Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 01:27 PM   #121  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frannie, thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to hear your review.

Kathy and Linda, you both sound so positive! It's so great to hear such great enthusiasm for yourselves. You're both always so positive to all of us that it is nice to hear you giving a little back to yourselves. Good luck this week. Kathy, I would love to have eaten your dinner. Not sure what I'm making tonight is going to be good but I'm committed to it now!
Old 03-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Yes, Kathy and Linda you guys really sound motivated today. TOM arrived yesterday and feeling really fat and bloated. Trying to flush it all out with water. Hopefuly it will be gone by WI on Wednesday.

Congrats everyone on your losses; no matter how small they are. A loss is a loss!!

DD at dance; ballet today. Yes, on a Sunday. Extra practices for the big "show" in May. Usually has dance twice a week, but now starting Sun. through Thurs., a little rediculous at 11 yrs. old. When will homework get done?

Here's a different take on the Cola Roast. One pkg. lipton onion soup mix, 1 can regular coke (not caffeine, or diet), one beef brisket. Put in crock pot simmer all day. Yummmmm. I think the original recipe called for chili sauce too, but it's good without it. Kids even like it.

Well, gotta pick up DD. Will check back later.

Linda - glad the every 2-3 hrs. is working for you. I think it also keeps your metabolism jumping.

Lisa

Last edited by mumto2; 03-13-2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #123  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default I Think I Ate Too Much!!!

Still doing the laundry - for those that are interested!

So had a bit of a blowout w/the 13 yr old- who was upset cuz gee I felt 5 HOURS OF BEING ON THE COMPUTER was enuf? So went dh, ds and I went out to the Science & tech museum this pm we turned off the internet...well that sure was not appreciated......and so she started cutting up a pair of new fuzzy/furry pink socks I had just given her (was cleaning out cupboard - she saw them and asked for me)....was going to make them into "arm warmers"??? A crazy child! This made me even angrier and so forbade her from going to friend's this evening (which I believe was just a ploy to try and go to this club downtown to attend a 13-17 yr old dance which she knows I would have forbidden her to go!!! I did mention I was calling the other parent to confirm "transportation" arrangements -and she did not seem to like that). Sure have to be on my toes with this one!

Now I am feeling supremely stressed due to gf's continuous nonsense about our trip - called her today to discuss the booking of trip (actually discussed this w/her briefly yesterday) and she is playing dumb- like I thought we were not going? Was registering daughter in some sort of ski school!!! Which is exactly what we had discussed yesterday - when she called my cellphone to ask if she SHOULD register her and I clearly said NO!!! Now she is hemming and hawing about the whole thing - was going to think about it and call me back...and guess what??? No call from her today! I AM FURIOUS cuz I should have just booked something from here and been done with it! The only reason I was going via Toronto (which was costing an extra $800 or so by the way!) was so we could travel together (she is a big CHICKEN when it comes to flying and I was willing to provide the necessary support!).

Of course nothing left to Mexico out of Ottawa......maybe Montreal??? or we can go to Jamaica (but not til next Sat!!!)..... I feel like unpacking and saying to **** with this! Kids will be disappointed I know (dh says just go and have a good time and forget about it). So do I let this affect our friendship? I am quite angry with her - and it is because of her that we have not booked anything yet and now I feel I am grasping at straws.....wish this was easier!

...which I think brings us to my eating - yes I finally found something that upsets me enuf to make me overindulge! Had a late breakfast/brunch - smoked salmon, weight watchers bread, veggies....then found a little chunk of chocolate in fridge (leftover easter bunny part?) and ate it. Seemed to do the trick!

Off to the museum for the pm....and very hungry (no lunch)....ended up going out for dinner...to Red Lobster - did I mention how STARVING I was? So salad, 3 buns, garlic shrimp, lobster tail w/butter, baked potato went down smoothly and quickly.....along w/3 glasses of water which bloated me up just fine! Boy do I hate that feeling...and have not felt it in a very long time!

Hope not too much damage done! Back to the dryer...

