3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > Simply Filling/Core

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 06:36 PM   #286
Southside White Sox Fan

Sorry...I guess I did go on, didn't I! So much happened since the last time I was on.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:51 PM   #287

Well, I checked the place a few minutes ago when I dropped off some groceries. There were still a couple of flies in the bathroom, but they looked pretty bored.

I'm not much for pedicures and stuff, but the foot massage sound wonderful. Are there any spas where you can go and just take a nap in a comfy chair? I read somewhere that there are napping parlors in New York where the movers and shakers can pay to go take a 20-minute power nap.

Fried rice sounds good, but it may have to wait. I already had potatoes today and we're doing a picnic tomorrow, I think. Maybe on Saturday.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:31 PM   #288
Melissa

Just thought I'd let you all know about Fazoli's, like you care.
I had the ww penne w/spicy marinara and grilled chicken. Really good!! BUT the sauce was SO hot that it burned my mouth! It had a great taste but it was actually painful. I won't be getting the spicy marinara again! I recommend it.

Vickie, I didn't mean that you rambled. I was just impressed at your detailed responses to everyone!!

Cher, glad the flies are clearing out. I can't imagine paying to take a nap.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:38 PM   #289
Closed

Hey all....it's been a few days and many,many pages!!! This is one busy board.....Read most of it......Terry hang in there.....you are doing great!!
I just can't get here as often as the rest of you, but I try to at least read every other day. You just can't beat the support and comradary here..
I am hanging in there, you know me!! Keep on keeping on.....so that is what I am doing.
Kathy I too was down this week. June 6th was the anniversary of my brother passing away....still saddens me so. I can so relate to everything you said about how you are feeling. But a few post later you sounded better :
We were out last week with new found friends, where they had a singer and he sang a song that my brother loved....and I LOST it in front of everyone....I was embarrassed as I don't know everyone all that well, but it's amazing how a song can bring it all back......
Enoug said!!

I have yet to try the crispy chicken but with each post it sounds better and better.....I admire all the cooking all of you do. Not that I can't - just hate to
Melissa what's the "good" word on Aaron?? I have used the Unlce Ben's brown rice (core) simple and easy - so why not add broth to that...

I am hoping for a little bit better day tomorrow...I have no real personal challenge except to try and get out there and walk, but I lost that one two days ago I guess my challenge to me is to 'remember' what Vickie always says......stay with it for at least a month.....the same thing Frank echos to me....seems I am good for 4 -5 days and bam-o!! Am I the only one. I have been lucky to be turtling.....so I better watch out!!
The ole 10s's ain't what they used to be if you know what I mean. So NOW my challenge is..........ready...........to TRY and stay total core till the July 4th weekend.......gee where have I heard that before
You all are just the best and I so appreciate everything you post here, even though I always seem odd person out.
I was going to 'try' again not to journal....i-yia-yia.....but I am such a nut about 'wanting' to SEE what I consume! Am I or what.....Nope I know already I will remain journaling.....so till next time...keep on keeping on

Last edited by L.J; 06-08-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #290
Southside White Sox Fan

You CAN do it, Linda. Just keep going one meal and one day at a time!

Melissa, Fazoli's sounds wonderful and I would LOVE a spicy hot marinara. It would keep me from having to doctor it at the table with the crushed red pepper. I didn't think you meant anything negative about my post! I was kind of surprised when I saw how long it was. I didn't realize how long my post was getting until I was done. I figure people were bothered enough to write about it....I'll try to respond!

Angela, are you ok? I know you've been struggling a bit to get the hang of this maintenance stuff. If feel like we haven't heard much from you today.

Gotta go spend some time with my hubby. I have to go to bed early tonight. We're babysitting for my 4 year old and almost 2 year old Great Niece and Nephew tomorrow. We have to get up at 4:15 to be at my Niece's house by 5:30. I have errands to run after that, a foot doctor appointment and weigh in. I probably won't talk to you all until tomorrow night after weigh in. Hold light thoughts for me!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:33 PM   #291

Height: 5'7"

Many light thoughts coming your way, Vickie!

Well a while back I jumped up and said "I can't take my hair anymore" ... it's the new haircut from last Friday. I went to my stylist for a shampoo and blow dry. I tell you what, she always makes me feel like a movie star! Just too cute!! When I was leaving, I told her that when I win the lottery, she's quitting that place and coming to work for me full-time. One hour a day each morning, and then she's free to go! She said SURE!!!

After that I checked my cell phone and sure enough, DH had called to see (1) where I was and (2) what was for dinner. I told him I had gotten my hair done, but wasn't wanting to cook. Instead I went to the neighborhood Italian restaurant and got baked ziti and salad for him, and manicotti for me. I ate 1/2 of one manicotti and packaged the remainder for his lunch tomorrow.

So now if I don't cook the chicken tomorrow night, it goes in the trash. I hate to waste it but I guess I've done worse.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #292
focused and aiming

vickie, i've heard a lot about ruby tuesday but have never had a chance to go to one. i don't think there are any in the entire state of montana. oh, well, maybe some day.

melissa, it's almost wi day for us. aren't you glad we switched to friday? i am.

kathy, i have a dear friend in tyler who's a ww leader. i met her on bcb several years ago. have fun on your trip. do you have any tyler roses in your plans? do they still have the craft days at canton? was it last weekend or is it this weekend? i can't remember.

