Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 11:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default What foods do you use your WPAs on?

That's not grammatically correct, is it? I'm just curious how other people use their WPAs. During the week, I use them for things like light margarine, bread for a sandwich, and light mayo. When I have some left at the end of the week, I seem to use them for things that aren't that healthy. I'm afraid I'm jonesing for a molasses cookie today, and I have more than enough points.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:14 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

While I don't follow a 'tradional' Core program my Flex Program is basically Core but I count points. I tend to have 35 points that are just breads and treats during the week.

Friends of mine who are doing Core do just what you do eat things that are not Core but they enjoy or refuse to give up (real cheese, whole grain breads, etc) and then if they have extra (or they earn some APs for them) treats they want. Most of them are doing that for Pumpkin Pie on Thanksgiving.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:59 PM   #3  
Heather

I usually use them for a meal out on weekends and a couple drinks.

I noticed I am starting to use them less and less though.

Yesterday I did eat my first cookie since Aug 22nd. I made some for the kids and they were fresh and warm. 4 points. The thing I regret is that it really wasn't that good either but I ate it anyway.

Other than that I use them for bread once a week, cheese occasionally, and crackers occasionally.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:10 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Smart balance margarine, Natural Ovens Oatmeal Raisan Cookies, Snackwell vanilla sandwhich cookies, and a bun here and there when I'm in a restaurant. Occasionally, some cheese.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:41 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I use mine for the bread when I eat cheese toast with my tomato soup. Other than that, I use them for the (increasingly frequent) times I cheat. I've slipped a few pounds but am climbing back up on the ol' horse tomorrow, which I will need after a good night tonight at a Mexican restaurant.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I didn't get my molasses cookie. I went to two Starbuck's (easy to do given where I live), and at the last one, the barista said that they aren't doing molasses cookies again until the holidays are over. Dang! Although maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. . .
Old 11-12-2004, 10:18 PM   #7  
Janette

I use mine for bread for my toast or sandwich, low fat salad dressing, cornbread, tortillas for burritos or fajitas, chips when I eat mexican food out, and the rest I save to use if necessary on an unplanned meal out. I find that Core satisfies me enough that I don't think about "treats" although I can't help thinking about Christmas cookies--I love shortbread or tea cakes- and I love to eat them with my coffee in the morning. Oh well, maybe I can adapt a recipe using Splenda and at least eliminate the sugar even if I have to use the butter.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:02 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

fifty, Did you see the new SPLENDA? It is specifically for baking and is 1/2 sugar and 1/2 splenda aleady mixed.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:36 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ooohhhh, Janette, I love shortbread too! I don't even want to think about it. I have a fabulous recipe but it is all butter and sugar with a little flour to stick it together. No way to make that Core!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 10:42 AM   #10  
Cowboy Up Chick

Vickie, will you send me the recipe we are doing a cookie thing at work and I'm looking to try something different than my usual Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Old 11-13-2004, 10:44 AM   #11  
300+ Chick

Nuts, bread, chips/popcorn(my darn popcorn machine went out of brink,ugh)

Liliann
Old 11-13-2004, 11:10 AM   #12  
Cowboy Up Chick

I thought Popcorn was core? I know many who make the popcorn (I know for a fact air popped is core) on the stove with a tsp or 2 of the healthy oils.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 11-13-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:25 AM   #13  
300+ Chick

Air popcorn is core..Used to make them all the time with butter spray. 2 years of owning air popcorn popper and need to get a new one. Don't own a micowave.

Liliann
Old 11-15-2004, 03:17 PM   #14  
Kathy from Vermont

I use mine for multi-grain or whole wheat english muffins, real butter, fat free cream cheese, walnuts and occasionally almonds, and although I have really tried not to do this often, the very occasional chocolate treat. Try the crustless pumpkin pie recipes on the barbosdietkitchen web site. I made the recipe that calls for 3 egg whites and used 2 whole eggbeaters instead. It was better this way than with the egg whites.

Kathy
Old 11-15-2004, 03:29 PM   #15  
Cowboy Up Chick

I am looking on the Core List but I thought that popcorn, raw was core also. Then people pop it in an AirPopper or with 2 tsp of Olive Oil and keep it core. I'll be back.
Closed Thread