Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 08:17 PM   #121  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Angela - you are absolutely tiny, and your blondies are adorable! The funny look on your face is cuz you're looking in the fridge and trying to decide what yummy Core food to cook for supper

Froufie
Old 01-21-2005, 09:46 PM   #122  

ROTFLOL Froufie!! I think that look on my face was actually because it was my daughter's 6th birthday, and I wasn't having any birthday cake!! : )

Angela
Old 01-22-2005, 12:19 AM   #123  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, Angela, I second Frufie! You do look tiny. Are you sure you can lose 20 more pounds? The girls are beautiful. Lucky for them their Mom is teaching them good eating habits. I grew up in a family that didn't have much money but we had plenty of food because that was how that showed love! I can't even bear the thought of putting a picture of myself on here. It's not a problem though because I have NO idea how to do it. Did you just copy and paste?
Old 01-22-2005, 08:11 AM   #124  
Closed

Hi everyone...WOW I can't believe all the boards you all have going on. I can hardly keep up with this one Had some time this morning and thought I'd look at the main board thingy....and found you guys all over. You're even awesome on those boards too!! I didn't post just read, it doesn't take much to confuse me, and bouncing all around like that would do it for me, I half way to confusion as it is

Angela yes indeed you look great!!! And your kids are TOO CUTE!!! I second Vickie about the 20 more lbs.
Katpo -Great shot of you and J.T. And no you don't look Chunkie, at least not to those looking at it. but I understand how you feel.
As for these last few lbs - it is sooooooooooo the hardest thing to do. You'd think 6 lbs would be gone just like that, but noooooooooooo. It was easier losing 50...ughhhhh
I am still hanging in there, trying to keep true to my contract
Frouie- hope dinner went well with you and your friends, and your husband too!!
Torrey I hear you loud and clear on the BORED thing, I am the same way, maybe that is why I can't seem to lose these ~@!~@~!#~! last lbs.
I just want to get there, stay there and continue on there from here on.
How frustrating is this...... I don't expect anything major at WI today.
I don't feel it. I'm betting it's a STS (stay the same) or up. We'll see, and go from there.
Frannie it's funny, you decided to journal this week and I decided to give NOT to journal a try....let's see how it goes for us!! It's kind of scary not to (for Me) but I know so many on Core (even at work) who don't and wonder why I do...guess I like to see what I eat, cause if I don't, I don't remember what I had.......even if it is all core. I do like to know. I am so anil when it comes to all this.....most times I drive my poor husband nuts thank God he is such a good listner Every time I talk to him about ME I can't help but think of Toby Keith's song "I Wanna Talk about Me" I just LOOOVVVEEEE Toby!!!
Ohhhh wait..... I forgot to tell you all....I had a talk with a Leader....and told her that I had some what of a revalation....duhhhh...about core the other night...
I realized that with Core it means, just what it means..EAT when you are hungry and STOP when you are satisfied....I never got that before, meaning......I would journal the entire day and eat everthing I had journalled, whether I was hungry or not. I was so used to getting up and having my breakfast because that is WHAT you had to do, instead of eating ACTUALLY when I was hungry for breakfast. Even if that meant a couple of hours after I was up!! Doing WW for three years got me into that habit of eating when I got up, then having a snack, then eating lunch 'cause it was noon, then a midday snack and eating dinner 'cause it was the dinner time. NOW, I decided to NOW to start to "listen" to my body and eat only when hungry like the plan is supposed to be. She sugguested NOT to journal and follow the Core golden rule, that is why I decided to NOT journal. This is going to be hard my friends. I never did Core this way, I have always journaled, and ate what I wrote down, but something was 'wrong' with the picture. I could not grasp the comfort zone thing because I was NOT doing Core the way it was meant to be followed. I am sure the WI will reflect my week, but I am ok with it. I feel soooooo good about what I realized on my own, something all other Core'ers probably knew all the long I hope I am explaining what I mean correctly so you all are understanding me
Anyway, I'll let you all know how I did later.......till then, STAY warm out there in those cold areas.....Linda

Last edited by L.J; 01-22-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:29 AM   #125  

Linda, I am the same way. I journal everything, even though I'm doing all Core. And I will eat during the "correct times," whether I'm hungry or not. It's a scary prospect to not plan it all out, but I guess if you are honest with yourself about the comfort zone, it will work.

