Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 08:09 PM   #16  
Melissa

Hey everybody. Today has been kind of hectic! I got online a few times at work to check on you guys, but didn't have time to post. There's not too much going on with me though!

Linda, I guess I owe you an apology. I'm the one who started the thread and called it a core challenge. I never thought of it as a negative term, but rather the fact that it was a personal challenge for myself. The difference it has made in the past two days is remarkable for me. I keep thinking, I'll just do totally core for this one week, and then see what happens. It has changed the way I think about things and has really helped me out. But anyway I'm sorry that I named it a challenge, I didn't mean it in a negative way.

Cher, congrats on 20 pounds! That's so great!

Vickie, glad you had a good holiday. Yes we missed your wisdom around here.

Frouf, glad you found your ID! And way to go passing up those pecans!

Kathy, it does seem like you always have good suppers! And I like your idea for a Schlotzsky's/Beer challenge. Whatever works!

Sandra, I can't imagine walking 45 minutes a day. I can't imagine doing 30. Way to go.

Well we had Terry's chicken recipe for dinner tonight and was it ever yummy! I used seasoning salt instead of cayenne seasoning but it was really good. I suppose you could use whatever type of seasoning you wanted. I was going to do Vickie's recipe until I realized I had no eggs. I'm such a goofball. Anyway I am hoping to get in some gazelle tonight. Talk to you all later.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:31 PM   #17  
Closed

Thanks Vickie and Kathy....and Melissa, please please don't ever think you need to apologize....guess the 'true' meaning got lost along the way. You know how things gets 'misunderstood' online.
I never thought of it as a negative term either, just a challenge (opps) to myself and maybe help movtivate those of us who can use it (like me) .......Well 'nough said...
Have a good evening.....and a great day tomorrow too.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:53 PM   #18  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well I think I ate too much dinner - one can tell when tummy feels extremely full? I did eat my apple before leaving which did not put much of a dent in my hunger. Chewed gum at home for awhile which helped, but I did have some pita chips and salsa while dinner was cooking w/diet pepsi and I think that took some of the edge off.

The BIGGEST problem was ds's leftovers - yes there it was about 1/2 a cheeseburger complete w/bun - and boy was it yummy. I od'd a bit on the couscous as well and now I feel bloated! - NOT GOOD. I had one broiled hamburger, one corn on the cob and couscous w/veggies (1/2 chopped onion, some chopped green pepper and mushrooms and carrot matchsticks w/chicken broth and about 1/3 cup salsa mixed in - very delish!). I was kinda full but saw the leftovers and just inhaled it - I am not proud of myself! I am now drinking more water to wash it all down.

Linda - YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR DESK FOR LUNCH - this is an order of the highest degree from the highest Frouf court! Just do it. I was like that as well - just getting caught up in my work, generally noticing it was past noon so might as well continue and would end up eating lunch at my desk. NOT A GOOD PLAN. It is much better and you will be more productive if you get up and walk out! I am much more careful now and do watch the clock and at around 11:50 am start working on what I need to do to get out. Now that the weather is nicer I try for at least a 30 min walk and my co-workers are actually now getting used to the idea that I am not around at lunchtime. I usually eat upon my return and this seems to be working so far.

As mentioned before it is getting warmer now and I don't think I'll be walking at high noon, the hottest part of the day when it gets over 80 degrees - even today I was feeling warm and was "glowing" when I got in.

I have not had my fudge bar/dessert yet, but have some coffee ready to go in the french press - somehow I find that a "decadent" treat altho it isn't really? I think it's mainly because until I recently got a french press this was something I usually only had in very fine/fancy restaurants so in my mind it is a luxury, when really it is just very flavorful/full bodied coffee w/some light cream - I generally don't like my coffee sweet which is a good thing! I have sometimes added whipped cream on top of my coffee if I want something more special looking and sweet! (and I have a chocolate/sugar/cinammon grinder topping that I might even sprinkle on if I'm really goiing all out!).

Most of the house "cleaned up" for cleaning lady however still harrassing 18 yr old to do his basement cleanup - which he says he is doing at 10:30 pm - sure ya right - I'll bee there at 10:29 to remind him yet again!

So I just checked dd's room - claims she also cleaned up YA RIGHT - stuff all over the dresser, floor, desk, etc.! No wonder I have gray hair and borderline high blood pressure (speaking of which I have a dr appt tomorrow pm to check it out again - wish me luck!).

Hoping to get to bed early tonight! (instead of following kids around to make sure they did what they said they were going to do...sigh).

