Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 12:46 PM   #121  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Beautiful day here today and I VOW to get out of the house! I actually got to sleep in as dh and ds went to a friend's place this morning (dh could not understand that I was not feeling sociable and did not want to go altho I was invited!).

Did a bit of cleanup of dd's room (when she finds out I know she will be slightly upset!). I am now washing her comforter, sheets, pillowcases as I know she has not taken care of this in a while!!! She has one of those captain's bed with drawers underneath? Well what a wealth of childhood papers, toys, books I found when I opened them up! I left the important stuff but chucked a lot of it. (We are considering her request to redo her room and one of the options is to move the white captain's bed into ds's room as he could use a new bed - her furniture is too "sad" to reuse - originally bought from Ikea for the 18 yr old when he was born so we certainly got good use out of it!).

Now doing laundry - but have a couple of errands to run but I am SERIOUSLY considering going to the local riverfront park (about 10 minute drive.) Gorgeous river front park w/bike paths, walkways, picnic areas, playground, band shell (concerts in the summer), water park (not open yet), with lots of benches, grassy areas, and a pond. Might go for a walk around there and enjoy the fresh air, river view w/sailboats...will bring a chair/blanket, good book, snack...maybe my walkman too?

Have also asked dh to bring my bike in as biking weather is definitely here (in the 60-70's for the rest of the week I think!!!). Need to have my brakes redone but otherwise bike is in excellent shape and I need to GET MOVING!

Angela - I love open houses and house shopping in general. One of our favorite sunday pastimes is going to look at model homes even tho we are not house hunting. Love looking at the house layout and decor.

Vickie - I am very jealous of this amazing sale you are going to! How fun to shop when the store is closed. I really hope you have fun trying stuff on and find something extremely special for yourself. Happy Shopping!

I need to cook today, but think I might do it later, cuz if I start now I'll never get outside - have a nice roast to cook (probably for tomorrow), salmon for tonight's dinner and have the makings for Froufie's Famous soup - and that takes a couple of hours so will do that later this evening.

One day at a time! (my new mantra!).

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 04-17-2005 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:08 PM   #122  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Sunday to all! Frouf, it sounds like you might be just a teeny bit better this morning. I don't hear quite as much despair. I hope you go to that park and have a fabulous day in the fresh air.

We are going to the Ranger game. DH is mowing the front yard right now -- he was going to do the whole yard (back yard is HUGE) but when our friend called to see if we wanted, I told him forget the yard and go to the game. Then he talked me into going too because both DDs are at work all day. I'm about to go dig out a pair of shorts and find some Dr Pepper cans for the ticket discount. I am DETERMINED not to eat and drink everything in sight. No beer, no nachos, no hot dog, no nuttin'! I'll take a bottle of that Sam's Choice Clear American black cherry water that I am currently addicted to, and will fill in with more bottled water when this is gone. I *promise* a full and truthful report when I return. After three great days of behaving, eating all Core except for a coke on Friday and a piece of bread yesterday, I am not about to mess up. I'm back to what the tracker says and don't want to wake up in the morning being a few pounds up. No need to undo it all!
Old 04-17-2005, 03:17 PM   #123  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, I hope you got your bike ride in. It's looking like rain here but that won't interfere with my treadmill! I've been doing all kinds of other stuff today. Everything BUT getting my exercise done. I just made and finished eating our big meal for the day. I'll wait about an hour and then exercise and go shower for my shopping expedition.

Frouf, your plan to get out of the house sounds wonderful. I hope you did it instead of getting stuck in the house with mundane chores. Kathy is right, you do sound a bit better today.

Kathy, I hope you're having fun! I just checked and you are currently winning 6-1, so go Rangers! I can say this right now because there is no impact on the White Sox for now! It is so hard to be at the ballpark and eat healthy. Hope you're doing well. Congratulations for getting back down to 149! Onward and downward!
Old 04-17-2005, 06:42 PM   #124  

Hi, all my girlfriends! Taking a quick break to check in and catch up after a hectic, but good, weekend! It was good to catch up on everyone's news and to see a few folks checking in that have been silent for a while ... we miss you, Linda and Mercee, so hope all is well for the both of you!

