S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm so sorry, Rhonda!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Sloan.

He has been in such poor health for 5 years--scleroderma, prostate cancer, lymphoma, pulmonary fibrosis. I spoke to his wife, who is one of my very best friends, and it was good to hear that he had a gentle passing, not gasping or struggling. She said that a friend and the hospice at home nurse were both there so she was not alone, thank goodness.

The wedding was fun and Doyle got to see some of his family members (Sandra, it was Marianna's wedding...). We ate too many carbs of course.

Tomorrow a number of people who were involved with the unhappiness at church are coming to my house for a pot luck of Mexican food. It will be fun....and too many carbs! But, I'm ready for a Margarita!

Last edited by Tejas; 05-18-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #18  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you have a wonderful outlook. I'm so glad your friend had people around to be with them during his passing. I don't remember Marianna. I'm guessing she is a Hill. I'm glad you and Doyle had a good time. Carbs sound good to me. Sounds like cake. A favorite carb of mine. Well, margaritas, too.

We had a fun day. We got to be with several archers then lunch and shopping. Now I'm settled in reading----I mean watching-----the end of "The Tudors, Season 1" on Netflix. I really feel like I'm reading a book. There are 3 more seasons. I'm really really really enjoying this!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #19  

i haven't watched the Tudors...should do that...

I'm having wine and cheetos

Last edited by Tejas; 05-18-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #20  

What a wonderful 2 days at my nephew's wedding in Ga !!
I got to spend time with so many extended family member's that I haven't seen in years.... and a few new arrivals !!

On the way down on Friday I was right behind a terrible crash and stopped and helped with an injured little 7 year old girl. Her mom was too injured to be with her, so I stayed with her until they transported her. She totally stole my heart
and I plan to try to contact the family to see if I can help in any way. It appeared that her injuries were serious but not life threatening, which is a miracle because the SUV rolled several times and she was thrown from the SUV .
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Wow, Nancy! You were that little girl's angel on Friday! I know that family is suffering, but are you okay? Sometimes things like that take a toll on us that we don't realize until later. It's a good idea to contact the family; that will help you resolve any issues it may have caused you, and the family will benefit, too! You go girl!!!

Rhonda, is there a particular "wine pairing" for cheetos?

Sandra, thanks for the info on the Tudors. I am always looking for a series to watch. We cancelled our cable, so we watch a lot of Netflix.

Rainy day here in Middle Tennessee, hope you chickies have a wonderful Sunday! I will be writing a paper
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #22  
focused and aiming

Nancy, you are definitely an angel. I knew you were a wonderful person already but this reconfirms.

Rhonda and Sloan, I highly recommend "The Tudors." There are 4 seasons (38 episodes total). I finished Season 1 yesterday. Loving it!!

Cheetos/wine sound good to me. I bought some Quaker Popped Chips (salsa flavored) and also some spicy hummus. Tastes like bean dip and Fritos. (If you have a good imagination, of course.)

We're heading to church in a few minutes, then to lunch, then to a local archery tournament. It should be a fun day.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #23  

Nancy....you were her for sure..

In my experience, almost any wine is good with Cheetos. but, I could explore that more fully.

I'm glad that you have an imagination, Sandra

My party went fine. I'm going out tonight to hear some Cuban jazz....it's fitting because my friend Marvin established the Ottawa-Cuban jazz connection, which brought Jazz musicians from Cuba to Ottawa for years.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #24  

Thanks for your kind words..It was heartbreaking because she had just been released from Duke Hospital for another serious medical issue..Kid's should not have to endure stuff like that..

Cheetos & wine..

Sloan..It made me very nervous driving the rest of the trip & home ..But probably will make me be more attentive. I have definitely been "processing" it a lot..

I just got home from the wedding in Ga and was able to meet both my boys today in Charlotte, NC ( half way home) to celebrate my youngest turning 21 tomorrow..Glad to be home..

I am going to check out The Tudor's..I love to find a series on Netflix that I like.
I don't have cable either, because Netflix seems to be enough for me ...

Cuban Jazz !! Rhonda, you do such fun things !!!!!

I ate some pretty amazing food all weekend at the rehersal dinner & reception & with my sons today. I will probably have a weight set back, so I need to focus this week.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #25  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up here in the middle of the night. Can't sleep. Having anxiety and not sure why. We went to another of our birthday celebrations this weekend with friends and I saw myself in pictures and it is NOT good. Sometimes it takes a good picture to give one the slap in the face they need. I know the scale is bad but sometimes seeing it in print is really more shocking. Despite that shock, we had a very, VERY nice time. It is great to have good close friends, especially the ones who love me no matter what size I am. These folks fit the bill.

Sandra, I really wish all of you Chicks could have been at the party. It was so much fun. Great conversation and laughs with good friends. I can't believe you are tutoring again. I guess it will keep you young! Pop Chips (never tried them) and spicy hummus, huh? I'll give it a try. I'm so bored with everything I have. What brand hummus? I love Sabra brand. I like the hot one and the garlic one. How did you do at the archery event?

Rhonda, glad you had fun at the wedding but very sad for your friend's husband. She'll need your support for sure. As we all know, it is still hard no matter how braced you think you are for the end. How was the pot luck?

Nancy, WOW, what a shocking story! So glad you were there to help that little girl. She will never forget you or your kindness.

Sloan, hope your paper went well. We will have rain for the next 3 days. I'm ok with that though because then I don't have to spend money to water!

Pam, you sound like you are as crazy busy as we are here. I couldn't sleep tonight but I find I'm enjoying the quiet and the dark.

Now....as for the Tudors....Jim and I watched all 4 seasons and loved it. Lots of skin though! We also watched the whole series of Everwood and liked it a lot too. Gilmore Girls is another snappy, witty series if you've never seen it.

Ok...off to do some surveys to earn credits to earn myself an Amazon card so I can support my romance novel habit!

We are supposed to have lots of rain here today, some severe. Ugh.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #26  

Like Vickie, I was up before dawn. The wind was blowing, the dog was pacing and I couldn't go back to sleep. I think I can now though.

The pot luck was good Vickie---it was Mexican themed and there are some good cooks in the group.

This week needs to be a real focus group for me too. I met a young woman at the wedding who had lost 103 pounds--and I can't get even half of that done.

I have cousins in OKC and area...but they're all all right. Sloan, is your DD OK?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #27  
Southside White Sox Fan

How did she lose the 103 pounds, Rhonda? I'm still up but am heading up for a bubble bath. I'm certain to sleep in there.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, 103 pounds is amazing. I'm still losing/relosing the same 10.

Vickie, it's Sabra Supremely Spicy. I just had some and my nose is running. I don't like seeing photos of myself now either. That's why our scrapbook is wayyyyyy behind. Life goes on.

I am going to watch Season 2 Episode 1 now. Ya'll have a good evening.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #29  

She did WW at work. I heard from a friend that she is using my fitness pal app on her phone and has lost 20 pounds.

Still haven't heard from cousin in OKC--FB family thinks she may be at the Y and that that is OK.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I hope your cousin is all right. Are any storms heading toward you? This is all scary. I am so upset especially about the elementary students in Moore. I can't tell you how that hits home with me. I spent many hours having students duck and cover when I was teaching. Scary.