Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

Hey here's a good one ... I was going to have to go to the store after work and instead I wrote it all down and gave it to him. If I can avoid the store, maybe I can avoid buying a bunch of bad stuff.

Oh yeah and some bad news/good news: Bad news is that I had a pop-tart a little bit ago. Sorry, but I was starving. The good news is that it wasn't all that good, so I don't think I'll be doing it again.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:01 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

kathy, the polenta fits right in with mexican food. i like your idea of tricking him into wanting it. i burned curtis out on polenta and am having to backoff it a bit. but that doesn't mean i can't have it, does it? i'm thinking of changing my dinner tonight to your 5 can soup. cornpones will be good with that. i'll make him some chicken noodle and he'll be happy, too. he can either have crackers or cornpones. (i'm thinking out loud here, aren't i?)

linda, congratulations on making good snack decisions. right now i'm baking some muffin tops. i made them with the south haven farms chocolate baking mix. i'll get 5 of them for 2 pts the way i made them. they save me when i'm needing something decadent. did you check the pudding on desserts thread? it's good and has 10 maximum pts for the whole dish depending on what size ff cool whip you use. it's a good light snack that satisfies the sweet tooth. i'd make some today but i'm out of ff sour cream.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:05 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

that's great that judd is doing the shopping. he seems like he's dedicated to doing this, doesn't he? how did you get him to do this? curtis halfway does core with me but he's still having stuff on the sly.

how many pts was your pop tart? i'll bet it wasn't too many. congratulations on stopping after one. sometimes i get triggered and blewey!!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:30 PM   #34  

I had a chocolate banana smoothie made with the Swiss Miss SF/FF cocoa, and it was pretty yummy. I think I need to blend it a bit longer, because there were still some big pieces of ice. But it was a Core snack!!

I'm still 100% Core today (well, I spent one WPA for dressing on my salad). I can do this!

Angela
Old 06-27-2005, 05:51 PM   #35  
Closed

Yes Angela you can!!! And you have been quite successful.....keep up the great work.
I had a smoothie (last night) that you posted (w/ff yogurt and frozen fruit) dee-lish..
Tonight it just may be that deeelishous sounding FF SwissMiss for one point I have a copy of how Vickie fixes it.....I am sure it's grrrrrrreat!!
Good going on the 100% so far.........Me too!!! What a feat for me!! Usually by day two I crack
I have to give myself this full week ENTIRELY - I so want the Cold Stone Creamy 4pt'er on Saturday for my treat!!

Well so far that after work snack thing (spinach and chicken) is holding me....so far so good. I mean I could eat but I'll wait.....it's only 5:45....and I am probably at a 2 in Core Talk
I am drinking Sam's flavored water and just finished the Liter.....

Cher - 10 more lbs and you're there girl.....Great going!!
Vickie - I just have to say how encouraging you are and how powerful your words are....keep 'em coming!!
Old 06-27-2005, 06:13 PM   #36  
Melissa

Wow, so much to catch up on! If I don't remember everyone then I'm very sorry.

Kathy, the determination I hear is inspiring! And way to go with "training" Judd. I'm very impressed!! And don't worry too much about that pop-tart.

Sandra, I think we can get to goal together, what do you think!?! We could even set mini-goals together!!! How about a goal to reach the 180's sometime soon? What do you think? I really want to make your polenta cornpone things soon.

Terry, way to go on your weekend!! It sounds like you did really well, and had a great time, too.

Linda, I can't find the sf/ff swiss miss either. I think I bought the sf too but have never tried it.

Vickie, I hope that you are having a great time at dinner!

Angela, as always you are inspiring! You're doing great! And thanks for mentioning FlyLady's website, I just love her plan.

Cher, I know that your weight-gain mistake was not funny, but isn't that crazy! But at least it served a purpose, to keep you on track!! And too!

Okay, I can't remember anything else. Sorry!

Today was busy but not as emotionally draining as other days. My eating was okay, not perfectly core but not bad either. I am going to go amend my menu in a minute. DH is at work and I am going to try to catch up on my "home blessing." Boy does it need it! But I'm sure I'll be around here tonight too. Talk to you guys later.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:22 PM   #37  

Oh, a note on that Cold Stone 4 pt ice cream - DON'T let it melt, then re-freeze it all night, and try to eat it the next day. Blech! I bet it's only good fresh.

Angela
Old 06-27-2005, 07:00 PM   #38  
Melissa

Sandra, I meant to tell you that I tried the pudding pie stuff, and everyone liked it. Wait, did I already say that? I think I might have. The mind is already going. Anyway I think the next time I make it I might do it with chocolate pudding and use less sour cream. I could specifically taste the sour cream and I don't like that. But it was a really good sweet treat. Also, I was wondering what you thought about trying to get to the 180's by next week? (July 7) That's doable isn't it? If we set a goal, maybe we'll be more determined! What do you think?
Old 06-27-2005, 07:10 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

melissa, i think mini goals is fantastic!!! okay, when are we going to the 180's? you set the date. i'm ready. i may have to cut down on my wpa's (is it wpa or wap? i can't remember.) i am making cornpones differently right now. i am baking them in my muffin top pan @ 400* for 20 minutes. that's how i cook those muffin tops i make. i'm anxious to see how they come out. i've always griddled them or baked them in that polenta pie. i'm having these tonight with kathy's 5 can soup.