Froufy, dear Froufy, I hope your beautiful, peaceful Sunday helped to bring some tranquility and peace to your soul. I truly don't know how you keep going from day to day. I do agree with Vickie that I don't think Emily hates you ... I feel sure she is very angry with you because of her continuing conflict with the jerk to whom you are married. You shouldn't have to be put in the position, by him, of choosing between him and your child and despite whatever issues he has from his own youth, he needs to grow up NOW and provide the love and support you and Emily both need. Is it an option right now for Emily to stay with your ex until a therapist can help her to resolve some of her anger? Can he provide the level of supervision that she needs? Maybe you could continue to take her to her dance lessons and activities every day but she could sleep at her dad's every night until you and your own therapist decide if you need to break with DH for the sake of your own sanity and happiness? I wish I had a magic wand and could wipe away all the anxiety and fear and stress you are experiencing every day. I do know that your love for Emily will see her through this dark time and I think she is pushing all your buttons right now because she does know that you love her but she wants constant proof ... even if it comes in the form of displeasure and discipline. I don't know how you managed to lose weight throughout all this but congratulations on the good WI!

Vickie, I'm sorry about those leaking skylights. It seems to be in the cards for you to deal with contractors every day, doesn't it? How did your orthopedic appointment go on Friday?

Kathy, enjoy the Rangers game today! And congrats on eating so well the past few days and staying below 150!

Angela, I hope you are enjoying your beautiful spring Sunday! Way to go on those excellent cholesterol totals. I don't think my numbers have ever been that good. Although my overall cholesterol was not really high (196 at my last exam), my good cholesterol is only about 30 so my doctor put me on medicine for that (of course, I don't take it but that's another story! ).

Terry, I hope you enjoyed all your social outings this weekend. I'm so sorry you were disappointed yet again in the adoption process. I can't begin to imagine what an emotionally draining roller-coaster ride that must be but it's good that you and DH seem able to take it in stride. I feel sure your patience will be rewarded!

Lisa, way to go on all those activity points yesterday! Hope you are enjoying your weekend also! Hopefully, DD is feeling better too.

Cher, how did WI go this week? I hope you had the loss you were expecting!

I think DD and her 6 friends had a good time at the sleepover. They were a lot of fun to listen to ... all giggly and silly, talking about how "hot" this, that, and the other actor was. They watched movie after movie and played some kind of made-up games, which caused some massive laughter in the wee hours of the morning. I think they finally fell asleep in some shape, form, or fashion around 3:00 and I had them up at 10:00. I took lots of digital pictures and will get them developed for DD and her friends to share. DD had another birthday party on Saturday afternoon so I had a leisurely shopping event at Wal-Mart while she was there. Never got around to tackling the garage as I had planned but I did sort through my closet and arrange the gifts I buy throughout the year. Now I just need to get them wrapped and I'm that much ahead of the game! Guess I'll have to save the garage for a rainy day!

Well, DD and DH are making rumbles that they're ready for supper so I guess I better go scare something up! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend! Here's hoping we all have a good Core week too ... me most of all!
Old 04-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #125  

We're back! A 6-5 win -- plus the Mavs just beat the Lakers, so it was a great day all around! After the game, we went to the corner bar so the guys could eat and have "one more" and we got to see the end of the Mavs game. I had a big glass of water. Yay, me!

As for the game, I wasn't quite as good as I had hoped, but still a thousand percent better than I would have been in the past, so I was still proud of myself. I finished the black cherry water on the way. We got there, bought the tickets, went to our seats and they were in full sun, which we wanted, but I underestimated how frickin' hot that 78º was today! OMG, I was DYING! I thought about a bottle of water, but knew I would suck it down in one big gulp, then have to go to the restroom immediately, then would be right back in my seat as hot as ever. Instead I got one of those really tall frozen margarita things (except at our ballpark / city you can't have liquor in the stands, so they're made from Mike's Hard Lemonade). I was able to make it last a few innings and managed to stay pretty cool. Then our friend got some nachos and when they were 90% gone, he asked if I wanted the rest. I finished them for him but it was mostly peppers. And *then* I got a bottle of water, and made it last until home. I brought the big "margarita" glass home with me so I could measure and it's only 16 oz. They make it look so much bigger! And I had NO beer, either at the ballpark or at the bar afterwards. It feels nice to not be weighted down and bloated.

