3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > Simply Filling/Core

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 10:09 AM   #31

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Good morning everyone!

Just when I thought maybe I was down a pound or a pound and a half; the old PMS monster is creeping in. Bloated, sore boobs, cranky, chocolate cravings.........and the stupid TOM isn't even due until the 13th or so. Must I put up with this for another 10+ days??? Plus the fact that I haven't slept good the last couple of days. Off to Walmart to stock up on food and drugs..........mainly some Tylenol PM and Midol. Was really trying to be good this last week, now feel like an elephant. Supposed to go for a mammogram too, but seems as thought there are only a few choice days during the month where the boobs aren't already sore..................UGH.......

Be back after my Walmart trip.

Lisa
Old 06-01-2005, 10:44 AM   #32
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, I'm the first one here today! Happy Wednesday. I have to weigh in tomorrow and the scale is up today almost 2 pounds. Oh well. Guess I won't worry about it until it's up that much before I leave tomorrow night to weigh in. I have a semi-busy day. Have PT again this afternoon. My pool is open and I don't know what the temperature is yet. I'm guessing about 67 degrees so we won't be swimming for a while. Can't wait to get that extra fun exercise!

Angela, hope you're having a great time. Everyone else, enjoy your Wednesday and I'll be back later! Gotta treadmill and eat breakfast.

Last edited by Vickie; 06-01-2005 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:50 AM   #33
Athlete in Training

Hi all,

I had a happy surprise at WI, minus 3, so I'm feeling really good. I thought I went over my WPA (I don't keep a very good count), but I guess it was okay because of APs.

Kiss, I'm between sizes, so everything is either too big or too tight for me too. I'm wearing size 18W pants today (I started in 24s). They're a little tight in the belly area, but I've got a longer blazer over them, so the snugness is my secret. It is just so nice to be able to wear some smaller clothes, even though I probably should lose another 5 pounds or so to make them fit right!

IT'S JUNE!! I'm so psyched that summer is here! The new work hours are a little hard to get used to (I start at 7:30), but it's nice to get out of here early enough to get something done on the weeknights (or take a nap!).

I second the wise Froufster regarding going out for lunch. There is such a difference! I used to eat at my desk and keep working -- lately I've been out walking in the woods for 30 minutes. I feel so much better.

The homemade granola sounds too good. Not a red light food, but a flashing red light with a siren. I'd better stick to my latest yummy binge food -- fresh pineapple. I think I managed to get three or four servings out of an entire pineapple. I just can't stop eating it.

Lisa, are you celebrating the wonders of being a woman? Sounds like you are having one heck of a case of PMS. Have you tried any of the chocolate shakes or smoothies I've heard discussed on this board? I've never tried them, but I'm thinking that a big chocolate shake-like thing would work well for that special time.

Melissa, cereal and pickle, hmmm?

Vickie -- hope your tummy problem was just temporary and you're all better now.

Kathy, Linda, Deborah, and everyone else -- have a great June start!

Peace.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:51 AM   #34
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh, Hi Lisa! We were posting at the same time. Sorry you feel bad. I hate the TOM monster. Although, I never got mine last month. I just spent 3 weeks feeling bloated and nasty and having cravings. Wait until you get as old as me. Something to look forward to! I did Walmart yesterday to the tune of $68. They do have great prices though. I try to go about once a month. I had to go yesterday because my coupons were expiring on May 31st. I'm a SUCH a frugal shopper. I'll spend $25 on a filet mignon on a Thursday night but then drive myself crazy cutting out .50 coupons. I guess that's how I can afford the filet mignon once in a while. Comparison shopping and coupons are a hobby of mine. I keep a list of the things that I buy at Walmart and Sam's Club and how much they cost. Then when other stores have sales, I know whether or not they are better than the Walmart/Sam's prices. Then, of course, I take into account that my grocery stores accept expired coupons. Gotta factor that in too. Believe me, I couldn't do this when I was working. It has really become a retirement pastime!

Walmart has some great deals on Core foods. I don't have a super Walmart with the full grocery store, darn! But, I buy my instant brown rice, spices, some canned tomatoes, and all of my beans there. Can you tell that I get into this stuff? Enjoy your trip.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:56 AM   #35
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Terry! So you and I were posting at the same time too! Thanks for asking about my stomach. It's still funny but not as bad as last night. But let's talk about the really fabulous news.....you're down another 3 pounds....OMG Congratulations! You are doing so great that you are making me terribly ashamed of myself. I think I need to try harder. I just can't bear the thought of doing more exercise, except for the pool. So have you really gone down almost 3 sizes? Amazing and thrilling and wonderful. Great for you. Any words of wisdom for your friends?
Old 06-01-2005, 12:24 PM   #36

Height: 5'7"

Well I'm here and not a happy camper either. I am just so dazed and confused these days -- I think it's because of my new medicine. I still have my vivid dreams and am starting to have a difficult time distinguishing between dreams and what's real. My aunt called last night and said she had a message from me over the weekend. I said "I called you about three weeks ago" and she said "No, it was over the weekend." I definitely don't remember calling her that recently, but thought I did a while back and was wondering why she hadn't called me back ... guess not.

