Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:36 AM   #91  

Height: 5'7"

Those monkeys will get you every time! They have great aim!!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:43 AM   #92  

Hey, if they're throwing Cheetos, send the monkeys to my house!

Angela
Old 06-03-2005, 11:51 AM   #93  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Are they the baked cheetos? or the regular kind? I finished off the baked cheetos last night so could use a few more? (so how hard do they throw? Hope it doesn't hurt too much )
Old 06-03-2005, 01:33 PM   #94  
focused and aiming

anna, i think i've been calling you caroline here. i'm sort of old. please forgive my confusion. as to the polenta cakes, did you stir the cornmeal (i use a whisk) into the boiling water till it was smooth. maybe letting it cool before griddling will help. i spray the griddle and also my spatula with butter flavored pam. i use the spatula to mash them fairly thin. plus, i spray them with the pam during cooking. be sure to use salt. they're bland without it. also, make sure your griddle is hot before you put them on it. i griddle mine on the highest setting 400*. let us know if this helps.

vickie, i'm still basking in your weightloss, too. i am soooo happy for you.

angela, i'm going to watch phantom of the opera again. i just have to wait for a day when dh is gone with a buddy. i don't think he can take another time through it. you know how men are. i'm glad you enjoyed it. i've been hearing the songs in my head ever since we watched it wednesday night. what a beautiful love story! you sort of tune out the fact that he's a murderer, don't you? he's too romantic to be a killer.

frouf, what a wonderful week you're having! don't worry about wi. you're doing great considering all you have going right now.

kathy, you sound like a woman with power to conquer (sp?). stocking up on core goodies is going to give you the ammunition you need for this battle. your spirits sound better, too. now go get'em. i've never been to the arlington center. sounds like a good place. i may go there next time we're in the area.

terry, shooting is the perfect term. thank you for the encouragement. this is another week of practice. the state championship is june 11-12.

got to go. dh is at the door--again!!! it's time to practice. i'll be back later.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:33 PM   #95  
Southside White Sox Fan

Happy afternoon! Just back from shopping and PT. I went back to get an adjustment on my charge for two items that they didn't take 25% off of and ended up buying another top. So much for my frugalness!!!!

Angela, it does sound like you had a great day. You and Sandra make Phantom sound great. I'll have to rent it. Speaking of rentals, Jim tells me that one of my favorite TV shows is to be released on DVD. I just might have to put this one on my Christmas list. There aren't many I want to own but this one fits the bill. It's Lois and Clark with Dean Cain and Terry Hatcher....sigh....I was so sad when it went off the air. I love Superman!

Sandra, do you practice everyday? You must have the upper body strength that I sorely (no pun intended) lack.

Thanks for the support, Terry. It is dreary here in Chicago isn't it? This is the second day of no sun and none is promised for the next couple of days. The weather must be making you more tired. My family is very supportive of my program. Maybe yours will surprise you this time?

Thanks for the kudos, Cher. Isn't it great how we all take turns helping each other out when we need it? You're doing great and I'm sure your weigh in tomorrow will be as good as you hope.

Frouf, you are too sweet. Thanks for my banner! Sounds like you must be exhausted. Hope things settle down for you soon. Enjoy the theater and your GF and your lovely Core dinner. I'll bet you'll dump that last pound tomorrow (and maybe more!). You will probably reap the benefits of resisting the food at the recital and not eating before you went to bed. Can't wait to hear how you do.

Jim went to run a few errands and I'm supposed to be straightening up so I can cook my cornmeal chicken. Don't tell him I was here! I bought some California cherries on sale for 1.99 a pound at my Dominicks this week and they are outstanding. So sweet and juicy. Terry, you should go get some! I can't believe I'm talking about cherries in such fond terms that I normally reserve for things like um I don't know...chocolate! Maybe one can change their lifestyle habits.

Talk with you all later.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:43 PM   #96  

LOL! Vickie ... cherries are definitely something to speak fondly of! And I will NOT tell Jim that you were on. Some things just don't need to be discussed with the husbands.

