Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 11:09 AM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default We Love Core On Board #24!

Lots more space now!

Angela - you must be so excited for your trip! I also like to plan and make lists - and you sound really busy pre-trip too!

Kathy - I know you will make a fantastic "angel" to your new contact - I am truly impressed with your lovely big heart! Sorry to hear that Judd is not helping out enuf (do they ever?).... I agree that I would not worry to much about his poker party - is he not able to arrange things himself? There's always a first time

Vickie - I could sure use a swim in the pool today. We did not end up going to sil's yesterday as it was so gloomy/gray out - but still hot. I actually stayed in my jammies all day yesterday feeling depressed and sorry for myself as I so DID NOT WANT my holidays to end and to go back to work. Also had to get kids ready for camp which also stressed me out!

Melissa - hurry back we will miss you!

So I am back at work now and is this the longest day or what? I can barely handle it here - but I am wearing my PINK mickey mouse ears at my desk and everyone is getting a good laugh out of it. I have set up my box of Mickey Mouse chocolates and a bag of MM soaps and shampoos for my team mates to enjoy.

I have also brought a TON of food with me today as I am recommitting to get back on track after a weekend of truly pigging out (scale is up 2 lbs this morning!). I am already hungry and will have a banana snack soon.

It is already very hot and muggy out today so I will stay in at lunchtime and possibly walk outside this evening if it cools down - otherwise there is always the treadmill?? I am seriously considering joining the local curves copycat place for a month or so. I went last summer and did enjoy it - it's just timing that is an issue. My goal would be to go on my way home from work (5-5:30 pm) and thus get it over with (they close around 8 pm). I find once I get home I tend to stay there and there are always things to keep me busy. I really enjoyed the efficiency of getting my workout done in 30 mins!

Will this day ever end???
Old 07-18-2005, 11:59 AM   #2  

'Morning everyone:

I skimmed the end of the last thread, but I just can't keep up with you all. Glad everyone is doing pretty well.

I do want to say welcome back, Terri, and good for you on rejoining. You'll love seeing that weight come off.

I chickened out on Saturday and took a no weigh-in pass. I was still way up and, to top it off, I left all my WW stuff in my office. If I'm careful, maybe I can squeak by with a decent weight next week. I'm going to make sure I get a walk in everyday and I'm also going to start some resistance training. I have a set of handweights at my office and another at home. It only takes about 10 minutes a day, so there's really no excuse.

We had a nice weekend. Dd got her copy of Harry Potter and is already halfway through it. We've made her promise not to reveal any secrets. Dh and I are reading it to ds as well, at a slower pace.

Yesterday we had a dinner picnic and let ds play with the new soccer ball he got for his birthday. They had a great time just running around, although ds did fall and bite his tongue really hard. Not too much damage, but he had to eat oatmeal this morning. I had a lf/sf ice cream cone at Baskin Robbins, and, boy, did that feel like a treat. A very good use of points--they have some nice flavors right now and all the nutrition info is available on their website. Ds and I had "Mad about Chocolate." He's the one who chose it, and I didn't tell him it was sf. I can't say he was much less bouncy afterwards than he would have been with the sugar.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:18 PM   #3  
Athlete in Training

Hi all --

Welcome back Terri!

Safe travels Melissa.

Hi again Frouf!

Hope everybody else is enjoying the start of a hot summer week.

It looks like vacation central. I'm leaving next week Wed until Tuesday 8/2 for my Asheville getaway with my girlfriend. I'm driving and have just printed up all my maps. I'm very excited. We've rented a newly built cabin in the woods with a hot tub, wrap-around porch and lots of amenities. Plus there's a huge summer festival in town that weekend (and ya know I love these things!)

And get this: Yesterday I had to kill a little time before meeting my cousins for dinner and went into a Kohls. I picked up a top in the Misses section (that's right, the Misses - not the Womens). I'm thrilled to report that an XL fits!

I fested a bit this weekend and used every last bit of my WPA plus a few APs, but I didn't take anything to extremes and feel pretty good about it.

Gotta run -- I'll try to check in later. Smile everybody!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:00 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Girls! I'm back from babysitting. Just threw a Core meatloaf in the oven which is crazy since it's at least 90 degrees here. As soon as it comes out we are going out to the pool. No cooking for me tonight since I've gotta swim! We'll have Chipotle and I'll make brown rice for mine. Jim doesn't eat meatloaf...it's for my lunches.

