Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 06:47 PM   #76  
Closed

Exclamation New Screen Name!! New Resolve???

Hi All....it has been a while since I was here last. Busyness and waiting for my screen name change!! Maybe that'll be the trick
The past three weeks have been up and down for me!! What's new!!!
Battling those same blasted 2-3 lbs, and the fight continues....I have learned I can no longer count another daily point...perhaps the ones we are "allowed" but that's it. I am addicted to Core and this board, and all of you lovely 'friends'
First...
Vickie I love your picture!! and your never ending steadfast-ness. You're are amazing...
Terry God Bless you and the exciting news of your new baby girl. I hope and pray things are going well.
Angela you are unreal with all you do and get done while taking care of 3 little ones and a household!! Seems like you are still doing well. If you can get a Mommie And Me going you'd be great!! We have them here too!!
Kathy You always sound so busy, I have early days too, but I don't have to come home to such a hugh home....where do you get and how do you muster up all that energy. You never seem to stop!!
Sandra absoulety LOVE your new picture and your hair!! If I knew how to post a picture I would..Haven't figured that out yet. Actually have a decent one we just took while in Key West @ Jimmy Buffets' Margaritaville.
Melissa I didn't know you were gone, I haven't been here either but welcome back
Cher glad you made it through the Hawiian BBQ. Good for you!!
Speaking of aerobics I am going to start my Step Video workout again. I love it and have not done it in quite some time. That is a good work out. Too damn hot to walk outdoors here, just like all over.
Frouf Welcome back from Fla...sounds like you all enjoyed Disney. I love it there. Frank and I go usually 2x's a year. We are only 3 hour drive, so it's well worth it for us. We have such fun when we're there.
I love Epcot the Best!! All the countries without the cost of a plane ticket to Europe

I am trying very hard to 'refocus' hence the new screen name. I just want to get this down and get on with things. Frank is still so EVER supportive of my craziness in my switching of program. He gives me the pep talk every morning while we chit chat over a cup of coffee before leaving for work. Bless his Patient Heart.
I am once again 'trying' to listen to my body - I didn't hear it very well today but I never give up I just screw up!! And tomorrow is another day and I am packed for breakfast and lunch. It is STILL my 'sweet tooth' that gets me, but I have been searching out the recipe boards for different one's that I would have. Fruit for snack at night will just not work for me. I found a great board 'Kippy's' with a forum called MIND OVER PLATTER...very interesting and informative.
So to sum it up, I am still out here giving it my best. My weigh ins have been
"not good" why???? Because I have not cared and the scale shows it....that's when I care ......So now I am 15 lbs from my WW goal, and a **** of a long way from MY personal goal, and so I keep on keeping on, never really giving up like I said, just screwing up!!
Before I end, Kathy, I hope things go well with your daughter. How sad to have to experience something like that so young.
Lisa I hope things are going well for you.
Well, that is about it for now....however ANY insite and pep talks are welcomed....till then, take care and be well out there.....Linda
Hope you all don't mind me being back.

To any one I may have left out, I hope you are well....there were just TOO many posts since my last visit....

Last edited by TRYING2Refocus; 07-21-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:06 PM   #77  
focused and aiming

kathy, i feel very sorry for your dd. i'd be freaked, too, if i were her. have you asked her if she'd like for you to go? she would probably appreciate the support.

angela, thank you. i think i'll get used to this hair for now but i am going to let it get a little longer. i'm thinking of surfing for new short do's for "mature women." i get into those fogs, too. it was good of your mom to know how to distract you. you're lucky to have her nearby.

kathy, you and angela are making me feel better. my self-esteem plummeted yesterday. but that was yesterday. today i'm a bmw again.

linda, i like your new username. i love your attitude "not giving up just screwing up." how much have you already lost? i am impressed that you are just 15 lbs from goal. that's impressive. thank you for the compliment. i wasn't really hinting for compliments. i just wanted to let ya'll know how i look now. the old photo is what i want to look like. 5 years have made a difference in more ways than one.

i haven't walked the treadmill yet. i will probably begin in either a few minutes or when big bro comes on. we'll see.

have a good evening, everyone. i'll be back later.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #78  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back, Linda! I was starting to worry about you -- in fact, the other day I was searching thru old posts looking for something, and came across someone who LOOKED like you and SOUNDED like you, but the name was different. The more I read, the more I knew that it was you with a different screen name. I was wondering what was up!

I just told Judd that I am giving up for a while. He's still at work but about to leave and go to the grocery store to get poker game food. I asked him to stop by Grandy's and get me some food. And what do I want? Well of course, chicken fried steak and gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, fried okra and some rolls. Maybe I'll eat so much that I'll get sick and then I'll be cured of THAT craving! Notice I said MAYBE!

