Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 11:41 AM   #31  

Thanks for the replys on my oatmeal question .
Old 12-15-2004, 05:35 PM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hanging in there and plan to go into the New Year feeling good about myself. I'm using more Flexpoints (or whatever they're called now), but that's okay and I have to keep telling myself not to panic, but to eat Core as closely to the Core program as I can. Keep up the encouraging words. It's a lot of help.
Judy
Old 12-15-2004, 07:18 PM   #33  
Janette

Good evening everyone. Thanks for asking about my daughter. Her tests came back ok--no cancer. She has to have a pap every 3 months for a while but she can live with that. Linda, stress eating is tough, I do it too. One thing that helps me is that I just remind myself "if I give in to eating then THEY win" and I'm not one to let anyone get anything off of me--HEE HEE. I agree that maybe 123 is not for you. I don't know your age but if you are over 30 that is probably just too low. Another thing you might try is maintenance for 3 or 4 months. That will give your body a rest, give your mind another direction to focus on, and then try to lose the last 10. Maybe a goal before swimsuit weather if you are one of those people (afraid of water!!).

I think another thing may be the whole "holiday season" approaching. I feel the stress and pull to "want" all those things we associate with Christmas. I love those Santa cookies (you know the ones you cut out with a cookie cutter) and want them so bad but I'm putting off baking then until next weekend so they won't be around too long to tempt me. Maybe all of us should just relax a little, set a goal to get through the next 3 weeks with no gain and then start over again January 1.

So we eat a couple of cookies or have some full fat dip or whatever special dish you remember from childhood that always makes you feel good. We have to learn to enjoy the holidays without excess and without guilt over every little bite we enjoy. Just my opinion.

Got to go eat dinner and get ready to watch West Wing--love that Martin Sheen!!
Old 12-15-2004, 08:13 PM   #34  

Congrats Kathy on your 10% way to go girl!!!! What a nice feeling to meet your first goal.

I agree that we should maintain. I am baking some squares right now and I don't know if I can resist so I am going to go and pop some popcorn! Maybe that will help.

Typically, I get up at 6, shower, dress, eat breakfast and leave at 645 to begin work at 730. Luckily I work in a huge nuc plant and can walk inside during the yucky weather so on of the engineers and I try and go every other day. Plus all my walking down and around the office building. Then I am home around 4. Supper on at 5 and walking either at 6 or at 8. This week I have been having oatmeal for breakie, salad, fruit for lunch and a meat and salad or more hot veggies for supper. I pretty much haven't had a snack later. But I did make that crustless pumpkin pie.......and had it for supper dessert......yummy!!! Lots and lots of water. I don't drink milk except in cereal and coffee so I try and have a yogurt for my mid morning snack.

For christmas we will have that christmas Pudding that I can't stand......so that is easy on me. But I also make an ice cream dish and will try and make it as fat free as possible.

Make a graham cracker crust for a 9x13 pan
Mix:
1 litre of vanilla ice cream
1 box of pistacho pudding
1 large container of cool whip

Spread on crust and return to freezer

If you want when you serve it you can drizzle chocolate syrup on it.

This is really good after a heavy meal........or even after spaghetti!! Yumm

Oh, there is my oven calling me
catch ya later,
Old 12-15-2004, 08:24 PM   #35  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, there are few better words in the English language than....no Cancer! I am so happy for you and your daughter. You will certainly have a wonderful Holiday. This should help your stress eating situation.

Linda, where are you? No message since yesterday at dinnertime. Hope all is well. Gotta say, I'm a little worried about you.

Frannie, it seems like you hardly eat anything! You didn't mention any starches or fat. Whew...I gotta eat more food than that! Glad you like the crustless pumpkin pie though. I have a taste for it again myself!
Old 12-16-2004, 03:45 PM   #36  

Yay! Despite having eating 8 cookies this week (yes, I ate more a couple of days after my 4-cookie day. Sigh!), I lost 1.8 lbs.! I did exercise one more day than usual this week, so I'm sure that helped. I'm now only .4 lbs. away from my Christmas goal, which is to have lost 25 lbs. since starting WW in Sept, so I'm very happy. Of course before WW, I probably could have eaten the 8 cookies in one sitting. There's definately an improvement in my eating habits.

