Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) March 1-15

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Nancy, you might have been affected by the mold and mildew that builds up in the leaves. Lots of people are sensitive to mold. Next time you blow leaves, you may need to wear a mask. My two cents worth!
  • Maryann, I'm sorry for your loneliness. You're usually so upbeat. I hope you're back to your happy self soon.

Rhonda, your meal sounds good. I can just hear Doyle. I know he was teasing with love. Sounds like Uncle Oscar for sure.

Nancy, I'm taking the allergy shot series now. I get a dose of "molds" in my right arm 3 times a week. Wearing a mask sounds much better than that.

I got back OP Saturday morning after our Friday night foodfest. I won't step onto the scales till Wednesday morning.

at Vickie, Pam, and Sloan, and all others. I hope you're all having a stupendous Sunday.

Okay, I'm through playing with smileys now. Wish I could give each of you a big cyber hug. You're all special friends. Have a good evening. I'll be back tomorrow.
  • Nancy, I am reactive to mold/mildew in the leaves, so I often wear a mask when I do a lot of raking. (I don't like moldy cheeses or mushrooms very much either )

I ate well today, even though I had a Braum's hamburger. I blotted the meat patty to get rid of extra fat and gave the dog the half of the bun with the fat sopped up into it
  • I am impressed, Rhonda. Kiera must have been a happy puppy.

Nancy, I am allergic to mushrooms as well. I like them, but they don't like me.

We had potato soup for dinner. Now it will be fruit the rest of the evening.
  • Nice day..It was just to pretty to be inside.

Once I got outside I got lots done..
    The deck cleaned, leaves, cleaned the roadway of litter..

It is starting to look better..
  • Hi Ladies

Nothing new,just trying to get used to day light saving time this morning it was so dark when getting up had to turn on the light.

Made my favorite SB roasted veggies that are cooling off so I can put them in a bowl and eat them cold with Italian Dressing on them.

Don't know if I will be making a corned beef dinner on St Patrick's Day. My friend Rita is going down to NY to be in the Parade and my friend Mary is down in Fla for the Boston Red Sox training games. Another woman in my Church group is going down the Fla for the same reason.

Cooking for one is not fun if you don't have someone to cook for. I guess I could always freeze for the next meal. I have to think it over.

Quote:
    Maryann, you are so awesome...losing weight, and handling the loneliness...keep on going! I can get lonely right in the middle of a great big crowd!
    RHONDA-Thanks,for your kind words,It just the blase that I had yesterday but once I went to the scholarship dinner in the late afternoon I was fine again.

NANCY-Sorry about your throat hurting and being sore,Gargle with salt water always helps me.

Quote:
    Maryann, I'm sorry for your loneliness. You're usually so upbeat. I hope you're back to your happy self soon.
    SANDRA-Thanks, I'm over that today,I think I just missed my movie buddy yesterday.My friend Rita comes from Ireland and she talks about potato soup I would like to add leeks to the soup. The next time I go to the supermarket and get potatoes I will make the soup.

Have a great day
  • Maryann, I'm glad you're in better spirits today. I don't like for you to be sad.

Nancy, I spent the afternoon outdoors, too. I love this kind of weather.
  • I am headed to bed early tonight.

It's been such a nice evening to work outside !!

My realtor has someone from out of town that wants a house with a pool and
    she wanted to know if I would show it before it's officially on the market.
    I told her sure, as long as they know that spring yard cleanup isn't finished..
    So I think that is Wed..It will be good because it will put me in high gear
    tomorrow..

Rhonda..thanks for the cyber hug !!! I guess we are all too spread out to
    have a chicks beach weekend this summer..Wouldn't that be fun..
  • Nancy, send us directions to your house!

Here is a You Tube video of the house I owned in Toronto. It is much as I left it, except I didn't have any dark walls. I sold in the fall of '09 (for 307,0000) and the video is from the summer of '11. I don't know what it sold for, and I think it has been sold once again. I lived in it 21 years, and it had only 3-4 owners before me...built in the 20's. Selling for over $450. a square foot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TMdpCs0pvM
  • Rhonda..I love that house..The colors they used are great too..

So much for being in high gear today..more like neutral..
    I feel horrible, congested & chest hurts..
    Went to bed at 9 last night and slept 12 hours..
    Still feel like going back to bed..

It was pretty yesterday and I left a pile of leaves in the drive that
    I thought I would do today..Now I feel bad & its raining..
    I need to do something with them before the showing tomorrow...
  • Quote: Nancy, send us directions to your house!
    That would be fun, but I hope I am not here much longer !!
  • I just read this post about how a lady gets herself up in the morning to exercise...It was so clever, I thought I would share...I might try this...

I set my cell phone alarm and turn it up loud. Then I get out my workout clothes and put them in a pile far away from my bed. Then I bury my cell phone in the middle of them. When my alarm goes off, I have to get out of bed to shut it up and by then I've got my clothes in my arms so might as well put them on and get on with my workout!
  • I loved the house too, Nancy. There were some rough times in it, but mostly a lot of love. And, I so enjoyed creating the garden and taking care of the place.

I used to be out to the gym early in the mornings..now, it's coffee and the paper/internet!

Tapping at 8:15 is enough!

Sorry you don't feel well...I"m taking a nap!
  • Rhonda, thank you for sharing your house with us. I can feel the love you have for it. I can also feel your love for your new home. Your new home is so loving and inviting. Hmmmmm.....maybe that's you causing all this.

Nancy, I wish I could come help you clean your yard for the viewing. Take care of yourself. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Just finished watching "Dallas" and J. R.'s funeral. I cried. Now it's time for some fun and laughter. My friend's coming out around 5. She'll be bringing both.
  • Sandra, thanks! I do love my new home. I walk through it almost everyday saying "I can't believe this is mine!" I went from the smallest house I ever lived in to the largest one

J.R.? Aw, you're such a sentimental one

I just had a great nap. I went out for lunch with friends and had a falafel. it was not worth the calories. NC Texas is not the place for Mediterranean food, but I've heard there is another place in town, and I'll try that.