Frouf
Old 03-13-2005, 11:44 PM   #124  
always dieting

Froufy, please hang in there. I know there are times when my 14 y.o. makes me want to scream myself right out of my skin!! Wouldn't be a pretty sight I'm thinking. I have even gone there with the comment, "I know now why some animals eat their young"!!! Yep, sometimes I have a whole list to present before God at church to ask for forgiveness. I believe that it comes with the territory.
I know what you mean about your friend. I have one that I love dearly, (with a 35 year history) that I won't believe she's coming to visit until I literally see the whites of her eyes. Sometimes I won't even clean house until she gets here. She is so unpredictable. Now when we make plans to do something that is really important to me, I don't go out of my way to change anything I'm doing and if we are going away somewhere, I tell her when to be here (moving the time up 30-45 minutes) and also give her directions. I also let her know that I will not wait more than 15 minutes. If she is on time, great. If not, I'm on my way.
I just found myself getting too frustrated with my own self when I let her dictate my emotions, feelings, etc. by her inconsideration. She has been this way forever, and I'm not going to change her. I just had to change the way I do things, to take care of the craziness that she inflicts.
Just know that you are not alone. And yes, this madness can drive the best of us to the food, especially the wrong food! Healthy food just doesn't always sooth that savage beast. Sometimes we just have to step back from the damage, regroup and move forward from there.
Here's to having a great week. And if it is stress filled, as they often are, maybe a lot of deep breathing, exercise, or just venting here will help us get through. Take care.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:15 AM   #125  

Here's hoping we all have a good Monday ... if there is such a thing! One meal successfully down for me today so I'm off to a good start. Thanks again for all the support! Frannie and Froufie, thanks to both of you for posting the advice from the people at your meetings who each lost 100 pounds. That was so timely for me and gave me some good ideas to think about it.

Froufie, I'm sorry your friend is being so wishy-washy about this trip. If you will enjoy the trip with just you and the boys, I say go for it and don't give her another thought. I'm sure Jamaica or the Bahamas would be nice and warm too if you can get a better deal there. Having never been to either the Carribean or Mexico, I can't offer any advice as to what might have a wider range of activities for the boys but I'm sure your travel agent or online booking source can offer some suggestions. You deserve some rest and relaxation after all the stresses of the past couple of months!

Vickie, I hope your doctor's appointment goes well and that you can get some medicine that will finally get you feeling 100% again.

Frannie, I hope the boys continue doing well with their hockey. And I know this may sound crazy but you mentioned a doe and stag? What is that (other than a female and male deer, of course )?

Angela, I hope you enjoyed your recuperation day. Hopefully, you can enjoy a healthier week this week! Kathy, it sounded as though you finally got a chance to do some things for yourself too. Goodness knows, you've earned some time to yourself with all the hours you've been working.

Froufie, Frannie, Marie, and Lady dreamer, congratulations on your losses this week! Way to go!!!

Linda and Lisa, hope your week is off to a good start too!

Well, off to the salt mines. Good luck to all of us in keeping our eyes focused on our short-term goals!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:43 AM   #126  

Good morning everyone. I had a good "back on the wagon" day yesterday, with very little non-Core food. I enjoyed my rest day, and both my brothers came into town and visited (both are in college on Spring break - one's an architecture student, one's in medical school), so that was really nice.

I'm planning to return to "real" non-sick life today. I may even venture out and go grocery shopping! Woo-haw, what an adventure.

Oh yes, and Froufie, a while back I gave my mom some of your Famous Soup, and yesterday she asked for the recipe. I gave her some of the stuff I had frozen, and she served it to my dad and brothers for supper. They all loved it and wanted seconds. So see, it IS famous.

Well, better go pack dd's lunch and make up a menu for the week.

Later!
Angela
Old 03-14-2005, 10:19 AM   #127  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well don't you all sound happy and motivated!

Dreamer, what a great post you left for Froufie! I've never had children but have lived through my Sisters' trials and tribulations with their teens. I was the cool Aunt who "understood" them. Actually, I didn't but I tried to be the mediator. Most times it helped.

Frouf, all I can say is try not to stress eat. This is my new mantra for myself because not only will my problem still be there but so will a couple of pounds! I had several "toxic" relationships that I've had to terminate in my life in the last couple of years. Sort of friendship "divorces". As friends, we no longer saw the world in the same way nor did we have the same values anymore. Sounds like your friend is no longer able to make you laugh and renew your soul. If she is causing you to stress eat then perhaps you should find another friend to travel with. If I were you I'd NOT unpack, I'd go and figure it out when I got there. Any chance your Hubby would make a good travel companion? Maybe you could have second honeymoon?!

Deborah, I hope you have a great Core week. Just keep that fuzzy yellow chick in mind!

Angela, enjoy your family and your first healthy day in forever!

I'll be exercising and generally sticking around home today. Tomorrow to the Doctor and other errands. I didn't have such a great eating day yesterday. Almost all was Core but I ate way more than I should. I'm thinking the tuna pasta salad might have been a bit of a trigger for me. Oh well, lessons learned!

Last edited by Vickie; 03-14-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:02 PM   #128  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking My 15 Minutes Of Fame??