Kathy, what a relief for your daughter! Thank God she's okay! And, of course congratulations on your 10%! Isn't it a great feeling?

Janette, I was just reading your other post about reaching goal. Congratulations!! What an accomplishment!

Everyone is so supportive on this board. I'm so glad we can share in our accomplishments and our challenges!

Okay, going to make the crustless pumpkin pie now! You all have given me a craving for it!
Old 12-16-2004, 09:10 PM   #37  

hello,

i forgot to mention that i do eat a lot of popcorn. but starches are my downfall so i try and be really really good......this morning i was in a rush, no oatmeal in the house, no time to cook an egg (got to make some more of those egg muffins) so i had a carrot muffin......it was not as good as i remember.......hum......am i changing?

i had weigh in tonight and got to change my banner......lost 3.4......wow that is a lot but you know what, we have a lot of snow and some nights we shovel 2 or 3 times......we have a long 70 foot driveway or so plus a circular part......I know, that snowblower broke at either the right time for me or the wrong time for the weather......ugh, snow banks are over 3 feet high now..........right into the midst of winter.

janette i am glad your daughter is ok.......my sister in law went through the same 6 years ago and is great today...... really makes you want to smile all the time when you get good news like that

i would really like to loose 1.6 by next week so i make the 25 by christmas. i made my 10% and that felt wonderful, a re-committment to the program!!!!

heading on to a s/f hot chocolate

stay warm girls,
Old 12-16-2004, 09:27 PM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

Carol, great news for you. 1.8 loss is fabulous. Maybe your system was stimulated by the jolt of sugar. Probably, more likely is that the extra exercise did the trick. You should make your Christmas goal easily! Hope you enjoy the crustless pumpkin pie.

Frannie, 3.4 down and your 10%! Woo Hoo!!!! You must have been thrilled! I always hated to shovel snow so I'm glad that your efforts were rewarded in some way! Godd luck in meeting your Christmas goal. It is certainly doable.

I, too, had a good weigh in week. I'm down 1.6 for a total of 21. I got to change my chick!!!!!!! I was shooting for a Christmas loss of 25 pounds which I knew was unrealistic. I said if I could lose at least 20, I would be happy. So....I'm happy! I love looking at my 20 pound chick.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:59 AM   #39  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi everyone. Just here looking around. Woke up at 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. So it's 4:00 now and I'm starting to get hungry and I know it's just stress. We bought a new car yesterday and I'm thinking that's what caused the stress. That and the fact that I don't have any wrapping or baking done yet. Oh yeah, and I'm having a new patio door installed today. I'm a little nervous that won't go well. Boy this is hard. I really want a fast food hamburger, some fries and soft serve turtle sundae. Culvers is what I have in mind. Any suggestions to get this out of my head? I'd really like to stop being a stress eater. What do you all do to avoid stress eating?
Old 12-17-2004, 06:55 AM   #40  
Closed

