Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Pam! Ouch!!! I'm so glad you were not alone, and I do hope you get relief...soon!

I saw the doctor, and the cholesterol is at intermediate risk level, the glucose is up, but not scary, and the thyroid is kaput. They will do more testing about the thyroid, increase the cholesterol meds, and we'll go from there. The thyroid could be partly responsible for the increase in the cholesterol problem. I'm grateful that I can now understand why I have been so tired. I believe that my late sister and mother both had to take thyroid medications.

I started back on the elliptical and, of course, my foot swelled...hopefully ice will fix it.

I spent hours with my two great nieces--out to lunch, shopping, shakes at Sonic (I had diet limeade!)...no wonder I'm worn out

Last edited by Tejas; 06-11-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #62  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, no wonder you're worn out. Keep us posted on what you find out.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Rhonda, I think you will be surprised at how much better you feel when you get your thyroid issues straightened out. My sis just started on thyroid hormones and feels better than she has in years. Also, she has gotten a bonus, thicker eyelashes!!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #64  

What the heck!? Now they say the retesting shows the thyroid is in normal range, and they want to test again in 3 months. Maybe the cholesterol is wrong too

Well, anyway, I'll just keep on trying to the right thing every day. Of course, my foot is swollen. Maybe that was the shopping and not the elliptical!! I really wanted that thyroid to explain the fatigue. DH says it's no mystery to him--I do too much

My great nieces couldn't be more different in terms of shopping....one is 10, the other 9, the older one is more clothes crazy. The younger one seems to get overwhelmed. I remember shopping with the older women in my family as fun and mysterious. They went to higher-end stores than the ones I take the girls to.

Last night I went grocery shopping and bought all the right foods. And, today, so far, my eating has been really something to brag about. her's to making it through the day.

I think I do a little research about cholesterol. In my case, it's not just the numbers, but the type of particles.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #65  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that's good news about your tests. I wouldn't be surprised if shopping caused your foot to hurt.
Congratulations on your food today. Mine is good, too.

I took our grands shopping today. We wore each other out pretty fast. We were all still tired from swimming yesterday. Guess what I bought today. An ankle bracelet. I'm so cute!

I remember shopping downtown Fort Worth when I was a young girl. The Fair was one of our favorite places. There was another large department store downtown that started with an "M." I liked it, too, but right now I can't remember the name. When we went, it was an event. Today shopping with younger girls is still an event. They are all building a lot of fond memories. Don't you feel good getting to share these experiences?
We stopped at Braum's. The girls got ice cream. I had a Diet Coke. Don't know if I can do that again, though. Our upcoming trip is helping keep me focused.

Last edited by ontarget; 06-12-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #66  

Sandra---Meachem's? Monnings?

If my health doesn't focus me, perhaps a 50th high school reunion in October will?

Vicki--how's the weather?

Last edited by Tejas; 06-12-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #67  
focused and aiming

Miss Meachems. I never bought much there but enjoyed browsing.

Rhonda, a 50th will do it. You're beautiful already.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #68  

evening ladies.

Rhonda, glad your tests turned out ok. I feel my thyroid is not right, but the tests say different. My last test measured the particles and they say that is the test we need these days. It said I'm at risk for type 2 diabetes.

I am able to walk now. sloan, I will look up that info. Back is still in pain, but coming along.

Sandra, congrats on your loss this week. Great control to order a diet coke. I would have had an ice cream cone.

it was in 90s today and humid. I hate when it gets so hot you can't enjoy the outside
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #69  
focused and aiming

Pam, I am glad you're able to get around better. Please be careful.

Today we ready to fly to Seattle tomorrow. We're excited. My plan for this trip is to maintain. I may not be online Fri-Tues. I'm not taking the computer. I should be back here later this evening to tell ya'll good-bye. Have a great day!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #70  
focused and aiming

Ya'll have a great weekend.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #71  

Have fun, Sandra!

Pam, glad to hear that you feel better.

My eating has been really good all week. I went to see the trainer as usual on Thursdays, and I added in the elliptical. More ice for the foot!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #72  

Vickie....did you get blown away?
Old 06-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #73  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi!!!!! Sorry....I've been running around like a crazy chick. I'll be here to catch up soon. The storm was VERY frightening but we survived with no damage. Was at the farmers' market today and had to buy a new printer. Tomorrow our new battery backup sump pump is being installed and I have a mani/pedi appointment. Sunday should be a pj day and I hope to catch up with all of you then.

Thanks for asking about me!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote