Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 02:57 PM   #1  

Default Cereal with milk

Hi there:

What's the point of having to have ff milk with your cereal in order for it to be core? The wording is rather ambigous and could actually be taken as cereal is only core if the milk you have with it is ff, not that you have to have milk with it. Any thoughts? I don't drink milk.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:20 PM   #2  

One thing that occurred to me when I saw the requirement that cereal be eaten with either skim milk or ff yogurt was that it was to stop people from mindlessly munching handful after handful of dry cereal as a snack.

A good question to ask at your meeting.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Two ideas come to mind - -

milk is high in protein and can offset some of the nasty stuff that happens to some people when the eat carbs.

2nd, milk is mostly water, and the cereals are very high in fiber. It is beneficial to take water w/ high fiber amounts.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:42 PM   #4  

my leader said that it was to stop the munching.....
Old 09-09-2004, 05:09 PM   #5  

My leader said that it was to stop people from using the cereal in unconventional ways (as breading, etc.) and taking in more than they normally would...
Old 09-10-2004, 08:35 AM   #6  

okay, so it sounds like the consensus is that as long as I eat it as a bowl of cereal and not as a day long munching fest I'm okay without the milk. I usually drink water with breakfast so that'll work for the high fiber thing.

Thanks guys
Old 09-10-2004, 04:14 PM   #7  

Must be eaten with milk. I think that was said before or you will have to count the points. Cereal + milk is much more satisfying because it adds protein.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:51 PM   #8  
Working My Way Back Down

Default Cereal WIth Milk

We were told also that you have cereal with milk or yogurt so that you don't use it as a mindless snack. In fact if you read the whole Core list, you'll note that most of the foods require sitting down and paying attiont while eating them - very few except fruits are things you can eat with your hands. By being mindful of what you're eating, you eat less. That being said, if you don't like milk, but you still sit down and eat your cereal from a bowl with a spoon, I'd say you've met the spirit of the program if not the actual rule! And, honestly, there are no WW police who are going to come and haul you off for not eating your cereal with milk/yogurt! The same as they are not going to get me for eating Cheerios as core, when technically they are not.
Closed Thread