Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 03:08 PM   #46  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Luck, Cher. I did phase 1 for the whole 2 weeks many moons ago and lost 7 pounds. Couldn't keep it up though.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:27 PM   #47  
focused and aiming

angela, is the study group part of a class project? maybe in the school of education? just wondering.

vickie, our addy is odd numbered so we'll be watering the same days as you. it's really dry here. (hot, too!) the plants are suffering. i can almost hear them crying. well, not really but they are wilting.

lisa, that's a bummer about the pink eye. i hope you're better already. my overhaul didn't come a day to soon, that's for sure. i got a photo of myself (via email) last night of me receing the award at the state field championship. it's awful!!!!!!!!!!!! i now have proper motivation to lose weight. i was fooling myself but photos tell it like it is.

frouf, you'll get the kiddoes lodging figured out before january gets here. are you thinking caribbean?

cher, according to cfc movie popcorn without butter is 3 pts for 3 cups. good luck with phase 1. let us know how it works for you.

vickie, what color are your tootsie nails? mine are red.

got to go work on printing photos. curtis took some of me at the archery shop today since that one taken at state field was so horrendous. (not the photo but the way i look in it) maybe one will make me look like marilyn monroe but i'm expecting another emotional kick in the butt. oh, well, life goes on.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:08 PM   #48  
Southside White Sox Fan

So only 10 minutes of rain this afternoon but not nice enough to swim. Best laid plans! It's getting ready to maybe rain again now. I'm hoping to not have to water again tomorrow night. We'll see if mother nature cooperates!

Sandra, my toes are beautiful dark pink rose. I'm sure you have some roses this color in your garden as we speak. This is kind of my signature color. I've been wearing it for years. I understand how you feel about the picture. That's how I feel about the one I have in my profile. It's really the one that got me motivated to get on WW and stick to it. The pictures always make me look at myself in a way that I don't look in the mirror. Remember what Terry says. Just because we are overweight doesn't mean we are ugly. You are a beautiful, warm, loving woman. Don't forget that.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:47 PM   #49  

Danged if is isn't raining here, too. Weird. I think the fatgremlins are running out of ways to thwart my exercise program. Making it rain in San Diego in July is a bit desperate, if you ask me.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:01 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

I'm nearly to the point of begging for rain again. It is HOT HOT HOT here ... and humid doesn't even begin to describe it.

I don't even care what I eat or drink anymore; my whole body hurts and I am exhausted. I was going to clean the carpets tonight and tomorrow night downstairs in prep for poker fun; instead I just called and scheduled someone to come out tomorrow afternoon. And so here I sit eating candy orange slices and drinking beer. Two true comfort foods for me.

DH has gotten the bike-riding bug up his butt. He used to ride all the time but last year he had to stop because he traded his truck for a little sports car in June and the little car had no place for the bike rack. This February he traded again and got another truck, so yesterday he worked on his bike for several hours and I guess now he'll be going every evening. If he wants to, then I'm all for it. It's at least some exercise and I can have a few hours of peace.

Little DD's friend's murder trial started yesterday and the newspaper accounts are making me sick. I hate it because I thought I knew this boy so well.

I'm about to crawl to the recliner to watch the Rangers vs. Yankees game.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:27 PM   #51  
Melissa

CHICKS!!! I am home!! I know I have about 15 MILLION pages to catch up on. If only someone could give me a quick summary! We had an okay time but I am SO glad to be home. My eating was...fair. Although I am about to go eat something bad. I'm starving! I hope that everyone is doing great, I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow to catch up and give an update. I missed you guys!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:28 PM   #52  

OMG! Welcome home!!! We missed you!

The most important thing was that Terry got a baby girl.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:29 PM   #53  
Melissa

AHHH!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!! That is such GREAT news!!!!
CONGRATS TERRY!!!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:51 PM   #54  
focused and aiming

vickie, you are so sweet. i'm in a big funk right now. it's a shame i don't have anyone to blame but myself. right now, i don't even like my hair but i do like my toenails and fingernails. i guess those are things for me to focus on right now. this has been like taking a beating. going through all these photos! oh, well, an old ww leader once told us that there were only 2 reasons why people didn't lose weight.