I just finished sweeping dog hair off of the tile, and am about to go find some food. My parents will be here for a few hours this evening, then go spend the night with my brother. I got a haircut today and it is short and swingy and just too cute. I needed a lifting of the spirits. And hey, maybe it'll even be a few ounces off of tomorrow morning's weigh-in!!

Back later!
Old 06-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #97  
Closed

Default Weighed IN today

Hey all......been really crazy here for me....haven't been able to get on.....and forget about trying to at work....
Anyway I w/i today - STS (stayed the same) but that's cool.. I'll just carry on.
VICKIE I just want to say CONGRATS GIRL!!! YOU ROCK
I know you are so proud of your efforts and rightfully so.....you are SUCH an inspiration....NEVER EVER GIVING UP!!!! Always running the Sprint NEVER the Marathon......you're awesome!!

There seems to be pages and pages of posts once again...That's the draw back of not being able to get here as often as the rest of you, but I sure don't want to be out of the loop.

A HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ANGELA Hope it was ALL you wanted it to be and deserved
You did pretty darn good over your mini vacation...YOU too should be so proud.....Have you added any of the extra WPA they suggest....that's can be scary, but you are doing so well I think you'll do great

Cher, Melissa and Lisa how did w/i go for you?? I sure hope well,if not we just keep on keeping on!!
Kat - trying Core for the week. Good!! Hard sometimes to go back to points once you do the Core thing... Hope W/I goes well for you too.
Terry I am still in the process of wanting to make the polenta...it just sounds so good. As do those meatballs. Next will be the Crusty Chicken with Cornmeal. Core food does sound so good doesn't it.

Had a bad day today, and will continue the cycle this evening .What the Frank already called and I whined a bit and so he'll be bringing sandwiches in from the Store and.....oh yeaaah.....dessert!!! YUM!! Dove Ice Cream.....Vanilla with a Chocolate Soul......which is too dee-lish! what the heck I weighed in already, right....I know, that's the wrong attitude, but it's what I'm doing and I am confessing up front....Confession is good for the Soul
I can't answer to all the posts, haven't read all the pages I missed the past two days (so many) ......I just hope everyone is well....that we are all are working it most of the time and success for the rest of our week, till our next w/i!!
Have a good Friday evening out there....Ciao for Now.....Linda

Last edited by L.J; 06-03-2005 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:26 PM   #98  

Linda, I was wondering where you were!!!

Well I'm done eating for the evening. I've had my 8 beers in preparation for a visit from my parents (a whole long story) and the chicken crispers from Chilis. If I have managed to not gain by tomorrow morning's weigh-in, I will consider it a big miracle. Anytime my mom is involved, you know there's going to be stress eating. If I were around her all the time, I would either weigh 500 pounds or be dead. Yes, it's that bad. My dad is very quiet, probably because (according to my mom) everything he says is either stupid or wrong ... much like when I was growing up! ... but she on the other hand is bitter, hateful, gossipy, judgmental and basically what gives so-called Christians a bad name. Well, enough of that!

I'm hoping to turn a corner tomorrow after my weigh-in. I have all the foods that I need to maintain a Core diet. Mainly that will be corn on the cob and pinto beans -- my comfort foods -- until I get over the weekend.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:55 PM   #99  

Hi, Linda. I have weigh-in first thing tomorrow and am keeping my fingers crossed. The scale has been bobbing around a bit this week. Don't worry too much, sometimes you just need a little break. I had a big ol' soft serve ice cream cone when we went on ds's zoo reward trip a couple of weeks ago and I didn't even bother trying to find out how many points it was.

Sorry about your mom, Kathy. Just smile and nod and compose lovely Core menus in your head. Maybe that will help.

