Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:27 PM   #106  

If it's not ripe now, it will be green and hard. When it's ready, the skin will have darkened to almost black and it will give slightly when you press it. Don't let it get really soft, because then they taste rancid. Store it on the countertop--it won't ripen in the fridge. In fact, if it ripens and you can't use it right away you can put it in the fridge for a little while.

I like to slice it and serve as a salad with orange slices, drizzled with a little mayonnaise thinned out with some of the orange juice. It also makes almost any salad taste richer, especially ones with tuna, seafood or tomato.

Terry, at my meeting there is a refrigerator magnet for 25 pounds, which should be my next reward. It's a big star.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:33 PM   #107  

Height: 5'7"

I always store mine in the fridge because they last longer. I buy the black ones (California) instead of the green ones (Florida). I like the taste of the black ones, which are already ripe when I buy them.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:55 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

It's raining here after no rain in FOREVER! ! ! I'm sure it won't last long, although it is really torrential right now. Sorry I can't send it westward it seems to have a mind of it's own and is moving off the coast into the Atlantic.

Someone's trying to call.

BBL
Lisa
Old 06-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #109  
Athlete in Training

Avocado recipes -- oh yes, I have many. Just the other day I had a shrimp-avocado salad that was extremely tasty.

I had posted a cucumber-avocado salad that is really fabulous. There's also a couple of guacamole recipes on the board that are very yummy.

Cher's recipe sounds really good too.

And the 50 pound magnet is identical to the 25 pound magnet (except for the numbers). I told my WW leader to suggest to HQ that they give out free meeting passes instead of magnets.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:39 PM   #110  
Closed

You all just move sooooooooooo fast......but all is going well here and just want you to know that!! I can't possible remember all that was said, but everyone is sooooo encouraging......we all sound like we have such a new resolve, collectively!!!!!
Whoooohooooo for us!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 05:23 PM   #111  
focused and aiming

i'll have to come back later to read the posts. i have some foot exercises to do now. i'm here just for a second to do some fessin' up. i blew it today. guess i won't be spouting words of wisdom for awhile.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:49 PM   #112  
focused and aiming

i'm back with my head down and my tail between my legs. (not a pretty picture, right?)

first off--congratulations, terry!!!! that's fabulous news! i didn't realize you'd just been doing core for 3 months. 50 lbs in 3 months! i need to start running. you are a wonderful inspiration.

vickie, did you get to swim today? we don't have a texas roadhouse here in missoula. i don't think there's one in montana for that matter.

thank you for telling me what your ww leader said about being hungry in the am meaning you'd gone to bed satisfied. now here's what happened to me today. no excuses. i'm to blame 100%. i just reacted instead of responding to events.

i went with my mil early this am for her to have lasik cataract surgery. i didn't eat anything before i left to get her at 8. we were due to be out of the eye surgery clinic by 10 or so. emergencies happened and her appointment was delayed. we got out of there around noon. by the time curtis and i got her back to the nursing home and got to a local restaurant, it was after 1 pm. i didn't handle this well. i won't say any more. you can imagine what's been happening. the restaurant meal just started things dominoing.

i don't mess up like this very often--and most of the time i eat no sugar. (because of archery as well as for being on core. sugar makes me shake my bow arm) i'm not worried about getting back on track in the am. that will happen. i am just a bit embarassed because i've been spouting so much free advice lately. guess i wasn't listening to myself. oh, well, i've already kicked myself, dusted myself, and am ready to start anew.

melissa, i'm going to work extra hard to get to the 180's on the 7th.

melissa. have you heard about dh's job yet? i'm thinking positive thoughts.

lisa, do you have wi today? i skimmed the last 3 pages quickly and i think i saw something about your wi there.

linda, how's it going? thank you for telling us about your journey. that helps. i read an article in reader's digest today about how the europeans keep from gaining. there wasn't really anything new there. it was mainly a re-inforcement of what we already know, but it was interesting reading.

well, i hate to tell ya'll this, but it just started raining again. we had a drought this winter so we're desperate for rain. we don't want any of those big wildfires late this summer like we had a few years ago. i remember looking out our window at the mountains across the valley and seeing fire jump from one hill to another. beautiful but scarey. i don't want to see that again.

i did find out biggest loser will air in the fall. big brother starts july 7th, though.

got to go. i'm rambling now and jumping from one topic to another. have a good evening.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:19 PM   #113  

I was down .8 at weigh-in tonight. I'll take it, even though it's small! TOM is on it's way, so not too bad.

