Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:49 PM   #1  

Default To use the points or not?

Hello all!
ok call me curious george if you must but i remember when some when on flex did to low of points and had a hard time losing,when they upped it they lost faster..
so my question is are you using the full 35(or trying to) and how much are you losing a week?
Or are you trying not to and how is your weight lose?

thanks in advance!
hugs
Niccii
Old 09-01-2004, 11:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I've only been doing Core since last tuesday.. and I have 10 weekly pts left. I wi on friday so I'll have left over for this week but on flex I used everyone of them and lost just fine and I want to do that with this one too but I'm still getting used to everything. But it is an interesting topic!
Old 09-02-2004, 06:56 AM   #3  
Janette

I had 25 left over last week and I lost 2 lbs. I think the difference from Core and Flex is that you eat more on core because you are not limited to points if you eat Core only. On Flex I had 22 points a day which I found very limiting. Although the flex points were there, they really didn't encourage us to use them except for special occasions or days when we ate more than we planned. But I wandered off my chain of thought--I find I don't need the Alternative points because I can eat more fruits and drink more milk so I stay satisfied and am not roaming the house all day looking for a low point snack that I can eat and still stay within my Daily Range.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:05 AM   #4  

If you remember..........last Friday I posted a "upset post" because I went crazy and used ALL 35 in 1 single meal!!! ON Saturday we are celebrating my grandfather's b-day, so I will most likely use all mine this week, I am on day 3 of my week and have used 9 so far.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:15 AM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

I used about 30 of my flexpoints (there's a new name for them, but I forget it) and lost 5.6# this week! I am thrilled with Core because I can eat when I'm hungry and I'm also checking myself against eating when I am not hungry. Novel approach--huh? Since I like a wide variety of foods I find there is always something available to me to eat when I am hungry. I happen to be avoiding bread because I have an inkling that I was eating way too much bread using the original flex plan.
Good luck to all of us.
Judy
234/216.5/200 and thinner
Old 09-02-2004, 10:19 AM   #6  

I only used about 10 of mine last week.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:25 AM   #7  

I used all of mine last week and lost three. I think that I eat a lot less on core than I did on Flex. I considered counting points a license to eat every last one that was allotted to me.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:28 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftieslady
...Although the flex points were there, they really didn't encourage us to use them except for special occasions or days when we ate more than we planned...
If your leader did this they they weren't following the program as it was written in both our books and theirs. LOL! My leader always encouraged us to eat them and for those of us on prior plans (with ranges) we tried to help the 'newbies' who joined right at Flex time to understand they were part of the program not extra. What most failed to explain about them was the fact they were the same as the difference between min-max on ranges and equivalent to banked points.

I know I lost 4 pounds last week but I am using mostly Core Foods but still following Flex but I use my TPs 1 range higher than what W/W states + all my APs about 3 a day for at least 5 days and all my 35 FPs.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 09-02-2004 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:34 PM   #9  
Janette

Actually, she was a very good leader. I got to goal on 123 which switched midstream to winning points (or the other way around). Just couldn't keep it off. When I went back they had switched to flex but the friend I joined with quit so I did too. Tried to do it at home on my own but that didn't work.
Closed Thread