1. they don't know how.
2. they don't want to lose it.

i must have been in that "don't wann" mode even if i didn't know it. today's photo session has changed that. sure wish there was a quick fix out there somewhere.

kathy, move over. i need to sit in a recliner and watch tv, too. i'm proud of you for hiring the carpets cleaned. you're a smart gal.

melissa, it's good to see you home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the update on me is i'm still fat. the biggest and bestest update here is terry may be a mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! i'll leave the rest of the updating up to the others. i'm busy kicking myself right now. okay, okay. let's get to the 180's. whattadaya say?
Old 07-20-2005, 08:42 PM   #55  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, welcome home girl! Catch up with Aaron tonight and worry about us tomorrow. We'll keep!

Sandra, stop beating yourself up. What's done is done. All you can do now is make it better or worse. Feeling bad just makes it harder. Believe me, I know.

Kathy, chill girl. You put too much pressure on yourself. From the pictures I saw your home is beautiful. ****, Judd is out bike riding. He isn't worried about how the house looked or he'd be helping. Jim helps me clean up for parties. He was a bachelor for a long time pre marriage and after divorce. No excuses. I'm glad you're in the chair relaxing. I'm sorry about the orange slices and the beer but you'll get back on program. You always do. Try to take care of yourself.

My damn scale is up. I'm on my hormones but I was hoping for a good loss this week. Oh well. Nothing I can do but stay on program.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:54 PM   #56  
focused and aiming

good quote there, vickie. "Oh well. Nothing I can do but stay on program." you're right.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:08 PM   #57  

LOL! Guess who came from work and started mowing? Yup, the Juddster. I guess he's finally realized that Friday night is ... oh, 48 hours away? And things need to be done? And I'm not going to do the yard?

No dinner tonight but we have lots of leftovers. I am going between the computer, the recliner, the door to let the dogs in / out, and the kitchen. I'm trying to make my lunch to take to work and am just not interested, but I know when it gets to be lunchtime tomorrow I'll be glad I took some time tonight.

I like the quote. It should be our motto.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #58  

Good morning all! Welcome back Melissa! I'm glad you're back.

Kathy, do what you can and don't sweat the stuff you can't. It's VERY muggy here too - heat index in the 100's, feels like a hot, steaming brick wall every time you step outside. Very icky! I'm so glad we have a/c. We didn't when I was a kid.

I don't have my car this morning - dh took it to work because his tire was flat. So I'm going to hang around here, clean, sew, putter around, and try to relax. I always get SO uptight before a trip, I don't sleep well, and I make myself more uptight. It's a vicious circle.

Hmm, the girls are very quietly doing SOMETHING with the huge container of cat food. I think I'm going to investigate before something horrible happens.

Later!
Angela
Old 07-21-2005, 09:35 AM   #59  

Angela, give those girls some breakfast! Poor babies, having to snack on cat food!

I woke up a little late (what's new these days?) which put everything off schedule a bit. And I have to leave by 3:30 to get home in time to meet the carpet cleaners. Oh well! Also means I have to work 7 hours tomorrow just to get my 40 hours for this week, and I'll have no carryover for next week and will have to work 10 hours each day next week if I want to be off on Friday. Oh well again!

My new patient likes daisies, so I'm making some matchbook mint covers that are black and white and have daisies on them. For the inside, I'm using Lifesavers Pep-o-mints. If anyone wants the template, send me a PM and I'll give you my address. Then you can email me and I can reply with the template attached as a word file. They are very cute -- and can be adapted for most anything. Just change the little graphic and the color of the bar. I can also try to describe how to fold them, staple, etc. I've made them for showers and birthday or Christmas parties, etc. I even made some with my company's logo on them to put on the admin's desk. Too cute. Here's an example if you don't know what I'm talking about:

http://candyimpressions.com/matchbookmints.htm
Old 07-21-2005, 09:37 AM   #60  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning, Chicks! We finally got some rain last night and looks like we might get a bit more later this morning or early afternoon.

Angela, you sound like you feel a little trapped without your car! What a nice excuse to stay home and putter. I love puttering. That's what I'm best at these days.

Kathy, I'm glad Judd at least did the lawn. I'm sure he knows the heat would kill you with your MS. I hope he pitches in more before Friday. Maybe he'd be good at cleaning floors!

My darn scale continues to be up around 2 pounds. Very frustrating with weigh in at noon tomorrow. If I don't lose at least a pound I'm going to be very upset even though I know there is nothing I can do to control it. I'm already drinking more water than ever and I continue to exercise. No real change with my portions, in fact, I think I've been trying to be better about making them a bit smaller. I think I may be in the middle of a real plateau. Harumpf.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday. I get to go talk to the Doctor in a couple of hours. He's a great guy and I know he'll do whatever is best for me with my cholesterol. I'll talk with you all later.
Closed Thread