It just seems as though no matter what I do, the scale doesn't budge. I'm sure if I were to stick with something very strictly that I would be able to lose the last 10-15 pounds and be done with it, but evidently I'm either not ready or motivated as of yet. I'm sure I'll do it eventually, but right now it just isn't happening.

I'm off to vacuum dog hair off of the tile and maybe mop too. I know, I know -- you're all jealous of my glitzy, glamourific life.

Last edited by Katpo; 07-21-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:51 PM   #79  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, I LOVE your picture. You look at least 10 years younger than the other picture. My big Sister and my Mom had ponys for a long time. I thought they both looked adorable when they finally got them cut off. I haven't had long hair for a long, long time. In high school it was straight and way down past my butt. I was the perfect 70's child!

Kathy, I am so sorry for your DD. I would be a complete mess and I don't mind talking in front of people. I'm not gonna read the articles because that stuff makes me have nightmares. I'm so sorry because really your whole family is going to go through this. You are a great Mom in many ways but especially for volunteering to go and be with her through her testimony.

Angela, I'm a baby and am afraid of real spooky supernatural stuff. Would I be able to read the Harry Potter books? The Exorcist and Amityville Horror were the last two scary movies I saw and they gave me nightmares for weeks. Moms are great and yours sounds really special.

Linda, welcome home! You know you are always welcome here. Are you doing Core these days? I wish I had some great advice for you, Linda. About all I can say is get on and stay on and eventually you will lose the weight. It's what I've been trying to tell myself. Maybe you should save your points for sweet treats that will make you happier than the fruit does. For me, the smoothies are still doing the trick. I also really love Natural Ovens cookies. They are more like muffin tops and chewy than cookies but they are pretty healthy, very filling, high fiber and low points. I find them in the bread aisle with the bread from the same company.

Well, gotta go makes some applesauce and water some bushes. It's and odd day and our day for watering. Have a nice evening. I probably won't be back until afternoon tomorrow since I have weigh in, banking, and a million other errands.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:55 PM   #80  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I've been craving mashed potatoes too. Tomorrow night I'm making a whole chicken in my Ron Popeil rotisserie oven and making Core mashed potatoes and corn to go with it. I can't wait. I'll find something cool to do with the leftovers, like a chicken salad stuffed tomato for lunch the next day.

I had salmon for dinner tonight but it wasn't cooked enough for me. I probably should have sent it back. I'm already hungry again. I think it'll be a Natural Oven cookie and a cup of hot tea for me after I water the bushes.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:04 PM   #81  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, I just had to scratch my itch. I've been wanting "bad food" for so long and am close to giving up completely, so I figured I might as well give in. Maybe it'll make me get back on track.

I had a whole roasted chicken from the deli that we ate night before last. There's a lot left over, so I'm thinking that I'll make the 5-can soup, maybe even add some black beans. Chicken, rotel, mexicorn, black beans, and chicken broth. Yes, that sounds like a great soup!! I think I'll do it!!
Old 07-21-2005, 08:49 PM   #82  
Closed

Kathy, Vickie, thanks!! I am not giving up, like I said just screwing up. I did points all the while I was MIA...but to no avail. Same 2-3 lbs....you know how it is. So I am still where I was and where I have been, which seems like forever!!!!!!!!!
So tomorrow it's Core (again) ...but with, yet again, a different outlook. Frank is keeping me stabile and steady and is always willing to keep me 'focused' with my morning pep talk, whether it's Points or Core he is there for me, cause he know's I am soooo close, and that I am my worst enemy, and I just keep screwing it up! I think using some wpa for my 'special' treats is what I will and should do. I do, regardless of what WW program I am doing at the time, use them for my Saturday night 'drinks' It's my way of relaxing after a hard week after work. I use 6 pts = 2pts per 1 1/2 oz jigger, with Diet Sprite, and after two I am feeling pretteee good!!And three, well there's no telling what will happen. ..But we're indoors and never get in either vehicle.
Mashed Potatos, that sounds good. I did do that with a turnip over the weekend, and it was quite good, I was surprised. I am going to do that with Cauliflower too. Just use either of those to replace the Potato, that works for me. Thank God!!
The hardest thing will be the 'sweet' factor. I can't wait till I no longer have those cravings....I've read so many times that most people get over that in three days or so. I did notice with points I WAS making some really bad treat choices, and that lead to wanting more and more...not good!! I am going to try and do this for one complete ENTIRE week....ONE ENTIRE WEEK!!!!!!!! What the do you think would be so hard about that????? Got me, but it is, at least for me.... I am stronger than that, or at least you'd think I was. We're talking 15 lbs for the Love of God!!
I can do that!! I am figuring Labor Day is about 6 weeks away, maybe just maybe I can lose half of that by then..... any more would be 'gravy' not the kind we have to eat!! Maybe I should think that way and not the BIG picture....Ok by Labor Day!! I will need all the support I can get though.
Thanks.......Linda
Old 07-21-2005, 09:25 PM   #83  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Linda- hang in there - one of the most important things to learn on this weight loss journey is how you and your body react to food- anyone can lose weight - it's keeping it off that is the issue. I know the last few lbs are hard to get rid of but it sure sounds like you will know what you're doing when you get there and will benefit from all the struggles and knowledge you will have gained.