I slept upstairs last night, well okay I laid in the upstairs bed last night. Not much sleep due to being hot and then cold and then sore and then it rained and thundered and then the dog was woofing at something out the window and then the little one got under me and then I got hot and then cold again ... and on and on it goes. What a night!

I got to work about an hour late, am not hungry for breakfast whatsoever, but I guess I'll drink my milk at least and maybe have a WW carrot cake. I think I'd rather be chunky right now, it'll align nicely with my sour mood. Something better give before Saturday morning! They'll kick me out of the meeting! This morning's weight, empty and nekkid, was 153. Must have been that hot dog I ate last night.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:49 PM   #37
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Kathy - poor you - sounds like you had a pretty crappy night and lack of sleep always affects me negatively too! Hope you can hang in there til you get home - maybe a nap is in order? I would also think you might want to call your dr to discuss your reaction to the meds? Maybe an adjustment or switch might help you out.

Vickie - glad to hear your tummy is somewhat better! As for frugal shopping - you are the QUEEN. I would love to be as "careful" - I am somewhat cautious as I do read the flyers on sat am and choose where to buy what depending on the sales - but frankly due to time constraints and being so busy I don't always have the time or inclination to do really good comparison shopping - good for you!

Terry - CONGRATULATIONS to you - what a great loss this week. You will soon need to get even smaller clothes as the size 18s start to slip off of you!

What can I say Melissa? At least you found a "suitable snack" to fill you up? Of course not my preferred choice - ha ha ha.

Lisa - sorry to hear you are under the spell of the PMS beast! Hope you can hang in there - get your meds and find a suitable "snack" - the chocolate smoothies suggested sound like a great idea!

Cleaning lady should be at my filthy house right now trying to make it look right! YIPPEEEEEE!!!! Can't wait (I even stripped all the bathroom mats/towels, etc and threw them in the wash before I left for work and can't wait to put them back all nice and clean and fluffy on the clean floors!). The question is how long will it last? or better yet - how much of a drill sergeant do I have to be to ensure no one MESSES THE PLACE UP!

I am about to don the runners and try and move my fluffy body outside a bit - but it is supposed to be quite warm today (27C = 85F) and tomorrow even hotter at 30C = 90F!!! (definitely not walking tomorrow). I will see how I do today but if I feel like I'm going to expire I won't stay out too long!

Leaving work at 2:30 for dr appt to check blood pressure - it has been borderline high for a few months but I am truly trying to avoid medications. Hoping the weight loss helps! I have been monitoring my bp at the drugstore machines and it looks okay to me - but it always seems worse at dr's office (I think she needs new equipment - ha ha ha).

Will let you know what happens!

Ciao chickies!

Frouf

20 LBS OFF BY CRUISE TIME - January 21, 2012!!

Last edited by Froufy; 06-01-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:24 PM   #38

Hi everyone:

Congratulations on your great loss, Terry!

Good luck at the doctor's, Froufy. I'll bet you do see a difference. I know several people at my WW meeting have said that they were able to quit or reduce various medications they were taking.

I did get my 45 minute walk in this morning and I hope I can keep it up. That's what I was doing when I lost weight on my own before, and I wasn't even really watching my diet much then.

I was up a bit this morning, but I'm pretty sure most of it will go away. I was evil yesterday afternoon and had a snack that pretty much guaranteed that I would be a sponge: Popcorn and pickles! Deadly combination, but I love it. It reminds me of a restaurant we used to go to when I was a kid. Instead of bread, they would put a big bowl of popcorn and a crock of huge, garlicky pickles on the table. Can't do that everyday, but it was fun.

I'm glad it was only a brief bug, Vickie. And Kathy, I'd be a bit concerned about the meds, too. Maybe the dose needs adjusting?
Old 06-01-2005, 02:08 PM   #39
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well I'm back from my walk- barely alive and quite "glowing". @#$#@@ hot out there - after first 15 minutes in hot sun, no shade - I was feeling the heat - crossed the street to get some intermittent shade, and I actually stopped at the local grocery store (wow what great airconditioning they have ) and picked up some sugar free frozen delmonte real fruit bars!!! and hauled them back to work and stashed them in the freezer here (why didn't I think of this before?)

So I guess I put in around 30 mins walking with a break at the store. Now desperately trying to cool off, and drinking lots of water. The worse was eating a hot lunch (hamburger, couscous w/veggies) when I was feeling so warm - a cool salad or something like that would have been much better.

I will now dig into my strawberries and REALLY LOOKING forward to one of those sf frozen fruit bars - hope they are yummy and refreshing.

Just realized I forgot when I left the house about dr's appt - usually bring my library book w/me to read as it's generally a long wait - I might splurge and buy a magazine to read instead of reading the ancient volumes in dr's waiting room. Will also bring water bottle and grapes for munching just in case!

Cher - good work on getting your walk in - how's your weather? Popcorn and pickles - great combination but I agree the salt would do me in too! I love both popcorn and dill pickles but have never had them together!