i didn't taste the sour cream. i added about 1/2 cup granular splenda. i think that may have taken care of that. did i forget to post about the splenda? i'll go check. if i did, i apologize.

oh i just saw where you posted july 7th. that's a good date. that will also help us through the 4th activities. okay, july 7th--we'll be in the 180's. that is unless we get there earlier. wouldn't that be something?
Old 06-27-2005, 07:13 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

melissa, i had posted the splenda with the rest of the recipe. maybe i just mentally blocked out that sour cream taste or something. let me know if reducing the amt of sc helps.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:17 PM   #41  
Melissa

Sandra, I completely forgot the splenda!!!! No wonder!!! I can't believe it was good at all! But everyone said they liked it. I can't believe that I did that! You posted it. I was walking back and forth from the computer to the kitchen and just totally left it out. Oh well.
Ok, so we are set!! July 7th!! Yippee!! That helps I think. We are the same weight and have the same w/i day, so its great!! Yeah!
Old 06-27-2005, 07:21 PM   #42  
Closed

Thumbs up

The Swiss Miss drink (with banana) gets a BiG - very, very good....and it sure hit the spot...and I got my fruit in Thanks Vickie.. I had to count 1 pt, because I only have the FF, can't find the FF/SF here for some reason.........BUT..... on that note.......Core desserts..... that is what will keep me
As long as I can have that 'sweet' thing I can be successful....Guess I just have to 'take the time' to do it....as simple as that was, sometimes, I just can't be bothered. Opening up a Pint of Ice Cream.......no effort there
Ok.....I am not going to finish the rest as what I have had so far has me feeling like I am at a 5 in Core Talk!! So in the sink the rest goes..........
I had a real good day today!!

Last edited by L.J; 06-27-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:22 PM   #43  

I just realized something: I now weigh less than it says on my driver's license. I think you should be able to get out of a traffic ticket free for that, don't you? Actually, I've never gotten a traffic ticket, but it ought to be worth something.

You all are driving me crazy with the ice cream/smoothie talk. I may need to pick up some supplies. My office is also really hot this time of day.

Good luck with the mini-goals. I think my end-of-summer goal is helping.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:17 PM   #44  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm excited. yep, we have the same weight, the same wi day. our big difference is i'm over twice your age (but who's counting?) we are going to get to the 180's!!!!!! i'm more excited than i've been in a long time. aren't you? okay, it's time to get busy. i need to come up with some kind of exercise i can do with my old tootsies.

linda, you're making fantastic choices. (i tried to post some cheerleaders here for you but it didn't compute.) have you tried making milkshakes (or smoothies using sf/ff pudding mix? i think it's 2 tablespoons for one smoothie. you use the mix, 1 c ff milk, some splenda and some frozen fruit. it would be core.

cher, what a great accomplishment! i don't know if i've ever weighed less than it says on my driver's license. now that's something, girl.

it's after 6 pm here. i'm full from dinner. i had the 5 can soup and cornpones (prob too many of them but the whole recipe was just 1/2 cup cornmeal so i don't think it's too bad. anyway, i'm stuffed. i doubt i'll eat anything else today cuz i'm stopping my intake by 7 pm.

i'm off here to figure out something to do for exercise. i'm thinking of "sort of" dancing to an elvis cd while i'm on the trampoline. that should shake me up some. i'll do this if it doesn't hurt my tootsies.

have a good evening. i'll catch you later
Old 06-27-2005, 08:25 PM   #45  

Height: 5'7"

Hey Linda ... I always thought I wasn't finding the right FF/SF Swiss Miss either ... but then I saw that it was only marked FF on the box. The SF came when I saw the Splenda logo. Maybe you can look for that?? Good luck!!

I'm home from work (well, it's about time!) and am baking potatoes in the oven. Dinner might not even be until 8:30 but oh well! We'll be up late watching the Rangers or something. And hey ... ... I might even sleep downstairs tonight!

So his shopping trip turned out halfway successful, but he forgot onions and tomatoes and my WW carrot cakes. I went to Walmart and got the cakes and can wait on the onions and tomatoes. I tried to be encouraging so he won't give up on the grocery shopping. He loves spending money so sending him to the store is actually a good thing! At least I'm not sending him to Home Depot!

Well, I went by the gym today and told them I needed some big-time help. The manager took me in her office and we talked for a while. She said they can't help me unless I go (and when I said "well, could you come by my house and pick me up?" she was not amused). We decided on three days a week to start, and mostly cardio. I'm going tomorrow night, and will also try for Thursday night (7:00 beginning step class) and Saturday morning. If I find that three days can become a habit, I'll bump it up to four days.

So DH was at the store and found some burritos that he thought would be good for lunch. At least he's trying!! 240 calories / 1 gram fat / 7 grams fiber. I didn't want to drag him down with statistics, but instead told him that he could occasionally have this type of thing. If he gets into it and starts to show progress, I might introduce him to the WPAs and APs, etc. For now though, I told him to eat the things on the list I gave him and nothing else!!

Last edited by Katpo; 06-27-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Closed Thread