Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 04:47 PM   #1  

Default Hey!

Okay. So, I haven't actually started CORE yet, so my husband and I will be doing the big "D" starting tomorrow. I went to the store, bought a bunch of fruits and veggies, bought alot of couscous and soups. I'm not the type of person who makes alot of recipes for dinner, so I figure my run of the mill meal . . . meat (chicken, beef, pork) a vegetable and a starch (usually potatoes or something, but now couscous), will be a cinch! That's usually how I cook anyway. How about turkey burgers, are they CORE? If I have shredded wheat for breakfast, that's the only time of the day I can have it, right? And, if I plan on having a piece of meat with dinner, does that mean I can't have a piece of meat at lunch? I'm not confused, I think the program is easy, they were basically the only questions I had. Thanks guys!
Old 09-19-2004, 06:17 PM   #2  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Welcome!

Turkey Burgers are allowed. However, ground meat (turkey, beef etc) are allowed only one time a day and must be 7% or less in fat. All other cuts of lean meats (beef, poultry etc) are as much as you are satisfied during the day. So another words you can have a turkey burger for lunch (no bun unless you want to count the points for the bun) and lean roast beef for dinner. Follow me?

Starches - potatoes, ww pasta, brown rice etc are limited to one serving a day.

Fresh vegies and fruit are great.

Finally...THIS IS NOT A DIET! :-) Its a lifestyle. You will hear that time and time again here. Think of it this way. When you get to goal then what? Go back to the way you were eating pre-WW? Not if you have changed your lifestyle you won't.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:01 PM   #3  

Yes, your shredded wheat would only be one meal a day with milk. Oatmeal is not limited though.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:30 PM   #4  
Janette

Welcome. Ask all the questions you want. Somehow I missed that ground beef/turkey was limited to once a day. See, you learn something new every day!
Old 09-19-2004, 07:40 PM   #5  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftieslady
Welcome. Ask all the questions you want. Somehow I missed that ground beef/turkey was limited to once a day. See, you learn something new every day!
Bottom of page 25 in the Getting Started Book from WW.
Closed Thread