Sandra - you are ADORABLE with the the new sassy hair - I love it!

Lisa - how are your eyes? Feeling better I hope.

Angela - I LOVE reading and if I could that is all I would ever do! I love getting lost in a good book. In fact the reason I was up late the other night was cuz I was well into a Mary Higgins Clark thriller which I could not put down so stayed up til 12:30 am to finish (as if I could have fallen asleep wondering who the killer was anyways!)

Vickie- sounds like your dr was pretty reasonable and glad to hear you don't need any more meds. Of course we would all LOVE quick and amazing health changes when we lose weight, but I guess it all takes time. I would bet money that your next appt in 3 months brings amazing results!

Kathy - poor DD - I would also be freaking out if I got subpoenaed for a trial. How scary for her -I would go along with her - she may think she does not need you there but I bet she'll be happy for the support no matter what.

Sounds like your house is in order for your company- wish I could say the same about mine!

And all this talk about food -yummy roasted chicken and my favorite comfort food mashed potatoes!!!....and did I mention I am HUNGRY NOW!....because yes (insert drumroll here) I EXERCISED TONIGHT!!!! I think I was feeling a bit guilty about some of the party snacking.

Came home and broiled the salmon (did not have any but packed some up for lunch tomorow), and nibbled here and there as I made lunches for kids for tomorrow. Then I popped some popcorn, with some ICBINB spray and settled in for some computer games.

I usually watch "millionnaire" at 7 pm and I thought you know the treadmill is right there and I could just slip on my runners and walk while watching instead of just sitting around! So I did 50 minutes at 3.3 mph (I tried 3.5 but that was a little too fast). Yes I was "glowing" when I was done, but I felt good about it too.

Now of course I am hungry but don't want to undo any of the exercise benefits. Scared I will pig out if I go to the kitchen??? I am thinking of something basic maybe like cereal and milk or yogurt and fruit? But I do hate to eat right before bed.

Now where is Terri w/those baby pictures?

Frouf
Old 07-21-2005, 09:46 PM   #84  
Southside White Sox Fan

Go, Froufie, go Froufie with your glowing exercised self!!!! 3.3 huh! I can barely do 3.0 with my alligator legs attached to this short 5' 3" body. My Niece is always making fun of my alligator legs and arms. My torso is normal but arms and legs are short. It cost me a fortune in tailoring because I can't wear petites since my torso is normal. God was not kind when he created this body!

I'm still trying to get my applesauce to cook. I had to use fuji instead of macintosh and they aren't cooking so well. I need to go make and have my tea and cookies. Tomorrow will be an early day.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:39 PM   #85  
Melissa

Hey guys! I don't have much time but wanted to say hi. I'm so tired I just can't wait to fall into bed.

First I have to say....SANDRA, I LOVE your hair!!! You are too cute and sassy! I think you look fantastic. Weigh-in is tomorrow. We'll come and give our report tomorrow. Congrats on exercising tonight, it sounds like you did really great.

Kathy, I'm so sorry that DD has to testify. What an intense experience. For you too. I hope that you enjoyed your mashed potatoes. I had some at O'Charley's earlier this week and they were so good.

Frouf, good job with that exercise!! Oh and I usually do w/i before I shower. I meant to this morning and forgot, and I was so curious that I just had to do it. I'm such a dork. I'm glad that you had such control at the party this afternoon. You work with a social bunch, don't you?

Linda, glad to see you back. I was wondering what happened to you!! You are going to figure this thing out. We all will together.

Vickie, for tomorrow's w/i!!! I hope that your applesauce came out okay.