Regarding the last 20 pounds, I think it's reasonable. You didn't see me from the back! I'm only 5'2", and the WW range for me is 109-131. I thought I'd pick something smack dab in the middle of the range to shoot for. I'm the "pear shape" type. My top is tiny (thank goodness for Victoria's Secret push up bras!) but my rear is large. Right now, at 140, I wear size 14 and 16 pants. When I weighed 170, I was pushing size 20, which may not seem too big, but when your top is a 34A, it looks funny.

Thanks for the compliments on me and my girls. I DO feel good about giving them healthy food, although they fight me tooth and nail. If I have to hear one more time, "We're eating that? It's dis-GUST-ing!!" in a whiny tone, I just don't know what I'll do.

But we all perservere, don't we? There's a blizzard outside today, so I'm going to have some yummy warm Malt o Meal with a banana, and do inside stuff today.

Angela
Old 01-22-2005, 09:31 AM   #126  

To attach the picture, I did an advanced reply, and scrolled down to Additional Options. Under Attach Files, I browsed and found my picture, and attached it. I don't know how Kathy got her JT picture to show inline like that. (but I'm glad she did!!)

Angela
Old 01-22-2005, 09:41 AM   #127  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Linda! I mostly post here because I, too, get confused bouncing around. That's why I'm always try to convince folks to come to the support board. I don't want to miss a single pearl of wisdom and I might if the posts are elsewhere!

I think you have had THE Core breakthrough! Yes, that IS what it is all about....eating when you are hungry and only what you need to fill up. Some folks are afraid of grazing. Well, you aren't supposed to graze either. I still pretty much eat at meal times. Sometimes I eat my breakfast hours after I get up. I find that I'm still hungry at lunch time but not as hungry. So then, I just have a bite or two. After 4 months on Core, I can't imagine ever doing Flex again. Try to give it the whole week. I know you'll get anxious but give it a chance. I'm still waiting to hear that you tried a fruit smoothie for a snack. Aren't I just like the little determined Scottie dogs that I have owned all my life!!!!!! Sorry to sound like a nag. I just know they will help you get to dinner and they are the easiest fruit and milk that I have ever consumed!

I had a hungry day yesterday. Still no TOM, just cramps and bloating. It is NOT fun to be in perimenopause. Harumpf.

Chicago is being hit with quite the snowstorm. We already have about 6 inches and the southside is supposed to get about 6 more before tomorrow morning. We are fully stocked with fresh fruit and veggies and milk so we should be ok. Tonight I'm making Cola Chicken and baked potato. Yum. I made my Pizza Casserole last night (AKA Glop!) and it was pretty darned good for an experiement. It made a huge 9 x 13 pan and I'm freezing the leftovers. I'll type up the recipe later. I used alot of cheese and it was quite the comfort dish. Does cheese count as dairy servings? I can never remember. I'll have to check my book.

Linda, hope you had a great weigh in!
Old 01-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #128  

Height: 5'7"

Angela, I know what you mean about looks vs. pounds and all that. At 5'7" and 147 or so, I look thin with my clothes on. Very "helpful" people are always telling me I need to stop losing but they haven't seen me nekkid. I have gone from a tight 12 to a comfy 8 and don't really want to go a size smaller, but would like to firm up the jiggly parts. Having three 10-pound babies really did a number on me, as did my hysterectomy where they cut right thru the tummy muscle.

As for the picture, I have the picture stored in my PictureTrail account, and there's an option there to get the URLs. So to post it here, you put (without the spaces)

[ url ] = http://www.blahblahblah.jpg [ /url ]

Vickie, still waiting for that glop recipe! Oh wait, pizza casserole! My DH will eat anything if I call it a casserole. Stay inside where it's warm! We're going down to 22º tonight; quite a drop from yesterday's high of nearly 80º!!
Old 01-22-2005, 10:10 AM   #129  
Southside White Sox Fan

I just decided to go through our old recipe thread to see if there was anything interesting there. I didn't find anything new for me but wasn't someone looking for egg cup muffins or something portable/freezeable? Forgive me if you already have this recipe but here is one that sounds pretty good for those of you poor people who still have to get up and get out to work every morning.