Angela
Old 06-29-2005, 07:28 PM   #114  

Yay, Angela! That's great!!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #115  
Melissa

Hey everybody! How are you all? I've had a very long day. Eating was okay. Stopped at Fazoli's on the way home and got the ww penne, but instead of marina I got alfredo. Bad Melissa!! But it was good, and almost worth it!
DH is at work tonight, so I have no idea if anyone from the church has tried to call him. My guess is that we won't hear anything until tomorrow, as the committee didn't meet until this evening. Who knows though. Thanks to everyone who has been asking about it and sending good thoughts. We are excited just to know one way or the other. Aaron actually got a call today and has an interview at a printing company on Friday. Not anything that he really wants to do, but it is another option. It is just pretty funny that he gets another interview now.

Vickie, You are so funny! I don't know why, but I don't feel that worked up. I guess I just really believe that he is going to get the job. Maybe I shouldn't be so confident! Besides, we aren't even positive that they are making a decision tonight, so who knows. Thanks for the recipe. And thanks for posting about boiling eggs. I have always wanted to know a precise way to boil eggs, but was always embarrassed to ask anyone. Guess I just thought it was too much like boiling water. Thanks!

Terry, I am so impressed with your success. I had no idea that you had only been doing core 3 months! Wow!! If I could get a tenth of your discipline I would be successful too! Way to go!!

Kathy, we haven't been getting any rain here either. Over the past two days we have gotten random sporadic thundershowers, but nothing to amount to anything. Hopefully it will rain soon!

Sandra, don't let today get you down. You do so well and I know that you will get right back on track. One day won't do too much damage if you get right back on plan. And as Vickie says, "pound" the water!

Cher, good luck with all of those camp activities. It definitely does not sound like any relief for you!

Well ladies I am going to try to "bless" my house some tonight. DH's parents are having a yard sale in a couple of weeks and we are going to take some stuff over. I'll let you guys know I I hear anything!!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:18 PM   #116  
Melissa

I HAVE NEWS LADIES!!
Aaron just called me from work. The pastor from church just called and told Aaron that they would love the opportunity to work with us. So the "search committee" is giving authority to the "personnel committee" to work out the actual hiring process, pay, etc. So he isn't "technically" hired but they have offered him the job. Make sense? Sorry that probably doesn't make much sense if you aren't familiar with the goofy way Baptists do things. But I just had to share with you guys!!! Thanks for all of your well-wishes and encouragement. Gotta go walk the dog and call the in-laws!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:20 PM   #117  

Yay!! That's great news Melissa!

Angela
Old 06-29-2005, 08:25 PM   #118  

Awesome!! And ... I *AM* thoroughly familiar with the goofy way that the Southern Baptist process works -- my dad was music minister the whole time I was growing up and my brother is now a PT music minister and fill-in pastor for his church!

Of course, we just KNEW he would get the job!! I can't stop smiling!!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:36 PM   #119  
Closed

Great News Melissa!!!!!

Kathy when did you lower your ticker thingy??? You'll be skin and bone, for sure!! I know you don't want to hear this but you are soooo thin already

Good loss Angela...!! to you!!

Sandra, not to worry....hang in there, take it from the of the screw ups!! Gee I sure hold a lot to Royal Titles

I have a bad headache since about 7 this morning, it's now 8:30 and it is still pounding after 6 (count 'em) 6 Advil.....Migraines....ughhhhhhh

Well that is it for me tonight...'see' you all tomorrow.....Dare I jump on the scale in the AM????????
Ciao for now.......Linda
Old 06-29-2005, 08:41 PM   #120  

Linda, you nut! I *raised* my ticker!! It has been 145, 147, 149, 151, 153, and is probably near the high end of anything it's been before! And no, please don't make me strip naked and show you the parts that are bugging me!!

Poor headache girl! I hope you're better tomorrow!
Closed Thread