pills and evidently my aunt OD'd on them. The assisted living place said it was the third time this has happened, and no more! They say she's outta there! My dad came to town because first report was that she had had a stroke but when he got here, he got the real story. The other aunt lives in south Texas and she's on her way. They have to find somewhere for her TONIGHT (sorry, but don't bring her here!). I just talked to my dad and he said they were sending her with the "friend." Well I guess that's the best place for her, in spite of the fact that that friend is gonna end up killing her one way or another. But if she won't follow the rules anywhere, she might as well be with that friend. She's only 66 but acts 96; and a more helpless woman -- I have not seen. It's really pitiful but if she hasn't grown up in those 66 years, hope is dwindling that she ever will. She's never worked, paid a bill, filled out a form, bought groceries by herself ... you name it, she can't do it. She's like a toddler except she doesn't crap her pants as far as I know.

Okay I'm done ranting -- I'm just so darned furious right now that I want to smack something. Furious at her parents for allowing her to be dependent for so long, and then her husband for 40 years, and then her sister who moved up here for 3 months after the husband died and did everything for my aunt, including paying all her bills, selling her house, finding and moving her into the assisted living place, etc.

Okay, now I'm REALLY done ranting.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:59 PM   #72  
focused and aiming

rita, i think we had the exact same meeting. we had the grapes/raisins, too. did your group have a brownie? we had brownie and 5 pts of fruit to choose from.

{{{{{kathy}}}}} i'm sorry for all your stress.

i made a different type smoothie tonight. (i called it a milkshake)

here's what i did:

1.5 cups ff milk
1 cup granular splenda
1/2 cup ff sour cream
1/4 cup sf/ff vanilla pudding mix
2 frozen bananas

blend all together. makes 2 milkshakes.

curtis loved it. so did i.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #73  

Kathy, it sounds like you are really stressed, please try to relax and take care of yourself. I know when I get stressed like that I don't sleep, but I sure eat! I always wished I was one of them people who couldn't eat when they were stressed cause the way the past few years has been I would be thin as a rail! lol

Sandra, that sounds good. Maybe I can try one tomorrow!

Night everyone!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:01 PM   #74  
Melissa

Hey everyone. I hope you're all having a good Friday night. We are getting ready to hit the sack, just wanted to say hey. I'm still exhausted and suffering from MFT (very funny by the way!) and I don't know what to do about it except try to do better tomorrow.
Kathy, I hope that you can have a good weekend.
Sandra, you sound like you are in such good spirits. That's so great. Oh and to answer an earlier question...there are meetings around me but I really can't afford to go to them. I know that sounds like a cop out but it's true. Plus I hate meetings. You are doing so great. We are going to hit the 180's soon. I realized that I only have 2 more pounds to go...that's motivating.

OK I'm headed to bed. Night.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #75  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Evening Everyone! I'm so tired but it's a happy, done running around tired. We had a wonderful early dinner out with my Sister and BIL and mine was all Core! Surely the scale will reward me soon, won't it? I also drank 12 eight ounce glasses of water today. I'm drowning!

I'm sorry you are all feeling so fatigued. I am too, but I know it's because I'm not getting enough sleep. I posted an article not to long ago that says you WILL overeat if you are tired. So Dr. Vickie prescribes extra sleep for everyone this weekend.

Sandra, GF, you did a FABULOUS job losing 3 whole pounds! Congratulations! Now take that momentum and keep on truckin! You should be very proud of yourself.

Rita, you too! You're down .6 when you thought you would be down nothing. Too bad we couldn't get you on the water wagon sooner! Hope your DH and Chris are feeling better and not making you too crazy. Jim is funny when he is sick. Doesn't whine, doesn't complain and gets grumpy with me because I TRY to nurse him and he wants to be left alone. Very funny!

Angela, hope you had fun at your musical session. Were you good with your guitar?

Melissa, even with everything you are down a pound! That's huge. Celebrate that and the fact that you'll probably get your 15 pound chick next week! I can't remember the last time I was able to change my chick. How exciting for you!

Frouf, I'm so happy that you are back on the wagon. I'm glad you got the weigh in over because I know how much you dread the Saturday morning weigh in. Will you change to Fridays now forever? I hope there isn't a problem with your thyroid. I think all of you poor Chickies just need to give yourselves permission to sleep.

Kathy, I LOVE bargains too! That was awesome. I wish I was brave enough to sell stuff on Ebay. It all seems so intimidating. Hope your Aunt is doing well and has found a place to stay.

Cher, good going! I'm sure your lunch will barely slow you down a bit. Have a very Happy Anniversary. I hope you and your DH get to do something special to celebrate.

Well, dear ones, it's time for me to go give my hubby some quality alone time. I'll be back bright and early tomorrow. No plans for tomorrow but we have another babysitting tour on Sunday afternoon. Weekends are a lot quieter for us now that we are retired. My Niece is going to lend me her Sansone tapes. My Sister has bad knees and she says these routines don't hurt her knees. My hope is that I can alternate with the treadmill and try to rev my metabolism again.

Still no progress on my scale. Sigh. Maybe tomorrow.
Closed Thread