Good morning everyone!! I am still out here, but the other day, I wrote a great post and then AGAIN, pouff, it was gone!! I just walked away from it but I have been here every day reading all the post since. I was just to mad at this thing to write :-)
JANETTE- again, I am so happy about your daughter. God Bless her! And congrats on your victory!!
VICKIE- congrat on the weigh loss..1.6 and 21 lbs, that is so fabulous!!!
FRANNIE- 3.4 !!!! Wow!!!!!!- that's darn near 4lbs-whooohooooo for you!!
CAROL-1.8!!! Geez you too must feel wonderful!!
All of you did marvelous~
JUDY- you have a great attitude and will be successful also
And to ALL of you who I didn't mention Congrats of your losses. I haven't figured out how to look at all the previous posts, I tried in Advanced and that is how I LOST my last to post....ughhhh!!
Well now for me, once again not a good week. But I have to say that all the suggestions of trying to maintain are great. I have flucuated each day that I weigh at home in comparasion to WW but this new Conair WW scale is right on with my meeting scale. It's pretty neat. It tell you how much you weigh, how much you lost or gain and how much more to go. So because I have been so bad I have weigh other other morning here. Yesterday I was 134.1 today I am 133.1 and will see tomorrow, my REAL weigh in. I have a feeling that all that Idid this week will catch me tomorrow. Although someone once told me the scale does not know what day of the week it is.
As far as staying where I am, it is an unfortable weight for me. An extra 5 and or 7 lbs and I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I just want to lose to be down below the 130's. Perhaps I should put an exercise regime into action. Just to get out there and move. So perhaps I should elimate the word 'perhaps' and just do it!!
I think it was Kathy from VT, who shared one of her typical CORE days and I was amazed at how little she ate, and Frannie too. How do you do that??
I just keep remembering "eat as much as you need to be satisfied" so I am guessing
that is why. When I am GOOD I don't eat alot either but I do eat more that what you all wrote. For breakfast it's either, FiberOne or Oatmeal, then at midmorning I'll have Farina or some Core food..Lunch is usually soup I do myself...1 C Barley, 1/2 c peas and carrots, ff Chicken Broth, some cut up chicken and about 1/4 C of Campbells Green Pea soup mixed with the chicken broth first nice and thick and then add everything else. It's very fulling and satisfying. It' that darn OLE after work when I get in the door thing!!!!!!!!!! before dinner. Fruit just does not get it for me. Try as I might. I could do one of the smoothies Vickie suggested......hey I think I answered my own question :-) At least unlike the WW smoothie it doesn't count as "that's it for the day" See how much I need this board and all of you :-) It will be all of you who make me successsul.
Today (Friday) I am actually off.....remember we were suppose to go to KeyWest!!! Well we cancelled because the weather here is rain, rain, rain, and what's the purpose of going down there if you can't walk around. We tried other places here but it seems Florida is covered with rain this weekend. So we'll make the best of it. I am off Monday too.....and am so glad, because I so need it :-) :-)
Wow next week will be a short week for me.....off Monday and I took Christmas eve off too!! There are no meetings next Saturday so I'll have to weigh Friday, come home and compare scales. This new scale is pretty right on though, right down to the .1 .2 .3 etc you get the picture.
I will be back later on, and tomorrow to report!!! Till then have a great day!!
Linda
Old 12-17-2004, 07:03 AM   #41  
Closed

Hey Vickie......I am here to tell you don't stress eat....Learn from my mistakes!!!
You would be the first one to tell any of us not to do it. It you want something 'bad' perhaps a Subway Chicken with Teriyaki sauce sub and a bag of Baked Lays.
As for the French Fries, how 'bout the Sweet Potato Fries in the TurnAround Cookbook for make your own regular fries with a baked potato.
Hopefully by now you didn't have the meal you really wanted, and if you did, you pick yourself up and start again. You just hang in there. I am probably the biggest stress eater out here. Anything will stress me out and I want something I just should not have. Learn from me friend :-)
Be happy about your new patio, it will be great!! and as well as the car. The wrapping and baking will get done in time. I still have not wrapped a thing, I keep saying "I'll do it tomorrow" So far not a thing is wrapped. As for baking, well I am just not a kitchen person, I can cook I just don't like to....Too much like work (hahahaha)
But I am attemping the Crustless Pie today, since I am off. Testing it out so to speak, and perhaps make it for when we go visiting next Saturday. I'll let you know, but in the meantime, take a deep breathe and exhale. Don't do what I would do....and hopefully you didn't.....but again if you did...you did, and we move forward..........
Talk with you later.........and I certainly understand those sleepless nights.....Linda
Old 12-17-2004, 07:19 AM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, so good to see you! I didn't eat the Culvers. I at Chipotle burrito bowl (it's burrito type stuffing without the tortilla) and counted some points for cheese. It was delicious and filling and sort of gave me comfort. I really needt to stop using food for comfort! How did you know that I forget to breathe?! Thanks for your advice and support. It means alot to me.

I've lost posts too and it is VERY maddening. You can't switch pages to go back to look at someone's post on another page. I haven't tried it yet but if I do it again, I might select and copy what I wrote, go look at the other page and then copy my message back on the next page. Alot of work but better than losing a post.

I'm sorry to hear your vacation got cancelled, but at least you are off of work. Just being away from there should help. I can't wait to hear how you like the crustless pumpkin pie.

