Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 09:44 PM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angie, thanks for the words of encouragement! I've 150 pounds to lose and I've just started. I'm figuring it'll take me 2-3 years.

Welcome. Isn't it nice to have supportive hubbies!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:50 PM   #32  
Janette

Linda, I hate to see you give up on Core but glad to know that you are going to continue on flex. We all have to do what works for us. Good luck and do check in from time to time to let us know how you are doing.

A little about myself. I have been married 36 years, have one daughter with 2 grandsons and one son with 2 granddaughters. Funny how that worked out. I have 3 dogs (keep taking in strays) and 1 inside cat (also large-boned) and 3 inside kittens (rescued from a stay that came to the house that wouldn't be tamed) and 3 outside cats. DH keeps saying that the kittens are big enough to go outside but I'm holding out.

I have reached goal three times but always have a hard time keeping it off. Two years is the longest I have gone at goal. Seems to just come back on overnight. I am either a size 10 or a size 20. I swear, I never have any clothes in the closet in the size in between.

Thanks for everyone's kind thoughts. I have faith everything will work out for the best. It's the waiting and not knowing that always gets to me. I have been cleaning like a madwoman all day. At least some good will come out of it!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:57 PM   #33  

Jade - were you trying to freeze the yogurt in an ice cream machine? We do pudding mix in our cream machine all the time and it turns out pretty well. It does get pretty darn hard in the freezer and is best straight from the machine. I have never tried ff plain yogurt - but LF Vanilla yogurt and fruit work pretty well also.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:49 PM   #34  

Susie,
No, I don't have a machine. I was just trying it in a bowl. I freeze the individual yogurts for my husband to take to work. By the time he gets to eat them they've thawed quite a bit I guess and he likes them that way. I just thought maybe it would turn out the same, but he gets regular yogurt, not the ff stuff. I don't know if that makes any difference, but I think the little bit of fat that is in it may help???? I don't really know. So I'll just eat it from the fridge instead. Not a big deal.

Thanks though.
Jade
Old 10-06-2004, 05:12 AM   #35  

Hi all, Vickie, thanks for your support. This week, I think, I shall remain with this core group in terms of learning, posting, etc. but go back, still, to flexpoints. We are going away to my in-laws for the weekend and I'll have absolutely no control over what is being served as well.
I had heard in the first week or two that the Core plan came out that some people find it good to bounce back and fourth from one plan to the next and that sometimes will help with losses?
Have to admit, I had great hopes for this Core plan and was awfully discouraged to see a gain again when I have worked so hard. My body, since the beginning of summer, has remained within a range of 149 - 151. If I were on "maintenance" that would be so great as I am really staying "put", but as I want to be down to 136 and dearly want to be a ww leader, I've got to find a way to make these pounds finally budge!
Only kidding when I say this, but thinking of liposuction!!!! Then, once it is gone, then manintenance would work, right? Totally a joke, as I am grossed out by that process..... the only thing that will make my body take off excess fat (my humble opinion!) is dietary and exercise/activity.
But, I feel as if I can't possibly cut any more foods out of my life and be "happy" and not feel starving all day, I feel as if I am exhausted from my workouts and treadmill routine. So, what will it take?
Maybe one of you has an answer that I can ponder.
Linda in NH, frustrated but not giving up on ww
Old 10-06-2004, 09:43 AM   #36  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, what it is going to take unfortunately is perservance and patience. Two things I struggle with every day. I'm sorry you're going back to flex because I'll miss you here but that is purely selfish on my part. I didn't know you plan to be a Leader but just from my experience with you here, I think you'll be a great one!

Is there a chance that 136 is too low for you? I think you're very smart to switch to flex when you know you are going to spend at least a week in a situation you can't control. I think about it when I go to restaurants and order food cooked Core way. Really, I don't know what they are doing back in the kitchen. I just have to hope they've honored my requests!

Lots of continued luck. I hope you do still come to visit here. I'm sure I'll be here for a long time.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:46 PM   #37  

Hello everyone! I have a point question. I bought Jennie-Os All White Turkey Roast w/gravy. A serving of the turkey, gravy and all is 2 pts. According to my point guide a serving of turkey is 2 pts., this of course is CORE. Because the gravy is on the turkey, do I need to count these points or just let them go, b/c turkey is CORE and the points are the same? I hope this makes sense.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #38  

If it is real Turkey - not processed, pressed then sliced - I would consider the turkey Core and just count the points for the gravy. Generally - processed deli meats are not considered Core.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:49 PM   #39  
novabubble

Wow it is so neat to read about everyone. I love that we are all so different even if we are focused on the same project! I'm so impressed with the big achievements AND the big commitments.

Linda I think you have to eat the way that's right for you. If it isn't core, then don't fight it. You gave it a great try. Do you remember the days when WeightWatchers came out with a plan called "Fat and Fiber?" They decided all you had to do was keep your fat below a certain level, your fiber over a certain level, and eat what you wanted. I gained 10 pounds on that plan! And I didn't eat sweets either. It was just plain wrong for me. Core works fine for me, but I can see where it wouldn't work for everyone.