CORE Egg/quiche muffins

1 box frozen chopped spinach
1 pint carton of egg beaters
Shredded Fat Free Mozzerella or Cheddar cheese
salt, pepper, hot sauce to taste

Mix all above ingredients as if making an omelette
Spray muffin tin with Pam
Pour into a muffn tin and bake at 350 for 35-40 min.
Makes between 10 -12 muffins
I eat two for breakfast, keep 2 in fridge for the next day and freeze remaining.

Just take out in morning and nuke for 20-30 seconds
Old 01-22-2005, 10:24 AM   #130  

Thanks for that reminder, Vickie! I made some last weekend and put them in the freezer. I ate one on Monday and then completely forgot about them the rest of the week because Monday's was blech. I think I needed to cook them a little longer.

Anyway, I might make some more without the spinach but adding some other stuff (ham, bell peppers) for my 18 y/o daughter who has blood sugar problems. When she rushes out the door to work in the morning she grabs a SlimFast or something quick. She's 5'8" and weighs about 108. Yes, you read that correctly. She doesn't NEED the SlimFast but drinks it like chocolate milk with vitamins. I read about a hypoglycemic diet where it said to eat mainly protein. I don't want to put her on a no-carb, high protein diet because she'll lose, but she definitely needs something fast to grab and eat in the car. These might work.

Sorry to write a book.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #131  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, here goes nothing! We liked it alot but I thought it needed more garlic and hot red pepper flakes. Hubby thought it was perfect as is. Some of you might think it too salty with that many olives so maybe you might want to reduce the amount the first time. I'd hate for you to ruin all these ingredients because you thought it was too salty. I loved how creamy the FF ricotta made the sauce when I added it. I can't wait to eat it again. I froze the leftovers. I've frozen other things like this so I'm sure it will freeze well. Have fun with it. It was really easy.

Pizza Casserole (AKA Glop!)

10 oz Whole Wheat Rotini
1 LB Turkey Italian Sausage (count points or use Ground Sirloin)
16 oz Fresh Mushrooms cleaned and sliced
7 oz jar green olives sliced in thirds
2T Minced Jar Garlic in water or fresh garlic to taste (we LOVE garlic)
4 teaspoons olive oil
28 oz AND 15 oz Tomato sauce (look for one with Italian spices)
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning (omit if you found above)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
8 oz FF Ricotta cheese
8 oz FF Shredded Mozarella

The purpose of this recipe is to throw in whatever you like on your pizza (Core items of course!). You can omit the mushrooms or olives and add veggies according to your tastes. Cook WW rotini according to package directions. Drain and set aside but do not rinse. Remove casing from turkey italian sausage, if using. Heat 4 teaspoons olive oil (counts as some of your good oil) and saute at medium high heat mushrooms, 2 T garlic and whatever other veggies for 4 minutes. Add turkey italian sausage or ground sirloin and continue sauteing until veggie are soft and most of the pink in the meat is gone. If you have alot of veggies then you'll probably have to add a little more olive oil. It won't be a problem because we need our good oil anyway. Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning (if sauce is plain), and red pepper flakes. Add sliced olives if using. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add 8 oz FF Ricotta cheese. Stir until blended. Add 8 oz mozzarella cheese and stir until blended. Pour in cooked rotini and stir until well mixed. Pour mixture into 9 x 13 pan. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes at least 8 servings. Freezes well.

Last edited by Vickie; 01-22-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:41 AM   #132  
Southside White Sox Fan

If you guys think it looks ok, I'll submit it on the Barbo site.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #133  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, what about Ensure? Doesn't that have more vitamins and minerals than SlimFast? I know they advertise it for older people who don't have good appetites anymore because it helps them get energy and keeps them going. Just a thought. It comes in cans also.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:04 AM   #134  

I think it looks really good!! I'd submit it! My only problem is that I have looked everywhere and can't find FF mozzarella. I wonder how it would be with cheddar? Blech?
Old 01-22-2005, 11:16 AM   #135  
Southside White Sox Fan

I wouldn't use cheddar. My grocery store, Jewel, has their own brand of FF mozzarella and cheddar. I know that Kraft makes one too. Maybe you need to request your grocery manager to carry it. I also know that Trader Joe's carries their own brand. Do you have Trader Joe's?
Closed Thread