Chat: Core/Simply Filling: May 1-15

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • I posted here earlier, but the post isn't here. Don't know what happened.

Three more days of tutoring left. After that one day of subbing late next week. After that--summer vacation for me!!!! I am not subbing the last part of May.

I am OP. Life is good.
  • I was in the hot tub, after a day of working in the yard. I have put out 10 bags of mulch and I have twice that left to do.

I also put out some more plants and poisoned some fire ants. I usually live and let live, but not those guys.

Glad to hear you're taking some time off, Sandra.

We're expecting rain, and that would be nice.
  • I had a caffienatied Diet Coke last night at the movies and couldn't sleep
    til the wee hours of the morning...

Nice & Sunny here !! Yay..

I am catching up some paperwork then I need to let some water out of the pool so it skims properly.

Feedback on one of the 3 showings is a no go, hope the others liked it better,
  • Rhonda, you're getting a lot of yardwork done. How about photos when you get a chance?

Nancy, I hope one of your viewers says, "Yes."

I made pinto beans/ham, cabbage, roasted cauliflower, cornpones, pickled beets (can), fresh green onion (Our garden) for dinner. It was what I call a "Country Dinner." Good!!! (9 pts)
  • Hey chickies, I have been checking up on y'all but have been very busy. I am counting the days until summer!

Rhonda, I need some yard work done. Do you hire yourself out?

Sandra, your supper sounds so good! Can I come over?

Nancy, I hope your house sells soon! Will you keep showing it through the summer?

I am sitting on my porch and a cool breeze is blowing. The birds are singing, and it is so peaceful! I love this time of year!
  • It's nice weather here too..

All 3 showing's were "no's" yesterday..I am having a great big pity party over it too..Most say they want more updates..But if I do those updates that runs up how much I have in the house..Maybe if they saw what it looked like 2 years ago

I really want to just work and have no yard to deal with..
    Patience !!

My youngest boy finished his exams today to complete his 3rd year of college..
    He had a great semester & I don't think I want to know what he is up to tonight LOL..He turns 21 in a week .
  • You dinner sounds great, Sandra.

Nope, I don't hire out for yard work I can barely get mine done. I could try pictures I bet.

Selling houses can be upsetting---but, I bet you'll have good luck and get what you wish for.

We had some rain, but not nearly enough.

I still haven't made it to the elliptical. But, I'll try tomorrow. I do go to the trainer twice a seek and that's better than not!

Nancy, you're a wise mother--don't ask too many questions.
  • Sloan, come on over. Then can I come over and sit on the porch with you?

Nancy, about your son. Tell him to be safe.

Rhonda, twice a week is wonderful. You have muscle not marshmallows. I have marshmallows.

One more day!!!! Monday is it!!! We're going to spend it giving pep talks and giving moral support. I hope someone lets me know who passes that test next Tuesday. I will be on pins and needles. I'm OP.
  • Yep, I got muscles..you should see me hauling bags of mulch like they're almost nothing.

DH and I were very bad today. We got a triple hot fudge sundae and shared it with the dog. We didn't give her the chocolate of course, but she liked the whipping cream and her dollop of ice cream quite a bit. We all enjoyed it.

Rain and storms around us, and mostly south of us...did you get the storms, Sandra?

I guess you all know about the explosion in West, Texas. Did you know that the Texas Rangers have been called in. Now that is serious law enforcement.
  • Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hot fudge sundae...... Was it from Braum's?

Rhonda, we got .9 inches of rain. Yihooo!!!!!

I hadn't heard about the Texas Rangers being called in. Our dil is principal at the school where I've been tutoring. The other day she took a group of students (10-12 year olds) to West Intermediate School to deliver $1500 they had raised. She said they got to tour the school building and visit some classrooms. Everyone felt really good after that visit.

We just had left overs from Thursday evening's garden vegetable dinner. If I were on old CORE, it would have been 0 pts--and WAS IT AMAZINGLY GOOD!!!!

Now I'm doing some "cook ahead" stuff. Life is good.
  • Ok...there is SUGAR in the air here too! Just finished cleaning house and getting ready to celebrate our birthdays with our family. Dinner out at Granite City and a homemade lemon cake with homemade lemon buttercream frosting.

Three more celebrations to go after today.

Kisses and hugs.

P.S. Got our window estimate and you all almost lost me because I feel like my heart stopped. The two quarter rounds and the one half round were almost $10,000 by themselves!!!! Lordy...and we have 24 windows besides those. Sigh.

Be back soon, I hope.
  • Vickie. But your windows will be awesome. Your birthday cake sounds delicious. You're going to be tired of celebrating by the end. But enjoy!

Okay, I'm off here to have some sf jello. (Is this really me?)
  • $10,000!? Wow. Good luck!

Yes, it was Braums, Sandy...what else?

Today i was good though....eggs for breakfast, and a vegetable plate tonight. I had some home-made no added sugar cookies...you know the oatmeal and applesauce kind.

I worked in the yard again. I hurt all over and am headed for the hot tub.
  • Happy Mother's Day to all of you. I got a sweet card from DH's grandkids, to whom I am "Nana." I love it.
  • Happy Mother's Day, everyone. I know this is a sad/happy day for most. I feel it, too. But like I tell Curtis, "It's a beautiful day."