Last edited by notnew2this; 06-08-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #293

Aww, Vickie, how sweet! I'm OK, just busy with the kiddos, now that we're working in to our summer routine. I have to say though, I'm amazed at how much more time I have now that I don't have to drop off and pick up at school every day. That was always such an interruption to any large block of time. Anyway, today we went to the grocery store, and then the library to sign up for the summer reading program. Madeline (the 6 year old) is thrilled that she can read, and is so excited to win prizes for reading. It's nice - the younger ones can participate too, as they have a "read to me" part of the program too. While there, we learned about the Zoo Man coming to the library tomorrow. Guess a guy from a zoo in Minnesota comes, brings animals, and does a 30 minute show for the kids. I think we'll brave the "zoo" of people, and go tomorrow.

I had weigh-in tonight, and despite the heat, the pre-TOM junk, and my vacation, I'm down .2 pounds. I think that's a good, solid turtle, don't you? My mom is ecstatic - she finally broke into the 160's, after being stuck in the 170's for 10 weeks. We were ready to throw confetti and have a party right there at the scale.

I have the kids in bed, the dishes done and my sink is shiny, so I think I'm going to pop myself some popcorn and watch some Survivor.

Thanks for being concerned Vickie! You guys are great friends.

Angela

Old 06-08-2005, 11:48 PM   #294
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Melissa - before I forgot see if you can find some brown BASMATI rice - it is fabulous - almost addictive (I just use a bit of salt in the water and sometimes add some herbs/seasonings if I feel like it). My gf from Toronto kept asking me what I put in my brown rice and I said nothing - and she kept saying it was so good - then I finally realized that she does not usually eat brown basmati rice - she has since purchased some at home and enjoying it!

Ate too much dinner - yes it was Core, but I was bloated when I left the table as it was all so yummy - did pack up the leftovers for lunch. Went to my meeting tonight where I nibbled on fresh blueberries and drank a glass of water. Unfortunately got home too late to exercise so I am feeling bad about that. Will need to focus on this more tomorrow.

Angela - I am so jealous that your summer seems to have started! Hope the "zoo" people don't get you! Congrats to your mom for her breakthru - she must be thrilled (I sure would be!).

Vickie - sending nice light thoughts your way, and sweet dreams so you wake up refreshed and ready to face your busy day! And if crying releases toxins - well I must be as pure as the driven snow by now! Your meal at Ruby Tuesday's sounds fabulous! and you are so lucky to have so many great restaurants around that are core-friendly.

Kathy - I also love getting my hair done as I always look way better than normal ..I have a girlfriend who has her hair done every week - what a luxury! Sounds like you did great w/the manicotti.

Linda - nice to hear from you - congrats on being "down" and for dedicating yourself to core for a whole month!

Cher - don't you hate when those pesky "houseguests" overstay their welcome? Or are you arms too sore from your previous flyswatting marathon to deal with them? ha ha ha

I am trying hard now to undo some of the PMS/TOM effects and drinking more water. I finally don't feel as bloated and my rings are twirling so this is a good sign. If I can get thru the next couple of days without a major problem I should do okay. I did have a treat this afternoon as we had a meeting at the coffee shop (it's called Thanks A Latte - isn't that cute?) as all the boardrooms were booked I had a decaf lf moccacino - yes it had some chocolate in it and whipped cream but I sure felt like I was having something supremely decadent (and I was starving!). No bad aftereffects!

While it was cooler today and rainy - we're back into the very hot and humid weather again tomorrow (mid-90's) so won't be walking at lunchtime and will need to exercise somehow when I get home.

Now time for some (much needed) beauty sleep.

Frouf

20 LBS OFF BY CRUISE TIME - January 21, 2012!!
Old 06-09-2005, 01:35 AM   #295

Wow, that was alot of catching up I had to do. I think I just read about 10 pages. I have just been so depressed this week. I have been bad everyday with eating. I can also cry about everything and anything. Too bad you didnt get AP's for crying. I actually almost did when I went to Old Navy today to get an outfit for going out on my birthday and something to where to the funeral. I couldnt find my size, I swear everything was either a 12, 18, or 20. and what I could find in my size just didnt look right on me. Thomas thought I was crazy for getting so upset. I just want to snap out of the blues that i'm in. I going to go try Target in the morning and hopefully I can find something there. Im hoping that Monday I can start fresh.

ULTIMATE GOAL:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/]
Old 06-09-2005, 07:19 AM   #296
Closed

Well I am all dressed up and ready to Core today.....I even made what I consider a dee-lish dessert (very important to me) mixed plain yogurt with the 'new' cheesecake flavored sf/ff instant pudding and will put some of it over a 1/2 banana, sliced in half.....banana cheese cake! Sort-a
I DO KNOW that I STILL cannot TRUST my full/satisifed thing, so I have measured what I am having today....Have to!!

But seems like I am off to a good start......4th of July isn't far off.....geez didn't I just say that about Memorial Day!
Angela how fantastic for your Mother....does she strictly do core?? Tell her Congrats!!!
Weigh to Go!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing so great also...don't ya just love that "turtle" saying.....
Vickie good vibes coming your way for tonight !!!!
Yes Frouf you are right about the Basmati rice.....try it Melissa, you won't be sorry.
Hope things are looking up for Aaron!
I hope everyone has a good day out there today....Can't wait to get home and read the (at least) three more pages of motivation I find here all the time
Keep on keeping on, all..............

Last edited by L.J; 06-09-2005 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:59 AM   #297

Linda, yes, my Mom is doing strictly Core. She's a very all-or-nothing type of person, so when she does something, she DOES it.

akiss, sorry to hear about your depression and disappointing shopping. Isn't that the pits? I have a funny body shape (even at goal weight) and it's really hard to find clothes that work, especially one-piece things like dresses. I usually end up making my own, so I can alter the pattern. It seems like a few of us here have been in a funk lately. Boy, the spa day would help, wouldn't it?

I think I'm going to take the plunge and start Core Board #20, as this one is getting ridiculously long. So let's all move over there!

Angela

Closed Thread