I had a great lunch today but sorry, it has tomatoes in it (was it Vicki who said she's sick of tomatoes? Sprinkle 2 cups or more of fresh baby spinach with salad dressing (you could use your oil for the day, with vinegar or lemon, or I used Kraft light sundried tomato and took the point). Wilt in microwave for 1 minute or more if needed. Add 1/2 cup of lentils and one tomato chopped (sorry, I'm still overrun from the garden). Slice a chicken breast on top of that. It looked absolutely wonderful and tasted good too. I like LOTS of food, and this made a real bowl full.

Have a lovely evening!
Old 10-06-2004, 07:49 PM   #40  
Southside White Sox Fan

Robin, it was me LOL, that is tired of tomatoes. Your recipe sounded so good I'll be giving it a try! I'm not sworn off tomatoes forever, I just want some things to mix in between.

Next year I'm going to have a garden....now that I got my early retirement!
Old 10-07-2004, 10:00 AM   #41  

Hi everyone. I would also like to add an intro here. My name is Jenn. I have been married to my current husband for almost one year (we got married on Halloween). I have two children from my first marriage, a ten yr. old boy and a seven yr. old girl and a one yr old boy from my current marriage. my husband is wonderful but he is also very skinny and can eat all he wants. he has a high-stress job that requires a lot of travel and working hours. as for me, I have left a job in a law firm to be a stay at home mom. I had been a contract negotiator for ten years and it has been tough for me to just come to a halt as far as work is concerned. I have been going to school and working on my favorite hobby which is writing...but I have found that even with how busy I am with that..and raising my kids...and all the other things we do as women (and men, of course!) I have lost a lot of control over what, how and when I eat. so, in trying to get some of that control back I have started ww. I have tried a sample of flex and core. I think that the core is working pretty well for me right now. following all of the conversations and recipe postings, tips, etc. on this board have been a great help. you all seem like such wonderful people and it is nice to get to know you all!!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:11 AM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

Welcome Sandi and Jenn.

Sandi, I too, am a very slow loser having yo-yoed all my life! You and I have a lot in common. I'm 48 but have been perimenopausal since 40. I think this tends to affect weight loss a bit....no excuses. I also am not giving up this time...no matter what. I also come from the clean plate club and am struggling to listen to my body instead of my brain. My brain always tells me it wants more even when my body IS satisfied. One of the things I've tried on Core is to deliberately put much less food on my plate than I think will fill me up. I tell myself I can have more if I need it. That way when I clean my plate it's a much smaller portion. I've also been telling myself to eat just a bit. The beauty of Core is that if you are hungry later you CAN have more food. It's a process I believe. I'll be here for a long time so maybe we can help each other through this.

Jenn, I also have something in common with you in that I was forced to take an early retirement. So at 48 after working in downtown Chicago for 30 years I was forced to just stop working. It was a shock and for the first five months I just wallowed. Now, I'm trying to see it for the opportunity that it is. I never had the time to focus on me and making me healthy. I was always too tired to exercise and cook. Hence, the 150 pounds I have to lose. Don't let me fool you....I like to eat carbs and lots of them. I like comfort food and I a stress and emotional eater. I'm slowly trying to change those things now that I don't have the stress of work. I am a control person and I've always been embarrassed that I could control everything but my weight. Now I see that I chose not to control it. Now I chose to conquer it!

Having said all this, tonight is my fourth WW and Core weigh in. I've been really hungry all week but I stayed on program. I exercised all 7 days. I'm expecting a stay the same or a small gain. I'm trying to convince myself that it doesn't matter. If I do gain it will be a disappointment. I've never been so faithful before and I want results! I have to keep telling myself that this is a marathon for me and not a sprint.

Good Luck to us all, Ladies!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:35 AM   #43  

Height: 5'7"

My turn, I guess!

I, like Sandi, live in a town right outside Fort Worth, Texas. I am 5'6" and have been slim all of my life -- until I hit 40, had to take a lot of meds for various ailments, and started packing it on! Last Labor Day (2003) I found myself at 175 and said OKAY! THAT'S IT!!

I had previously done WW@Home, so I had all the materials and calculator. I started journaling and eating healthy (actually I was eating all Core foods and didn't even know it) plus started really downing the water. I lost 15 in about 2 months and have kept it off. Then in Feb. of this year, we started WW@work so I joined in. Still watched it, and maintained, but didn't lose.

When Core came out, I knew that was for me. I have lost 10 pounds since I started it on Sept. 6 of this year. I feel good and the loss is noticeable. I'm going for another 10 and if I don't look too sickly, I'll go down a few more.

I'm married, have three kids (26, 21 and 18), four dogs and a cat. I work as a courseware developer for a training company in Arlington, and also wait tables at our local bar and grill three nights a week -- gotta pay that college tuition somehow!!!

I've gotten so many good ideas here; don't post much but believe me, I'm here every day reading what everybody has to say!
Old 10-07-2004, 12:05 PM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Welcome, Bindy! How on earth can you diet and work in a bar and grill? I'd go crazy with the smell of all that wonderful food.

Congratulations on your success, so far.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:10 PM   #45  

Height: 5'7"

LOL! I actually don't eat anything while working, and don't even get something to go when I leave. I keep telling my boss I should be paying her $35 a month for my "health club membership"! I get SUCH a work-out between running between the kitchen and dining area, and then sweeping/mopping after we close, that I count those three days as my week's exercise.
Closed Thread