Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #61  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, we're watching NOVA right now. A few minutes ago, we saw a small bunny in our backyard. My feet are talking to me, too. I did a lot of walking around the classroom today. I'm no where near in shape.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I posted this afternoon, and when I got back on here, my post was gone. Oh well. I just got home from painting class, and I am bushed, so have a great night, y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #63  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I read your post too fast and thought you'd said you were "brushed."

Have a great night!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #64  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've had my second boot in the butt Doctor's visit and I must now get serious....serious...serious. Nothing is dangerous but I am SO headed in the wrong direction. HDL is low although above 40 but the trigylcerides have gone up and the LDL is not great which is all exercise.

I keep waiting for my life to be stress free and to have lots of time and now I must admit that will never happen. So I need to try to push through and hope that the exercise will even help with some of the stress. Though it never has EVER given me a high.

We've been eating out and in general medicating with food and that needs to stop except for our birthday celebrations which will happen about 5 times next month.

I really am ashamed that I'm always starting over.

So....you're stuck with me because I know when I'm here every day, I do well.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #65  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I'm starting over again, too. We never give up. That's the main thing. I'm so glad you're going to be getting here more often. I been a-missin' ya!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #66  
focused and aiming

We had salmon and a baked potato for dinner.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #67  

Height: 5'4"

Vickie..
I am the same way about saying I am going to start exercising when my life is less stressful. Same about eating..I always think I deserve to eat anything after the kinda day I have had.

I have to think different too..

If I could get through the day til dinner with protein shakes, salad & soups, I think I could do better..

My ear surgery went fine..The numbing part hurt so much I thought he was doing the surgery..I even asked him if he was planning to numb it first.
But after that it was okay..I do have a killer headache and the numbing is wearing off..but I am glad its over..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #68  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I'm glad your surgery is over. You take it easy. I would probably be wanting ice cream if I were you.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:48 AM   #69  

ugh..My head & ear hurt & I can't sleep !!
Sitting awake worrying about everything I can think of, feeling quite sorry for myself ;(
I think I will try to watch a netflix movie if I can find one I like..

Rhonda..I like The Life of Pi also..

I plan to purge some attic stuff tomorrow if I feel up to it..
Hoping to reduce the amount I will have to put in storage ..
I rarely use 3/4's of the stuff in my attic, so why do I keep it all ???

No showings on the house since Monday which worries me, I may be stuck in this house ..maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing..I have wondered about renting a room to someone that would help with the yard..

The NC Speech conference is in Raleigh Wed thru tomorrow. I wanted to go tomorrow but don't think I am going to feel like it if right now is any sign. I am usually tough..what happened LOL..

Sandra..I am not a huge Ice Creme fan , but some mac & cheese or chips & dip sound good right now..that's my comfort food.. Robin would have made me potato soup and his special gingerale & OJ drink.
Sorry to ramble..

Last edited by nancy237; 04-26-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #70  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Service engine soon light came on last night. Jim is at dealer seeing what the problem is. We only have one car so it's important. We are buying a new car in July and have extended warranty until then but still it's stressful. I will NOT eat over this or the entire house of new windows we need to buy and then the new window treatments because the old won't fit. May need to find a job.

But I will not eat over this.

Nancy, glad your ear is better. I couldn't sleep either last night. Went to bed at midnight; got back up and surfed until 2 am. Tired now but I'm heading to the treadmill.

Sandra, got bless our determination!

Hey to Rhonda, Sloan, Pam and Mary Ann!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #71  
focused and aiming

{{{{{Nancy}}}}} I hope today is better for you and that you get to go to the conference tomorrow if you want. Your comfort foods sound good to me, too.

Vickie, you have a lot going on. I'm glad you're sticking with your plan. Hang in there.

We're going to Cotton Patch Restaurant for lunch today. I am having grilled fried catfish, green beans, and steamed veggies.

Last edited by ontarget; 04-26-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

No, we can't wait for the stress to pass. When it does, they put us 6 feet under! I just keep saying "this too will pass."

Nancy, sorry you're hurting!

We did tap practice yesterday on the so-called stage we're dancing on tomorrow. It is cement, and it hurts like %(#)$* from my foot to my hips. Why do we even do this. I am going to investigate the cost of renting a wood floor for next year. This is ridiculous.

I made a big breakfast for us and there is a pot roast in the crock pot. The weather is strange, overcast and still. There is no storm predicted for us, but north of us is going to really get it badly, so they say.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #73  

Hey chicks! Sounds like we need a big group hug! I found out today that I had upset someone at work by interrupting them during a meeting. Blaming that on my ADD, because I would never intentionally act that way. Anyway, the teacher, who is actually a friend, was kind and brave to tell me how she felt. She was very private, and I appreciated that. Of course, I apologized and we discussed how to handle a situation like that in the future. Now, I keep mulling the situation over and over. When I read Vickie's comment about feeling ashamed, my first thought was, NO! Never feel ashamed! Then I realized that I need to say that to myself, too! As Aibileen said, we is kind, we is smart, we is important!! Why are we so quick to "hate on" ourselves? I pray that you who are hurting physically find comfort, and I pray that you who are hurting emotionally find comfort as well. I am so glad that I have you chicks! I love you all!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #74  

Thanks everyone..
Got a good nap in today and this evening is much better..
I have been working around the pool and in the attic some..

I decide that I am going to work on the attic for a few days straight but when I get up there I think "that is too much, I will just do a few boxes a day"
So many boxes of little stuff that I have to look thru because some special stuff ended up thrown together with junk..I used to bring a few boxes to the dining room where I could go through it , but that is harder when the house has to be ready to show..

Having spinach salad and homemade mushroom soup for dinner..

Sandra..catfish sounds good
Rhonda..cement sounds like it would be hard to dance on..
Sloan..sorry about the conflict, sounds like you handled it great..
Old 04-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #75  

Nancy, if you are just starting to go through boxes, I have a suggestion. I have done this, but for only a few boxes so far. When you go through your boxes, make an index card for each box. Number the box and make a corresponding card with the box number and list of contents. Later when you want to find something, you don't have to dig through boxes. Just look through your card file, locate the box number you need, and "easy-peasy", you have found the item without a lot of digging.