Now it's time to start cooking dinner soon; vegetables are cut up and meat is marinating. I decided to use the shaker baskets for shrimp/vegetables and grill the meat; forget the kabob method, it's too much trouble for this worn-out, TERRIBLY sunburned Katpo. DH is in the recliner not looking too enthusiastic about going outside to grill, but said he would so I guess he's just resting right now. I'm actually not hungry and he just ate at the bar, so we could really wait an hour or so.

The weather shows rain for Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday. A group of people from work are going to Tuesday's day game and I'm glad I opted out if it's gonna be raining! I'll watch it on the internet from my dry desk at work.

Update on the diet A&W: I LIKE IT!

Last edited by Katpo; 04-17-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:31 PM   #126  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, glad you had fun and that the Rangers held onto the lead. Right after I typed my message, they started losing. I was afraid that I jinxed them. You did terrific at the game. But, I'm really excited to hear that there is a diet soda that you like. This could be very, very, good!

Deborah, always great to hear from you. I'm real glad that the party went well and that you had a nice weekend. My PT hurt like heck but I feel better now. They did some cook baby ultrasound and some electronic stimulus (looked like little jumper cables attached to pad on my elbow). She measure and poked and prodded and massaged. I have exercises to do every day and I will be having 4 weeks of PT every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It's a drag but I want to get better so I'm going to shut up and do it. I'll be up at 6:00 tomorrow because I scheduled my appointment for 9:00 since I already had lunch plans that I didn't want to cancel. The rest are all in the afternoon so I can do my exercise and eat lunch at a leisurely pace.

Well off to have my snack now. Have a terrific start to your week everyone. Talk with you tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:45 AM   #127  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey....where is everyone? You must all be busy with the work stuff! I've been to PT, eaten breakfast, exercised and showered already and it is only 10:30! I'm off to a lunch date with my big Sister and BIL in 20 minutes. I'm spending points today at lunch for some mashed potatoes and some cornbread dressing. Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum! Then I'll be going back to her house to try to fix her scanner.

I got GREAT bargains yesterday at Catherine's. I bought 3 tops, 5 pairs of slacks, and one nightgown for $115.00! OMG! The best news of all though is my NSV. I went from size 30/32 to 22/24!!!!!!!!!! Actually, the 22/24's feel too snug but I think it's because I'm used to swimming in my clothes. I don't like when my clothes skim my body at all. But I had to buy the 22/24 because I don't want to have to buy more clothes in smaller sizes at the end of summer. My Niece and my Sister couldn't go shopping yesterday so I had to call Jim from the dressing room to tell him how excited I was to be down 2 sizes. Great guy that he is....he stayed on the phone with me and celebrated!

Gotta go. Hope you are all well. Frouf, I think about you alot. Sending some strength and good vibes Northward.

Last edited by Vickie; 04-18-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:50 AM   #128  

Pretty slow last night and this morning, huh? I've checked in a time or two to see if there's activity but I guess everybody is having a typical Monday!!

Vickie, how exciting about the size!! That is so amazing -- and you're absolutely right about Jim being a great guy! I am so happy for you!!! What a haul that was, too! You GO!
Old 04-18-2005, 12:01 PM   #129  

Vickie, awesome! Way to go on that NSV. I'm so proud of you! And I agree - your husband is a heck of a guy for knowing just what to do to help you celebrate.

I'm busy "blessing" my home today (FlyLady language for cleaning). I'll be on more this afternoon, although this week is crazy busy. I have preschool at my house this Tuesday and Thursday, so I probably won't be checking in quite as often.

Gotta go vacuum upstairs...

Angela
Old 04-18-2005, 12:16 PM   #130  

Morning, everyone. The weigh-in went pretty well--.8 down which brings me to an even 14. Slow but steady (what is it with me and .8, anyway). I'm coming up on 16 weeks now, so my mantra for the week is "15 by 16." I'll have to be really good, though, because it's the week before my TOM and I'm usually jonesing for the bad stuff by the end.

Froufy, I did read about your continuing trials. I'm so sorry. It's hard when there's no support. I hope you can get outside for a bit, here and there. That really helps me when things are tough.