Today, I prepare the packages for wrapping (box, tissue, etc) and wrap if I can. Hope everyone has a great day!

Linda, by the way, would you tell me the model number of your scale. I need to replace mine and Conair makes more than one model for WW. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2004, 07:26 AM   #43  
Janette

Vicki, when you are stressed and tempted to eat, ask yourself this question "what is the worse that could happen is THIS goes wrong--then ask yourself, will eating and gaining weight CHANGE the outcome of what I am worrying about? Remember, the calm you feel from eating only lasts a few minutes and does not effect the outcome of what you are worrying about--and also, worrying has NEVER changed anything that is fated to be. Let stress be your friend--use it to be proactive not reactive. If you are stressed about something take action to do whatever you can do to make the outcome positive--if there is nothing you can do then let it go. You have to realize that you are not responsible for everything that goes wrong (something I think a lot of us ladies have been programmed to think because we hold so much of the responsibility in our lives (home, family, job, money matters). What I am saying is cut yourself some slack--the car was bought because it was necessary, if the door installation goes wrong, let the installers worry about it--that's their job (I am assuming you are having it done and not doing it yourself!). What I am trying to say is RELAX. I learned that "letting go of the feeling of everything depends on me" was the only thing that has kept me sane (well almost sane). I learned to let my kids work out their own problems, made my husband responsible for his own mood (he had me convinced that I cause it--give me a break) and decided if I want to have sandwiches for Christmas dinner it is MY house and I will do whatever I darn well please. If my family want a lot of fattening desserts for the holidays, they can just cook them and take them back home with they when they leave. Last of all remember that EXERCISE is the best stress release there is. Jump on the treadmill, turn on your favorite music and dance, dance, dance! OK I'm falling off my soap box so I will stop!!

Isn't it funny how some of those foods we used to crave really don't taste all that great once we get all the sugar and high fat out of our system. Our bodies know what it needs if we could learn to listen to it!

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my daughter's health.

Have to go get ready for work. Everyone keep up the good fight!
Old 12-17-2004, 01:44 PM   #44  
Closed

Default How Cute is This--Happy Holiday!!

Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I would taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store it was less a walk than a lumber.
I remembered the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rare,
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "None for me, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt---
I said to myself, as only I can
"You can't spend another winter disguised as a man!"
So -- away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie -- not even a lick.
I'll chew only on long celery sticks.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, life's no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!
Old 12-17-2004, 02:44 PM   #45  
Closed

Hi!! just thought I'd stop by a minute to let you know I changed my weight tracker....3fatchicks now offers it...so why not.
I also am making my current weight reflect what I feel will be my w/i weigh tomorrow, if not I will change it to reflect my w/i. I am being very realistic with that 135 for tomorrow, but not to fear I am really ok with that or whatever it will be.
I have done well in my weight loss journey. My personal goal is to be where I want to be by January 5th, that is my LifeTime anniversary date. I think I can, I think I can.
JANETTE- I just wanted to say also that your summary of how to handle stress was very so powerful.....a BIG thank you for that. I am trying to figure a way to send it to my email .... I think I can cut and paste it... Your words were and are awesome...all of it..even about the family....I for one loved what you wrote..you're awesome!! Thanks for sharing such powerful words...

That been said, I want you all to know that I am still struggling with the "to Core or Not to Core" I am having a big battle with myself. I feel sometimes that I was in more control on Flex, even though more hungry but I think that was because I hardly used my WPA and stayed mostly at my Range 20 pts. After all I lost all my weight on Flex Points...
I have also made a conscience decision not to be on any program today.....no reason just because. I will be back on one or the other tomorrow after weigh in....
VICKIE - I no longer have the Scale box but on the bottom of the scale it has Model WW60 and a 800 for Conair....1800 3Conair....even try their website.. The scale is awesome. It figures your 10% out too, and will tell you what you lost or gained since your last weigh in on it. I haven't figured it all out yet but I'm still reading the booklet, and am happy with the info it does give me. Good Luck

I will be here tomorrow.....with the good, bad or indifferent weigh in news...till then!!
Ciao for now bellas.........Lin
Closed Thread