Kathy, Judd needs to wake up and realize that no one is ever going to take care of him like his Mom did. That's crazy. If he's not helping I wouldn't worry about how the house looks. Although, I think you're like me and would feel like it reflects on you if it isn't clean. I hope your day is better. Seems like you're getting rain. We only got a bit. Not enough. I'll be out there handwatering tomorrow night from 7-11 which is all we are allowed. Nothing for the lawn.

Angela, you are so oranized. I'm like that too. Have to have lists.

Frouf, sorry you're back at work. It really stinks, doesn't it? Selfishly, though it is wonderful to have you back here.

Terry, your vacation plans sound fabulous. You'll remind us before you go, right? Congratulations on your NSV. Wow....XL...I can't wait! Right now 1X and 2X sound small to me!

Cher, exercise is the only thing that helps me...that and the water. I've done good with my water today and did the treadmill. I'll be exercising in the pool soon.

Well, gotta go slather up. Sure wish you could all be here. At least with us we wouldn't have to feel self-conscious in our suits! I thought of you all at my meeting last Friday. I didn't have anyone to talk to and thought that it would be so much fun if we had all met in our meetings. It's really been hard for me not to go to meetings with a friend. But...I decided I had to do it for myself and be willing to go alone. I knew that I would have to go for a long, long time to reach goal and that many people don't hang in there that long. So.....maybe I'll make a new friend!

Last edited by Vickie; 07-18-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:30 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm kind of bummed. My cholesterol numbers didn't improve as much as I had hoped. The overall number went down from 267 to 242. The others were about the same and my LDL improved from 210 to 186. HDL went down to 39 and triglycerides went up from 91 to 103. None of it is great though. I'll just have to see what the Doctor says on Thursday. This is after 10 months on Core. I guess red meat and eggs are going to be out for me. Right after I eat this meatloaf! What would olives and avocado affect? I've been eating quite a bit of them since Core. I thought they were good fat.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-18-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

vickie, it is amazing how much of our lives revolves around food, isn't it? almost every occasion has something edible attached. our company were glad we didn't have the garlic bread. they've been reducing this summer, too, and have cut out breads, potatoes, etc. (they're doing south beach) your menu sounds deelish. i don't think anything can beat a good steak and baked potato. would you believe curtis doesn't care for steaks? he's much happier with chicken or burgers. i don't get many steaks here at home. i almost ordered one at cracker barrel today but decided on grilled chicken instead. i was too hungry to wait on the steak. seems it always takes longer to cook than anything else they serve.

kathy, i had a feeling he'd been a bachelor. he sure doesn't sound like he's been "trained." do you need a whip and chain? it sounds to me like you've already done a lot to get ready for the poker party. my hair is the pits. i get it cut wednesday and it's not a day too soon. i'm looking like a sheep dog.

angela, you have a full day, don't you? do you need more than 24 hours today? my maternal grandmother played piano at a country baptist church when she was a young woman. she played by ear. (so i'm told. i never got to hear her play.)

frouf, thank you for starting a new thread. this gets confusing figuring out which page to be on sometimes. i'd love to see you in your "ears." what a hoot! you've brought a lot of smiles to work with you today. this should perk up everyone's monday blahs. those 2 lbs will come off quickly. just think how much you could have gained while on vacation. two ain't bad!!!!

cher, your sunday sounds like a lot of fun. congratulations on choosing wisely at baskin robbins. you should get some good results with all your exercising.

terry, what an inspiration you are!!! i'll bet you're still smiling after getting that new top. congratulations!!!

vickie, i don't have anyone to go to meetings with either. maybe that's one reason i don't go. i know what you mean about not having anyone to talk with at those meetings. seems everyone is stiff, doesn't it? i don't understand why they don't have some kind of mixer before the meetings. a lot of folks get there early and don't have anything to do but stare at the walls.

well, it's hot outside. i'm indoors for the remainder of the day. maybe i'll go downstairs and watch some "phantom of the opera." i've just seen it 2.5 times. it's time to watch that other half, isn't it?

have a mahvalus monday afternoon, ladies.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:39 PM   #7  

Well, I turtled at my weigh-in, which is fine with me. I did get the WW Employment Inquiry Form to fill out, so maybe I can see about becoming a leader.