So now I'm FAMOUS - thanks Angela - what an honour to have my soup reciped posted for all to see (and of course enjoy too ..and welcome back to the world of the "living", enjoy your grocery shopping!

Dreamer - thanks for the commiseration, I know I"m not alone, but that child is going to be the death of me - I do think girls are worse than boys (or so it seems right now). Altho my 18 yr old did do some VERY STUPID things, he did not seem as cruel or vindictive as she is....or as demanding! Hope we make it thru these difficult years!

Deborah - glad to hear you are somewhat (re)inspired and heading in the right direction.

Vickie - yes that nasty stress eating finally caught up with me - it's a very powerful thing! While I knew it was "there" and I tried to fight it, it seemed bigger than me....something I definitely need to work on. The good news is I was really able to identify it, I was not unaware of what was going on and what I was doing, and I hope this is an improvement.

Now as for packing - I think I found IT - YES THE TRIP FOR US!....decided there was no reason to go from another city if not absolutely necessary...so with further research I found a trip to Jamaica (Negril) from here - this weekend, at a BRAND NEW (6 month old) 5 star property which looks pretty amazing. Reviews are good, all seems well - except price was just a bit high when I checked internet sell off site yesterday...but today's check was quite a shock as the price had already dropped about $300 per person - which makes it much more affordable...have a call in to the travel agent now and I am actually EXCITED to go.....I'm sure the 2 boys and I will have a great time and dh agrees that I really do need a break so I should go!

I am now antsy cuz agent has not called back and I am SO AFRAID that this trip will disappear. I am literally all packed (except for socks/undies and snorkel gear - dh is having trouble locating this in our messy basement storage area!). Got my carry-on ready to fill up (even bought a bag of lf bbq rice chips for the plane ride)....so who's coming with us??

I'm stressing out at work tho trying to get things done as I will be away all of next week!!! Will try not to pig out this week as I still have one more weigh in on Saturday BEFORE I go!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 03-14-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:38 PM   #129  

Frouf, I'm so excited for you! I hope it all works out for you and you have a wonderful time. We'll miss you here, for sure, but we'll survive.

Kathy, is your amazing mood still intact today? I was feeling great this morning till I had to deal with two incredibly whiny children at the grocery store. Oh wait, those were MY children! But it is nice to be feeling somewhat better, and see the sun shining today, even though it's only 33 degrees today.

So maybe you all can help me. I am so enjoying having my body back after years of being pregnant, nursing, and fat. So to celebrate my newfound self, I was thinking it'd be fun to take lessons in something. I've narrowed it down to guitar or karate. I just can't decide, although perhaps the price (once I figure it out) will help. What would you all do? I've wanted to try martial arts for years, but never had the time and the money at the same time. I think I'm in good enough shape to handle it now, and it'd be exercise, that's for sure. But guitar is also something I've always wanted to know how to play. I've played tons of other instruments (piano, trumpet, violin, cello, bassoon, flute, etc) but never guitar. I think it'd be so neat to be able to play at family functions, camp outs, etc. Maybe I should do both! Although I think dh might balk at watching the girls that often.

Anyway, I hope I'll be able to do at least one of them. I'm just so happy I have some time to be me and that my body can keep up with me.

Angela
Old 03-14-2005, 02:44 PM   #130  

First off, I had a total core day yesterday! Yeah Me!! Whoohoo back on track or this cold is affecting my appetite!

Boys lost in a close game last night 4-2 (one of the 4 was an empty netter!) Tonight is the next game!! So you know where I will be

The beef recipe was fantastic! Great ravings all the way around! Served it with potatoes, mixed veggies, and mushrooms (blah!)

Stag and doe............is a celebration of an engagement. (an excuse to have a party) The bridal party rents a hall, sells tickets, and does other little fundraiser activities through-out the evening with the funds going to the happy couple! I had never heard of one either until I moved here. And get this, neither had my husband until he moved over this way........so it must be localized to certain parts of Ontario........Frouf---ever heard tell of these? In the summer, a lot of them are held in barns here! (Cleaned out of course!)

Anyway, back to work and onward to yet another core day!

cheerio,
Old 03-14-2005, 03:43 PM   #131  

Height: 5'7"

I have never, ever heard of these stag and doe things! But any excuse for a party is fine with me!

Angela, I would go with guitar, but that's just because I have a new one and got it in the hopes of taking lessons too! I play the piano and wanted something different. So far, a year after buying it, I still haven't done the lessons but I will!

It's such a super pretty day here that it's a shame to be inside.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:17 PM   #132  

I created a Core Board #12, as this one was getting a bit long.

Hop on up - it's called Core Board #12 Bad Habits, I Will Shelve.

Angela
Closed Thread