Dd actually picked something reasonably Core-able for her birthday dinner tonight. We're having steak for the main course and I may do some garlic mashed potatoes, since I haven't had my once-a-day thing yet. I got some really good olive oil rosemary bread that the kids love, too, but I think I'll save that for next week's points.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #100  
focused and aiming

kathy, when we're in your area, we practice at an archery shop on poly webb just off the green oaks exit. small world, eh? tonight will be over soon. sounds like your family events are a lot like ours. hang in there.

vickie, i practice about 5 days a week. (sometimes more if there's a big tournament coming up. i don't pull a heavy draw weight because i have to draw too many times in target competition. i'm drawing about 40 lbs. we have the state outdoor championship coming up june 11-12 so we're doing a lot of practicing right now. we'll be shooting 20-65 yds at that tournament. should be fun. my goal for this tournament is to set a new state record for women over 55.

vickie, have you tried ranier cherries? ranier and sort of gold and red. we have some in the fridge now.

kathy, i'll bet your new do is "sassy." i can tell your spirits are perkier. way to go, girl!

linda, congratulations on "turtling." (that's what they call staying the same at the tops meetings. and we applaud the folks who turtle because that's an accomplishment in itself.) i hope you have a better day tomorrow. enjoy your weekend.

cher, enjoy the birthday dinner tonight. the bread sounds yummy.

i don't know yet what's for dinner. i'm thinking maybe another 3 pt pizza. they are quick and easy and i'm a little tired of cornpones. maybe tomorrow mornin' i'll be pon'in again.

have a good evening. i'll be back later.

Last edited by notnew2this; 06-03-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:30 PM   #101  
Melissa

Cher, Thank you so much for caring about my dinner event. I am hopeful that we will hear good news soon. for w/i tomorrow. What a great feeling to be under 150, I can't imagine!

Terry, You are so funny! Look out for those flying cheetos! Hope you have a good weekend with your family (even though they will be asking why you aren't eating anything!).

Linda, I hope that the rest of the weekend goes better for you! Glad to see you back around here. And congrats for your w/i...I think anytime there's no gain, there's a cause for celebration.

Kathy, I'm so sorry that your mom's visit is such a stressful time for you. I will be sending good thoughts your way. : I wish we could all come down and visit with you all. Wouldn't that be interesting? Like Vickie's idea of us all at a WW meeting. I can't imagine the chaos.

Sandra, you stay busy don't you! It sounds like you are always cooking yummy core treats. Anytime you want to come and cook for me....

Angela, I'm glad that you had a good birthday. Your self-control is really amazing to me.

Frouf, hope you have fun with your gf. And congrats on your self-control at the recital!

Well chicks I had kind of a bad eating day today. I don't know if last night threw me off or what. DH is leading the worship on Sunday at this church so we are hoping that we might hear something next week?? The associate pastor walked us out and seemed to allude to the fact that Aaron would probably be hired?? So we are keeping our fingers crossed. DH gave his notice at Target so he only has a couple of nights left (thank goodness) but they have now offered him a daytime position to try to keep him. So he doesn't know what to do since he doesn't know if the church is going to hire him...anyway I guess that's way more than you guys wanted to hear about that!
Going to go surf some more 3fc and then I might take a nap with DH, who has to work tonight.

Last edited by septembersgoal; 06-03-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:33 PM   #102  

Melissa, I hope your dh gets the job!

Dh brought me home my birthday present today: the complete 2nd season of Survivor on DVD! I'm so excited! I wish I could start watching tonight, but we have babysitting co-op again tonight, and the TV is busy with Nintendo all night. Darn.

Oh well. I wish I had a treadmill so I could watch it and exercise at the same time like Vickie does.

In other news, we have turnips, radishes, peas, beans, onions and a few other assorted seedlings sprouting up in our garden. Yippee! I love fresh garden produce. It'll be nice to not have to spend quite so much on produce at the grocery store this summer. I'm hoping to have a big crop of tomatoes so I can can a lot for the winter. And I want to can some grape juice from our grapevine too. I wish there was a good way to preserve peppers.

Anyway, I'm just rambling now - chaos is exploding around me. 5 kids have decided to chase my cats around trying to trap them under a cardboard box. The others are playing Nintendo, computer games, and eating Cheerios at the table. Whee! You never know what you're going to get on these babysitting nights, but being able to have a guaranteed babysitter twice a month is SO worth it.

Better go rescue the cat...

Angela
Old 06-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #103  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I just stuffed myself (I mean ate till I was satisfied!) with Core Cornmeal Chicken. It was deeeeeelicious! I just thought I'd pop in and see what's up before I go put my jammies on to relax and watch the White Sox and look at cookbooks.

