Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #1  
Sugardrop

Default Using Core for Maintenance

I don't recall seeing anything at all in the At Home kit about maintenance if you are using the Core Plan. What exactly happens at that point? I know from doing the Points Plan that you start adding a few points per week until you begin to show a gain and then level out. How does this work with Core?

I love this plan. It works well for me. I had lost my weight on the Points Plan a few years ago and have done well, but a little was creeping back on. I rejoined a few weeks ago after reading how much you liked the difference which Core makes. I know I am thinking ahead, but just wonder what would be the next step after getting back to goal.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:09 PM   #2  
Heather

I am just under goal (again ) but they won't give me the maintenance book until I tell them I am ready for maitenance again. I am still trying to lose another 10 pounds. Anyway, from what I gather, for maintenance you start by adding an extra 28 points to your weekly points allowance (4 a day). If you lose/gain you adjust that number until you find the right balance.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:08 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

From what I have been told is you have some WPAs of 4 a day you HAVE TO USE and then you do the play game like with Flex. I have a few friend on maintenance that have told met his....
Old 10-20-2004, 07:19 AM   #4  
Sugardrop

Hmmm, that's interesting. I wonder if you are encouraged to add things that might already be on the core plan (like 2 tsp olive oil) but make it 2 tablespoons on your salad????? You would still be using Core food. Or if they are trying to shift you back to "whatever you want" sort of food.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:59 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Since the current 35 WPAs are for non-core foods, I would assume that the additional 28 weekly points would be too.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I'm very interested in this topic too since I am only 2 lbs from my personal goal. The whole thought of 28 additional WPA's is very exciting and scary to me at the same time. But I am looking forward to it. Nice to know I won't be the only one doing core maintenance soon!
Old 10-20-2004, 11:15 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

Yes it is supposed to be for the NonCore Foods (whole grain breads, etc) but still stressing towards a healthier choice rather than with the 'treats.'
Old 10-20-2004, 12:06 PM   #8  
Heather

I have been reading the lifetimer boards at WW but never heard that about you having to use the 4 maintenance points per day. Everyone always just says it is per week. I will have to ask about that.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:33 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

I have several friend who are on maintenance with core and they say you start with 4 WPAs a day and use them for NonCoreFoods and then the next week if you gained you take away 1 or 2 and if you lost you add 1 or 2 and you do this until you no longer gain or lose...still allowing your 35 WPA on top of that.....
Old 10-20-2004, 06:44 PM   #10  

Kelly - 4 points in addition to the 35 WPA's?

Oops - should have read the whole thread before asking a dumb question

WOW - 63 WPA's a week!

Last edited by susie; 10-20-2004 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:10 PM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

Yeah...I just can't get into Core...my body and mind don't talk with the 'until satisified' stuff. LOL! I'll keep doing what I always did by eating whole foods (few processed, simple carbs) and counting points with my portions...I know where I stand there and easier for me because my life...not to say mine is better or worse just my way.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:32 PM   #12  
Sugardrop

This information is really helpful. It is good, I think, to be able to plan ahead...sort of an inspirational tool! If you really are allowed, in fact required, to add 4 points per day, this assumes that you are already using the 35 points allowed, doesn't it?

How many of you who are just a pound or two to goal are using all your available pollible points? I think that some days I probably don't add that 7 points in total but on the days when I have a huge salad for lunch, olive oil can flow pretty easily! I tend not to go for a pigout situation but to use them in a daily portion most of the time.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:26 PM   #13  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugardrop
...If you really are allowed, in fact required, to add 4 points per day, this assumes that you are already using the 35 points allowed, doesn't it? ...
Not the way I see it. Your 35 WPA is still optional but you start using 4 a day 'mandatory.'
Old 10-21-2004, 04:07 PM   #14  
Running Babe

Kelly: I tried it for a few weeks, good program, just not one I could sustain... So I am back to eating mostly core foods, still losing weight and lots of exercise.

About maintenance: I messed up maintenance bad, I started eating more and more snacks, ended up with an eating disorder basically... now I am doing things much more simply. I am not maintaining, but losing and trying to eat in a way that is very loving to my body and my lifestyle. Take maintenance slowly takes a lot longer than 6 weeks to perfect. Maintenance is for life.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 10-22-2004, 02:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5ft, 4.5in

Post I don't think you HAVE to use them

I just got the "Going the Distance" guide Wednesday, and on page 5, the "Halting Weight Loss" page, it says
1. Increase your weekly points allowance
*As soon as you've acheived your weight goal, add 28 POINTS values (e.g. 4 per day) to your weekly points allowance.

2. Weigh in and evaluate
*At your next weigh in, if your weight is within two pounds of your weight goal, continue at the same weekly POINTS allowance.
*If you've lost more than two pounds, increase your increased weekly POINTS Allowance by 14.
*If you've gained more than two pounds, decrease your weekly POINTS Allowance by 14.

3. Repeat
*Repeat step 2 after every weigh-in until your weight has stabilized within 2 pounds of your weight goal.
My interpretation is that you don't have to eat your new 63 points WPA, and you don't have to eat it in the form of 4 points worth of non-Core foods every day. My leader didn't mention anything like that.

On the other hand, I'm being hypocritical and making myself eat those 4 points every day, because I think it's the best measure of the points range, can I eat it all and still maintain? I've been eating all 35 WPA every week, Core or Flex, and I've been looking forward to those 2 small Dairy Queen Peanut Butter Cup blizzards a week. Or the equivalent

Last edited by ameliaamy; 10-22-2004 at 02:15 PM.
Closed Thread