Later,

Frouf

20 LBS OFF BY CRUISE TIME - January 21, 2012!!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:15 PM   #40

I'm in San Diego, on the coast, so it's usually pretty mild. We consider 80F to be a heat wave here. Now, a few miles inland, it's a different story. I also walk first thing in the morning partly because it's cooler. I really don't deal with heat very well--I think I was born without enough sweat glands or something.

Good for you for walking despite the heat. Enjoy your frozen treats.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #41
focused and aiming

kiss, kasha is buckwheat. it's a grain not a cereal. do you have any da vinci sf syrups? if so, why don't you try that recipe i posted. it's super simple and sweet.

vickie, i see how this granola could be a red light. so far, i'm controlling myself. i'm using it for baking muffin tops and stirring some into sf/ff pudding. it fakes me into thinking i'm eating nuts. i'm not allowing myself to eat it by itself. i haven't even had it as cereal yet but may try that soon. now i just need to see if i can still lose and eat this. i hope you're feeling better soon.

lisa, if it makes you feel any betters, after you go through the change and don't have tom any more, you'll forget all about how it used to be.

terry, congratulations on losing 3 lbs. that's awesome!!!

vickie, we have the older walmart close to where we live and the super wally on the other side of town. i'm sort of lazy about driving over there, but i go to the old one a lot. i need to go just once a month. we get all our toilet paper and paper towels there. that saves us a lot of $$ except that i usually fill my basket with other goodies that we don't really need. i'm a compulsive eater and compulsive shopper. good thing i'm not into alcohol, right?

good morning, kathy. i hope you're in better spirits now. what medicine are you taking? have you talked with your doctor about any side effects? sure wish i weighed 153. congratulations to you. you've worked hard to get off those extra pounds. i'm proud of you.

frouf, here's hoping you get a good report on your blood pressure. wish i could go out and work in the yard today, but it's raining here. dh and i may drive up to wild horse plains, montana today. (what a name, right?) there's a new archery shop there and we need to see it. we're nosey.

cher, one of my favorite desserts is chocolate cake and dill pickles. you and i need to share pickle ideas. kudos to you for walking 45 minutes. dh and i did some of our archery coaches' training at the olympic center at chula vista. we had a great time there. you live in a gorgeous area.

got to go. i'm cooking sweet and sour meatballs for lunch. they should be about done. now i need to get the veggies ready. i'm thinking lettuce/tomato salad. this reminds me--i need to go post today's menu. see ya later, girls.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #42

Height: 5'7"

This medicine is InnoPran for blood pressure. I also take Zocor, a daily aspirin, and hormone pill. I'm not sure which one is messing with me.

I'm leaving work, going home and will sit in front of the TV until I feel better. I probably won't even turn on the computer, so I'll see you all tomorrow.

Terry, congrats on that awesome loss! What a great feeling!!

I was also going to say, if it wasn't for Walmart my family would go hungry. We have a Neighborhood Market down the street, and it's the only place I buy groceries. It's small, easy to get in and out of, lots of good parking, and has Walmart food but no tires and swingsets. I can hardly stand to go to the big one anymore because you have to go from one side for shampoo and medicines to the middle for cleaning products to the other side for food. Lots of walking, which I need -- but big stores creep me out for some reason. I'd rather not go.

Okay, taking my crazy self home now. Everybody have a good day.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #43

Back from WalMart and Burger King.....oops! Just had a cheeseburger and a diet coke. I did buy some WW carot cakes for my sweet tooth.

Congrats on that 3lb.loss Terry! That's terrific! ! Keep up the good work.

I took my blood pressure while at WalMart. I think their machine is pretty acurate. My pressure has always been pretty good. Usually 110/70, but was 102/58 when I was pregnant. Today it was 116/61. I hope I never get high blood pressure. My DH is 40 and has been on BP medicine for about 7 yrs. Still not as low as mine.

Made my Disney reservations yesterday. We are going in November. I got airfare direct from Hbg. to Sanford for $79 one way. I don't think I could have found it any cheaper. Kids are really excited they have never been there.

BBL - must make vet appt. for the cat - he needs shots before we kennel him.

Lisa
Old 06-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #44

I am trying to change up my exercise, so I just did a workout from On Demand. It was called combo toning. 15 min. of arms with weights, 10 minutes of legs, and 10minutes of butt. Lots of squats and Plie's (sp) ! !! So now that my legs feel like jello and I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow., does that get me 2 more points?

Lisa
Old 06-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #45
Athlete in Training

Hi all,

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. This board is THE place to go for support.

With the summer warmth coming on, I've switched my running to after work. I can leave at 4:30; hopefully it starts to cool down a bit by then. If not, at least I can haul my sweaty body home instead of back to the office.

My dog had surgery today for her ears (she suddenly had trouble hearing) and she got her teeth cleaned. Shilo is about 14 years old, so I get nervous when she has to be anesthetized. According to my DH, she's groggy but okay. I don't know yet if they were able to correct the hearing problem.

Well I should start wrapping up here. Have a great evening. See ya tomorrow.