Kathy, I REALLY need a new cut. Jim wants it to stay close to shoulder length. It's all one length in the back. I really need some layers but my hair is poker straight and fine even with all the years of coloring. I could use some sassy but I don't want my face to look huge or to look like I have a pin head on a big body! Haircuts are scarey to me. Sorry your Mom is coming. I remember how stressed she makes you from your last trip to see her around Mothers Day. How could your Mom be so opposite of you? Well, tomorrow is another day and you'll have your weigh in and a clean slate. I believe Core will be good to you.

Thanks Linda! It's always good to hear from you. Did you know that Dove Ice Cream originated on the South Side of Chicago? My Niece worked in the shop where they made the original Dove Bars. They used to be hand cut from a brick of ice cream and then hand dipped in chocolate. I used to love to be at my Sister's house when my Niece was working at Dove because sometimes ice cream bars would come home that had accidentially been dipped a few extra times! I'm probably still wearing a couple of those pounds! I hope you enjoyed your meal AND your dessert. Everyone splurges now and again. You stayed the same this week and you too have a clean slate. Don't forget my experience.....sometimes Core takes a couple of weeks to show the losses, so be patient.

Cher, I've fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you. I think I feel a big loss coming! Have a great dinner.

Sandra, I've never tried Ranier cherries. Are they sweet? I'm just learning about all this fruit stuff. There was a time that I went weeks without eating a piece of fruit or any veggies.

Melissa, you just gotta love a girl that knows the correct usage of the word "hopeful". If I were DH, I'd take the days at Target and hope that he gets the Church job in the meantime. Has the church given him any idea when they will decide? It seems a little mean to keep him wondering so long. Or, is that normal? Enjoy your nap. I might have one too. I'm sure I'll wake up in time for my snack!

Have a great evening!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #104  
Closed

Lisa...Good luck.....Melissa welcome to the BAD eating day....God know I had one bad one and it isn't over till I eat my Ice Cream....then (again) back to business.
I often wonder why I can be so good and then for one or two days....I lose all control. This is not good. Staying the same is nice but not good. I have more than the same 2 pounds to lose....well once again my intentions are good.

Melissa I truely hope Aaron lands this job....I am praying for ya! Hang in there, and hope you enjoyed your siesta :-) Also glad the dinner event went well for you. Prayer works wonders ya know....so you have mine and I am sure everyone elses'

Kat, you'll do fine with Core, you eat that way anyway...and I never 'hear' you ever mention your love of sweets....I envy that.....oh well maybe a jelly bean or three :-)
So you'll do great....
I am sorry that your Mom gets you to that point. Hang in there and be your sweet self and try not to stress.....thinking of you.

Frouf you go with your self control at the recital?? Good luck at weigh in.....I hope you lose that remaining 1 lb of those 3. If not, like the rest of us, you pick yourself up an start all over.....but if so.....CONGRATS!!

Sandra are those 3 pts pizza those "Heavenly" ones I have read about??

Vickie hope you are still revealing in your 40 (wow) lb chick.... whoooohooooo

Till tomorrow Chick................Linda
Old 06-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #105  

HEY EVERYONE!!!
I need some cheetos thrown my way!!!
Im having a yuck kind of day. I think i'm getting sick. my throat feels so swollen, but it doesnt hurt or atleast not yet. I jumped jumped on the scale to peak and I havent lost any this week. I have stayed on core all week drank atleast 80oz of water a day this week. Im hoping TOM is the one at fault. I will just have to wait until monday when I officially weigh in.
Kathy sorry about your mom driving you crazy. Dont worry about the beer. You had one for all of us. Thank You!!!!!
Frouf enjoy your company and show.
Congrats Vickie...
Someone please send light thoughts my way so maybe I can loose something this week. I will be happy with even a pound.
Cher it's staying the same weight does beat gaining a pound.
Angela, hope your birthday was a blast. I cant wait until mine next Sunday.
Sandra, that's exactly what I did. Maybe it wasnt hot enough since I was using a pan instead of our griddle. Can you bake them? I will try again, even though they were under cooked. The part that did cook was yummy I cant wait to use them for dips.
Closed Thread