Vickie, isn't that the best? I spent half and hour yesterday cleaning all my silver jewelry. I really haven't been wearing it much, because I just didn't feel like spending any time "dressing up." Now that some of the weight has come off, it's just more fun to spend a little time on it.

I'm going to go change my tracker now. Maybe that will be an inspiration.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:20 PM   #131  

Busy Monday here but popped by to read everyone's news!

Vickie, that is so wonderful about your dramatic drop in sizes! You couldn't ask for a nicer reward for all your hard work ... several sizes smaller AND an out of this world discount too! I think those daily treadmill walks do make a big difference. I hope physical therapy wasn't as painful today ... enjoy your lunch! I love cornbread dressing so have a big, ole serving for me!

Kathy, way to go on your will power this weekend and this morning. What an accomplishment because I'm sure it was tough to resist the ice cold beer while you were baking at the ballgame yesterday! Sounds like you won't let anything derail you while you are working on these last few pounds!

Cher, way to go on your loss! You're almost halfway to goal now, aren't you? Keep on doing what you're doing and you'll be there before you know it!

Angela, feel free to drop by and "bless" my house for me! I only did a quick drive-by, picking up after the girls on Saturday. Flylady would be aghast at the clutter I have in my house ... heck, I'm aghast!

It's been a busy morning, which is a good thing since it makes the time go by so much faster. I'm doing pretty good with my eating so far today ... knock on wood! I seem able to manage pretty well when I'm not at home but tonight we have an orientation at the high school for DD ... I can't believe my baby will be in high school next year!!! and then once we get home it will be time for "24" and "CSI Miami" so I should be able to curtail my snacking ... I usually do my worst mindless eating while I'm sitting at the computer so I won't have much time for computer stuff tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday everyone. Stay safe for those of you experiencing stormy weather ... we are fair and warm here. Nothing stormy in the forecast until much later this week, thank goodness!
Old 04-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #132  
Card Carrying Princess

Red face Monday Monologue

Hi everyone - well I think the good vibes, prayers and hugs you have been sending my way must be working - for some insane reason I do feel better? Not really sure why? Unless just a couple hours of extra sleep yesterday did the trick??

Did not get out to the park yesterday - but did get some fresh air as dh raked and I watched ds while he was biking (just got the training wheels off a few weeks ago and there is not stopping him!). Weather here is unseasonably warm and we are all loving it! Today and tomorrow in the 70's but looks like rain and much cooler towards end of the week - around 50 (are you guys sending those storms my way?).

Today I am proud to say I actually got out at lunchtime for a great walk - packed up my runners and walkman- ate a a banana around noon and walked from around 12:10 - 12:40, then had my lunch! Will try to do this again tomorrow before the rains come!

Kathy - congrats on your great job at resisting temptation at the game and for trying to find that tasty diet soda that will fill your needs!

Vickie - WOW - I am so impressed w/your NSV - you must have been grinning from ear to ear - and such great bargains! Enjoy your new outfits! Good luck also w/the PT - sounds like it's not much fun now - but you can look forward to eventually being pain-free!

Deborah - glad you survived the giggly girls, sounds like everyone had fun! Good luck w/continuing on your good eating plan! Stay focused!

Cher - congrats on the GREAT LOSS - .8 in the right direction and remember slow and steady wins the race!

Angela - good luck "blessing" your home - mine is more "damned" than "blessed"....ha ha ha

Terry - did you survive your weekend? Inquiring minds want to know!

Still playing telephone tag w/therapist for dd - hope he can reach me today? Took her to orthodontist this morning and she seems so "normal" sometimes - yapping about sat night slumber party w/friends and her new passion fruit lip gloss!!! I did speak to her about the beer in the desk drawer - this was a left over from her "alcohol adventure" a few weeks ago - a backup in case they needed more liquor??? Said she forgot all about it and so never put it back?? Was quite upset that I read her notes - invasion of privacy and all that! Well the note was left quite out in the open on her bathroom counter??? Doesn't matter she says - I still should not be reading it as it was not addressed to me! (is she kidding? I am reading everything I can find in or around her person to make sure she is okay - not sure if she has yet realized that I found the "other/suicide" note and I guess she will be upset when I bring it to the therapist - but frankly I don't really care as my goal is to get her treated properly!!!

