Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Sometimes I think that when our doggie goes to the great dog park in the sky that I will get a cat---then I think about the foxes and coyotes that we have here even in suburbia. I imagine I'll be without pets after this one.

Just watching the news about Boston....what on earth were those young men thinking? We might never know.

Thanks, Sloan, the Mobic is working wonders I think.

I'm not even looking at the math site!!!! Oh, OK, I will.

I am so upset--I actually gained the 3 pounds I lost, and gained 3 more--how the blankety blank blank is this happening. OK, very low carb for me for two weeks, starting NOW.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #32  

Sloan

Keep it up girl !!!!
If you hit 140 it will inspire me !!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #33  

...glad to hear the cat is back
Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I'm glad your cat came home. And I hear ya on leaves in the pool. In my "other life", we had an inground pool. I loved it, but my "then" husband didn't.

Sloan.

My first mini goal is to reach 180. I am 13 pounds away.

Rhonda, I had regained quite a bit. What would we do if we didn't need to lose weight? Well, we'd probably be doing a lot of things, wouldn't we?

Day 3

Last edited by ontarget; 04-19-2013 at 01:53 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

I'm subbing in credit recovery classes today. This is being one of the easiest days I've ever had subbing. Right now I have 2 young ladies. We ate lunch together. They had dessert. I had a banana. Does this sound like me?

Antique Alley began today. Hwy 4 from Maypearl to Cleburne will be a hassle. But AA is always exciting. We have it twice a year.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #36  

Sandra, I don't think the weight is keeping me from doing things. It's just not healthy or as attractive as i want to be, and have been. I am finding that the cholesterol drug is really affecting my stamina, and when I go back to the MD I'm asking to go off of them so that I can exercise more efficiently and effectively.

This afternoon my friend Ann in NYC underwent an amputation of her leg. I knew nothing until I knew this. But, for a week she has been battling another infection and she's lost this battle. I feel so sorry for her. She has told me for years that this is what she dreads, being hacked away one piece at a time. (She has Type 1 Diabetes). They were hoping to take it off below the knee but wouldn't know until the got her into surgery. I haven't heard yet, and she may still be in surgery.

So, Sandra, I join you in having someone very close who has had to endure this.

The news has just said the suspect is "alive and in custody." Whew.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. When my brother told me he was going to have his amputation, he told me that Grandmother cried when she heard he had diabetes. She told him, "Oh, they're going to cut off your legs." She told him that about 40 years ago and he still remembers it. Sad....

And I think you're beautiful. I understand your wanting to lose and feel better, but I want you to know you're a gorgeous woman.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #38  

Rhonda..so sorry to hear about Ann..keep us posted

I was hoping the news would be "dead & in custody", but I am glad they have him..

AA sounds fun..

I made turkey chili tonight from a recipe a friend gave me.. It has to cook
for a while to blend the flavors, but I don't think it will be a keeper recipe for me ..Seems on the sweet side..After it is done I can add a few things to
customize it ..

There is an 8 week short term position about 45 minutes north of me that I may look into on Monday..I want to do it but dread the juggling of other things
during that time..
Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Nancy, tweak that chili and make it yours. (Words of wisdom ) Nancy, it's hard to go back to work. There's never enough time. I wish you the best.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #40  

Ann's son just called. They took the leg off just below the knee, but they are not convinced they can stop there. They'll know more tomorrow.

Diabetes is just awful. And, this woman has taken good care of herself. Sandra, I can just imagine that your brother heard that forever. It's too true, even today.

Sandra, you're gorgeous too---I saw your reunion pictures!

Nancy, good luck with the job!

At least since he's alive, we might be able to find out if they operated alone and the injured and families can see him brought to justice.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Rhonda, I am praying for Ann. I am so sorry your friend is having to go through this!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I am so sorry about Ann. I can't imagine how she must feel thinking she might have to go back in for more surgery. So far Jim has not had to have anything done to his right leg. I will keep Ann in my thoughts. I feel so sorry for her.

Yes, diabetes is a nightmare. I have watched my brother suffer for over 40 years. He has multi health problems. Sad.

On a happier note--thank you Rhonda for the compliment. I really enjoyed the school reunion. My weight was (is) up but I didn't let it get to me like I usually do. I had a blast! And I don't think anybody was pointing any fingers at me about being fat. Oh what we do to ourselves with our minds!

Day 4

I cooked us a high carb bfast today. My portion was 7 pts. We'll see if I can lose eating like this.

Last edited by ontarget; 04-20-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #43  

I'm trying to keep carbs to 150 a day, eaten in the early part of the day.

I've also been able to walk a mile a day, and hope to be able to increase that soon.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #44  

Had such a fun day trip with a friend yesterday..Explored Historic Halifax,NC.
Hiked some and almost stepped on a huge snake.
Ran across a fishing tournament on Roanoke River that was fun to observe..

Today is a beautiful day here. Daughter's family is coming for a cookout
this afternoon..We are doing hamburgers but I can eat one without the bun &
eat salad...

I am going back and removing references I have made about my friend's niece..
The journalist & media have been harrassing them and people they know
for the story..

Last edited by nancy237; 04-21-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

Rhonda and Nancy, you both sound in control of your eating.

We had lunch with friends today. I am still fighting nausea from the antibiotics the doctor has me taking. I didn't eat much. (not like me) Other than nausea, I feel great.

Antique Alley is winding down. We gave our bikes away to a cute family. We put them out by the road with a "free" sign on them. Glad someone's going to get some good from them.