I've got to finish cooking dinner - hope everyone's having a nice day.

Angela
Old 07-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

angela, i'll take a turtle any old day. congratulations. i hope you get to become a leader. you might have to do reception/weighing or something else first.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, great work, my friend! Can't wait to hear what they say to your Leader application. I'd think they'd want a successful Core person. What did your favorite Leader have to say?
Old 07-18-2005, 09:30 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Slow night, huh? I've got a big case of the blahs. I wasn't even hungry tonight, just came home and plopped down in the recliner. Well, and made 3 potholders, but it seems to relax me. I guess it gives my mind something to think about other than work and bills and a dirty house.

Maybe tomorrow will be better. Congrats on the turtling, Angela.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:17 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

it is slow here, isn't it? i sure do miss melissa. i need to go back and update my "what's to eat today?" list. i have been bored. at least i ate core stuff.

kathy, are you feeling better? i'll bet you're cranking out those potholders. my kitchen is tea rose with light pink and country blue. hint hint
Old 07-19-2005, 08:36 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning, Chicks! Wow, there is a MAJOR case of the blahs with us. Hope this little moon cycle passes quickly. It's hard to follow a program when we're down in the dumps. It looks like a beautiful day here. I don't think I can swim today because I have a painter coming to give me an estimate around dinner time.

Thanks for the kind words about my cholesterol, Sandra. I was really bummed and freaked out about it because both of my parents had heart disease. Jim, as usual, did his best to make me feel better and come out of my funk. He's right, there was some improvement. I just set myself up for failure by expecting that it would be better than it was. I'm hoping the Doctor agrees and gives me some more time to lower it. I can't believe Curtis doesn't like steak. He certainly doesn't fit into the stereotype of the male meat eater! I wish I didn't like red meat so much. Oh Well! I've slacked off on my fish eating lately. I'll try to get back to it.

Kathy, I'm a little concerned about you. I know Judd has you in a bit of a tailspin. Gotta try to not let him affect you or your eating if you can. Think he knows you're mad at him yet? If he knows and doesn't care then you need to give him a kick in the pants! Shame on him for taking advantage of such a good person. Hope your day goes better today.

Frouf, are you wearing your pink ears again today? I think I'd wear them all week to help you remember the great time that you had. I'm really glad to hear that your family seems to have gotten along well on vacation.

Terry, this drought is killing us here. Hope you're being careful on your runs. The heat and humidity is just wicked.

Well, gotta go get ready for my day. Must exercise and figure out what to cook tonight. I hope you all have an amazing Tuesday!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:58 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, everybody.

Ugh ... another night of not sleeping well, another day of wishing I were home taking a nap. Maybe it's the heat.

Vickie, the numbers should keep dropping slowly because you've been so good about sticking to your eating.

Sandra, kitchen colors duly noted.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:34 AM   #14  

Good morning all! I made a doll baseball cap last night. It turned out pretty cute. I made it out of white felt, and did all the topstitching and trimming in bright pink, including the visor lining. Very trendy. Today I'm working on a white felt coat with leopard spotted fur trim. It has a cute beret to match, and I think I'll make mittens too. My mom is making all the super-difficult heirloom sewing dresses that are pretty much made out of tiny pieces of lace. They're a pain in the butt, but are very popular.

Vickie, try not to worry about your cholesterol numbers. At least they didn't go up or stay the same! They definitely had a downward trend, so that's great.

I'm sorry everyone is feeling blah today. I think I'm too busy to feel anything at the moment.

I told my leader last night that I wanted to start a Mommy and Me WW class, as we don't have any here in my city. She said, "I think that's a very good possibility," or something like that. I'm not sure about doing anything right now, because I still have small children at home full time. I could probably do a few meetings a week in the evening when dh is home, but I don't know. But I'm definitely going to fill out the form and find out everything, so when I'm ready, I'll be set to go.

I'd better get on with my day...

Angela
Old 07-19-2005, 10:02 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks Angela! I'm trying to keep on keeping on. I just really don't want to be on medicine but will do whatever the Doctor tells me on Thursday.

Your doll clothes sound incredible. I'm sure your Grandma is going to be thrilled to pieces! I'd like one of those baseball caps as will our own pink loving Froufie!
Closed Thread