Trying to maintain my sense of calm today - yesterday dh was quite amazed with my "twitching eyelid" thing - asked me why I was so stressed while I was napping (oh ya fell asleep on my couch around 4 pm and slept for a bit)....well I can't really control the twitching - but (knock on wood) today it seems to be gone for the time being - I think I really need to focus on taking care of myself - and specifically getting ENOUGH REST. Froufies are notorious for taking on the world and forgetting that batteries do need recharging - this is the hardest things for me to do - and need to shut off the worrying once in a while and just relax!

Eating must also be focussed on as I am tending to slip up more often than before. Made a big pot of Frouf soup last night, a nice roast beef (already sliced and in the fridge) and some maple/ginger salmon (lots of leftovers still - made up the recipe - not that core but still yummy: 1 tbsp butter, 1 tsp mashed ginger, 1 tsp mashed garlic, 2 tbsp japanese teriyaki dressing, and 2 tbsp maple syrup - poured over salmon and baked - very yummy!).

Later,

Frouf
Old 04-18-2005, 03:50 PM   #133  

Congratulations on the walking. I'm afraid I skipped mine this morning--I'm stiff and sore from a monster bout of housecleaning yesterday, though.

I just got back from the grocery store and am proud to say that I resisted getting a monster frozen pizza for the kids (It's dad's night out). I just knew I'd eat the leftovers if I cooked it, even though I bought lovely portobello mushrooms for myself. I need to find them a Monday night treat that doesn't do a number on my eating. They like healthy foods, too, but not the same ones. I don't want to end up making 2 or 3 dinners.

It's so much fun (although nerveracking) when they get the training wheels off. We really need to get the kids out on their bikes again. They got scooters for Christmas and we've been doing that a lot, but since we got rid of our van, it's hard to load up the bikes.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:20 PM   #134  
Athlete in Training

Happy Monday!

Cher, congrats on the weight loss - you're moving in the right direction

Frouf, way to go on the walking. Wanna be virtual walking buddies? I so look forward to lunch walks - just to break up the day and do something really good for me.

Vickie - Wow, shopping must have felt great. Congrats on the smaller size.

Angela, I was on a "blessing" spree myself yesterday. I just love a clean house (or one that looks clean if you don't look real close )

Kathy, Deborah, Melissa, Anna and everybody else -- how's the week going for you so far?

My big social weekend actually went pretty well. Friday I enjoyed my choc chip cookie and stayed core the rest of the day.

Saturday I went to the neighbor's party and had a really good time. The more I get to know this neighbor, the more I like her, so who knows, I may be making a friend. Plus the majority of the other people I met were really nice and friendly. I didn't eat anything off core (I brought an apple-carrot salad and someone else brought a huge tray of fresh strawberries, so I nibbled on that all night.) However, I did enjoy a margarita (small one in one of these plastic cups like you get on airplanes) with lots of crushed ice (like a slushy, very good!) and I was talked into a jello shot. I kept adding ice to my margarita, so it looked full most of the night, and I could focus on meeting people and trying to remember names (there were over 20 people there).

Sunday I went to the baby shower, where I knew the expectant mom and kindof knew one of her friends. I did get very lucky because the woman seated next to me turned out to be interesting and fun to talk to. My dh made me a big omelet before I left, so I wasn't hungry. I skipped the creamed soup, had the salad, and ate the steamed veggies that came with the main dish. There was a breaded chicken thing that I tried (yuk) and beef medallions which I nibbled on, but that was about it. They had the cutest desserts - shells with creamy custard and puffed pastry that was shaped like a stork. Fortunately I don't like custard and puffed pastry, so I took a picture of the dessert but wasn't even tempted. So really the only off core thing was the salad dressing and I didn't have much of that. I apologized that I couldn't stay; she opened my present first and then I left. I felt a little rude, but we plan to visit her after the baby's born, so if there were any hard feelings, we can deal with it then.

Of course today begins my TOM and I get weighed tomorrow, so who knows how it will go.

It's a beautiful, warm, sunny spring day in Chicagoland.

Wishing you all a little sunshine!
Old 04-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #135  
Card Carrying Princess

Wow Terry - sounds like you did GREAT. We are all very, very proud of you. Bet you feel good too!

Good luck w/weigh-in despite TOM - just remember if it doesn't come off this week it probably will next!

Frouf
Closed Thread