I'll have to catch up on you guys later. I've got to go to bed soon!
Old 07-21-2005, 10:41 PM   #86  
Melissa

I know this is random....has there always been an exclamation point after the "3 fat chicks on a diet" at the top of the pages?? I just noticed it.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:04 PM   #87  

Melissa, I don't think it did. I also think it used to be in capital letters. Strange things are happening on the site these days!

So did anyone watch Brat Camp yesterday? We watched it on dvr tonight. Interesting.

I had a bad eating day, but I'm OK with that, as long as it doesn't become a habit. I think I really needed it today. I'm feeling a lot calmer about my trip. I just tend to obsess about worrying and planning for every contingency, which is, of course, impossible when you're traveling with small children.

I'm going to bed now and I'm not going to get up until the last possible minute. Then tomorrow I think mom and I have to pick beans and peas again, one last time before our trip. Otherwise we'll have GIGANTIC green beans by the time we get back. I swear, they grow so fast here, you have to pick them every other day to keep ahead of them, no exaggeration.

Vickie, the Harry Potter books are written for children, so they're not too scary. I hate horror movies and books too. The Harry Potter books are more amusement than anything. They're a quick, fun read. I'd recommend them. If you're SUPER sensitive about scary stuff, I wouldn't read them, but I think I'd feel safe reading them to my 6 year old, so they can't be too bad.

Welcome back Linda - it's nice to see you again.

Nighty night everyone!
Angela
Old 07-22-2005, 06:12 AM   #88  
Closed

Mornin' everyone....thanks for the 'warm' welcome.....it felt good. I was kind of hesitant at first cause I was away so long.
Well, I have my day planned and my inbetweeners Even spent last night cooking up veggies and yes cous cous....I figure it's a whole lot better to grap that instead of something 'bad' like I usually do!! Don't have any fruit in the house right now. Or hey maybe I can do one of Vickie smoothies...with the frozen fruit...that I do have!!
I am going to start my Step Video either today after work or tomorrow. Frouf got me in the mood now....I wish I had a treadmill. We do have one in our community room so I really don't have an excuse except pure laziness
Frouf and Melissa I am going to TRY very hard to listen to my body and see how that works for me.
Angela I love Harry Potter - haven't read the books but Frank and I have rented the Video's. Try that Vickie you may like it.
And Vickie here's a few for ya!! I don't know if I'll weigh in....can't take another UP!!!
Sandra again, I love your hair cut...I think you look sooo attractive like that. Love the color too!! Hope you're having a successful day.
Kathy hope your daughter will be ok with this. It's nice for her to know 'Mom' will be there right by her side.....
Also I think your menu's are excellant how can you feel you don't do this right?? Everything I see on the Menu board from all of you is fantastic!!
Terry thoughts are with you, hope all is going well.
Well it's time to get outta here.....and start the work day....but TGIF!!! See you all later...........Linda

Last edited by TRYING2Refocus; 07-22-2005 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #89  
Melissa

Hey chicks.
I had a depressing w/i this morning. I was up TWO pounds. I just couldn't believe my eyes. It is enough to make me just want to quit. I thought that I made good choices during my training. Maybe it was just the fact that I ate out for 3 days straight. I don't know. But I am sad to report that I dealt with it by going to McDonald's for breakfast. Not a good coping mechanism, I know, but it did feel pretty good and my outlook is actually a little better. Stupid hold food has on my mind. Anyway, I think that I have decided that exercise is going to be my new focus. I am challenging myself to exercise at least 6 times this week for 20 minutes at a time. So please feel free to interrogate me about it.

Angela, I'm glad that you are feeling less nervous about your trip. I just know that you will have an excellent time. If you have any mutant green beans when you get back, please post a picture. Oh and thanks for agreeing with me about the exclamation point. At least I'm not the only one questioning these things.

Linda, I'm glad that you have your day all set out. Good luck to you. I think that eating couscous is a great idea, even if you tend to eat too much of it, that is better than cake or something (like mcdonald's breakfast ).

Vickie, and Sandra, for better results than me. Can't wait to hear how things went.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:30 AM   #90  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning All! I only have a minute.

Melissa, what a bummer! I'm glad you've moved beyond your bad feelings. Stay off the scale for a couple of days and start your exercise and you'll be fine. Drink a lot of water to flush that McDonald's. That's why I say to stay off the scale because you might see a bit more of a temporary gain from the salty fast food. Thanks for the blinks. I need them. I fear a gain myself. I'm off to shower as soon as I finish my oatmeal.

Linda, sounds like you have a plan. Hope you have something safe ready for when you get home tonight. One week solid on Core, right?

Angela, thanks for the Harry Potter review. Have a wonderful and safe trip. When will you be home? I'm gonna miss you alot!
Closed Thread