Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 04:53 PM   #1  

Default considering CORE

Hi everyone, I have lost about 5 lbs or so counting calories but I'm eating nothing but complete junk (like snoballs and cheetos). I think it would be really great to start eating healthy, but I'm concerned that I don't understand how to just eat to the point of satisfaction. I'm afraid that if I'm not counting things than I will go overboard and eat way too many fruits,etc. What do you guys think? I think this would be a great way to eat, I'm just afraid I'll wind up eating too much because of the whole "free foods" concept.

Last edited by UnCafeCvooPlay; 09-20-2004 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:16 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Why not utilize the CoreFoods List and still count your points for a while until you realize how much a serving really is and figuring out if you'd be satisified with 1 serving or if you need more. For the most part CoreFoods are high nutrition foods that USUALLY satisify with less. I know I have always prescribed by the 'whole foods' concept rather than junk but I still get a few points in junk occasionally.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:16 PM   #3  

I love your screen name!
Core is really great. I know its hard to believe but once you let go of the whole counting thing - you are forced to pay attention to how full or satisfied you are and overeating becomes difficult to do. I also thought Core could be a recipe for an overeating disaster. Instead I found it very liberating and for the first time, I feel like I have found something that I can live with forever. I've been lifetime for a number of years and I just plain got sick of obsessing over calories and points. The list of foods is really pretty broad when you take time to think about it (take a look at some of the menus posted on the daily menu thread). Although life without measuring cups is really wonderful, the real kicker is that I have lost more than five pounds since starting Core and feel great.

The only real issue is that I have had is that while fancier restaurants are a breeze, chain restaurants and convenience foods are a bit of a challenge.

I also encourage you to check out the Core support thread - its full of dedicated Core program people and has lots of great ideas!

Good Luck!

p.s. Bet you can't eat too much fruit.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:37 PM   #4  

For me CORE means no counting and I get to eat when I am hungry. I like that idea. On the points system I thought all day about food. Now I just keep tons of CORE foods around me and eat every time I get hungry. I like this plan better. And I am losing fater on it
Old 09-20-2004, 09:10 PM   #5  

Wow guys, thanks for the responses. I think I'm definitey going to start CORE. I too am sick to death of counting and obsessing. Oh, and thanks susie!
Old 09-21-2004, 12:50 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Today was my first CORE day and I love it so far

Awesome
Old 09-22-2004, 07:47 AM   #7  
Kathy from Vermont

You should definitely give it a try! I went back to WW on 9/13 thinking I would start again with the flex points but tried core and loved it. I lost 5 pounds the first week and did not feel hungry or deprived at all (OK when my boss brought in the Krispy Kremes I did feel a little deprived). After all these years of trying to lose weight I think I finally found a program that I can follow and carry on with after the excess poundage is gone.

Kathy
Old 09-22-2004, 09:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Still can't decide

Or am I just plain scared? Anyway, I've thought about trying the Core, but it's so different than I'm used to eating. Also, I would have to cook more and I literrally burn water.

I agree that the plan could be healthier, but I guess I've gotten used to eating a certain way. Maybe this is what I need to shake things up a little?
Old 09-22-2004, 10:25 AM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC
Or am I just plain scared? Anyway, I've thought about trying the Core, but it's so different than I'm used to eating. Also, I would have to cook more and I literrally burn water.
First off I have never not eating mostly Core Foods and found it helps with being satisified as well as how I feel. I literally never have been hungry on W/W because of this. You could try utilizing mostly Core foods along with your points (so you could enjoy some of the 'other stuff' you have been) for a bit then migrating into Core 100% to see if it will work for you. Remember that you don't have to switch forever...if you don't like it or it doesn't work for you you can always go back to what you were doing before.

Secondly find simple recipes to cook. Follow them to a 'T' and then try to experiment with what you like or modify a recipe to your tastes. That is the best way to learn to cook.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:57 PM   #10  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

This is my third week on Core. I love it! Its easy and I don't feel hungry. With Points I avoided fruits and vegies. I didn't want to waste my precious Points. I feel like I am eating much healthier this way.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:59 AM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mals1
....With Points I avoided fruits and vegies. I didn't want to waste my precious Points. ...
Why did you avoid veggies since most of them were ZERO points anyway. And most fruits were only 1 point.

I realize a lot of people forgot to eat healthy on Flex but if more of them would have paid attention to the PointsPies they wouldn't have felt this way. You can eat healthy on Flex with 20-22 points a day...most people starting that would leave all their Flex and some of their daily for those things that they 'didn't want to waste their points on because they wanted this or that...'

Just a thought?

Last edited by Kelly_S; 09-23-2004 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:31 PM   #12  

I myself never did flex points, but counting calories I definitely did not eat healthy. If I had 70 calories to spend I'd be eating a tootsie pop, never an apple. I almost felt like I would die without my junk food. I've been trying core for the past couple days and I've been having some trouble adjusting, but I think once I adjust it will be a great plan for me to stick to. My problems right now are overeating the core foods, and then I even binged on non-core foods. I'm planning on eating nothing but core for the rest of the week since I binged. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:50 AM   #13  

I can agree with Anne regarding the fruits- when coutning pts I am very unlikely to spend my pts on them, I likedto save them up for something bigger. But I do pile a lot of veggies in to help fill me up! I find that CORE is helping me to eat healthier in that way, I eat fruit at least 3 or 4 times a day now. (It's easy, I always have a ton on hand for my daughter and her friends!)
Old 10-04-2004, 12:20 PM   #14  
VancIslandGirl

Does anyone know where I can get the Core Food List ?
Old 10-04-2004, 12:59 PM   #15  

Gareau: Just do a search for WW Core program. There are several places to find the basic list.
Closed Thread