Froufie
Old 05-31-2005, 08:59 PM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, good luck at the Dr. I'm sure he'll be VERY pleased at your weight loss. Maybe there has even been some improvement in your blood pressure. I know what you mean about feeling bloated. I just got back from eating dinner and I feel over full. I didn't feel that way when I was eating but I do now. Almost sick. I had a salad, salmon steak, veggies and some ww pasta. Nothing outrageous. Hmmmm. I have a headache too. Hope I'm not getting sick. Well, back to the White Sox game and my budget.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:13 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm not the one doing the walking. i'm the one wishing i were doing it. maybe soon.

frouf, i hope you get a good report at the doctor's.

well, i'm off here now to go copy vickie's spaghetti sauce recipe. thanks again, vickie.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:40 PM   #21  
Melissa

Oops, sorry Sandra, that was Cher that was doing that walking! Sorry!!

Frouf, good luck at the doctor tomorrow!

I don't know what's wrong with me, all I want to do is eat tonight!!
Old 05-31-2005, 09:43 PM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ugh, and I'm sick to my stomach. What a pair we are!
Old 05-31-2005, 09:54 PM   #23  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay - I'm feeling hungry now - this is a good sign (meaning maybe I did not overeat as I thought I did? or it's worse than I thought and my stomach is an empty pit wanting even more food now cuz it's used to being distended and bloated!).

Just finished my 18 oz of water and may have my coffee (decaf) but know I will have to pee like crazy tonight which will disturb my beauty sleep.

Drill sergeant mode now as I go and check yet again on dd's room - and await the 10:30 deadline for ds - I give up!!!!

Vickie - hope your tummy feels better soon!

Melissa - are you genuinely hungry? or do you just have the munchies? if true hunger maybe have something before bed? if munchies try popcorn or something else that is chewy/crunch maybe? (carrots/celery/ apple?) Good luck - I know the feeling!

Frouf
Old 05-31-2005, 09:58 PM   #24  
Melissa

Frouf, I don't know. I realized that I may have the pre-TOM monster. I ate a little cereal and just now had a dill pickle. What a delightful combo. Good job drinking all of that water! (Hope you can sleep )

Vickie, hope you are feeling better!
Old 05-31-2005, 10:51 PM   #25  

Hey everyone,

Wow that was a lot to catch up on since ive not been on here all weekend. I was pretty bad on Sunday, but have been good Monday and Tuesday.. I am joining in for the week challenge!!!!!

Sandra, Food does call your name. My hubby makes this homemade caramel cake. Everytime he makes it, it yells at me to come eat it... He thinks i'm crazy when I tell him this. Congrats on your loss. We are doing it!!!!

Vickie, I need a shopping trip like you took... I feel like all of my clothes are too big or too tight...

Glad you found your badge..... Hope your day is going great..

Kathy, I sleep on the couch more than in my bed cause my hubby sounds as loud as a train. When I come home I can hear in as soon as I walk in the door. So I understand where you are coming from. He is going to get his tonsils and adnoids (sp?) removed soon. I cant wait/
Old 05-31-2005, 11:24 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

dh says i snore, too. how ladylike is that?

i have been wanting to eat tonight due to stress. i'm not hungry. i'm just wanting to soothe myself. so far so good. i may have some more sf/ff puddding with homemade granola if it keeps up.

melissa, i have to say that is a weird food combo you had tonight.

kiss, welcome to the challenge. yep, we're going to lose these lbs.

frouf, i am picturing you standing at your ds' door with a whistle in your mouth. go get'm, sarge.

vickie, are you feeling any better?
Old 05-31-2005, 11:52 PM   #27  

Sandra not eating because you're stressed is the hardest fight. Im trying to plan out my week and I cant think of lunch ideas. have any?
Old 05-31-2005, 11:57 PM   #28  

hey sandra,

On the homemade granola, what it kasha? is it the cereal?
Old 06-01-2005, 12:08 AM   #29  
Southside White Sox Fan

www.barbosdietkitchen.com has a picture of the Core granola. It looks wonderful but I know just by looking at it that I would not be able to control myself.

My stomach is still sick. Jim is sleeping on the couch. I think I'm going to go and try to lay down. My budget is done for the month. Woo Hoo!

See you all in the morning.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #30  

Hope you feel better Vickie. Thanks for the link too... You must of been reading my mind. I've been going thru old posts to find that website... Thanks and goodnight!
Closed Thread