Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) March 1-15

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Rhonda, you sound like you're doing great.

Sloan and Rhonda, your cruises sound like fun. Photos!

I subbed today. Just finished dinner. I have 1 point left for this evening, but I will prob just eat fruit.
  • Cruises sound great...

I have been working on cleaning , organizing & yard work..
    Kinda ready for a change from that same ol, same ol !!

Eating has been consistent. Protein shakes for breakfast,
    Low Carb mostly for the other 2 meals ..But also having some fruit..
    Sorta nice to stay off the scales and just try to eat healthy..

Plan to make a Zucchini & Mushroom Lasagna tonight with left over fresh mozzerella.
  • Sloan..Way to go with the awards !!!
  • Sloan, I apologize for not congratulating you sooner. What's wrong with me? Congratulations to you and your students!!

Nancy, your food sounds really healthy. I am OP for 4 days now.
  • Hi Ladies

Sorry to be MIA again,along with Lent and upping my schedule at the nursing homes I don't have much time to post.

Other than that I do make time for my Friends to meet them for lunch,but I have to be careful with all the restaurant eating or the scale will go up again.Went with Rita to the Crab Apple yesterday and I had my first Corned Beef dinner for the Season. Now I will be attempting to make my own in tow weeks time. I hit a low of 149 the other day with my fasting,but than brought back to reality after eating with Rita yesterday of 152 this morning. Hope it just sodium and I will get rid of it my tomorrow's Official W-I day.

We are really having a weird weekend in weather up here. Yesterday we had freezing rain and than in the later afternoon snow. Snowed all night but we only got a few inches,but now it coming down so I haven't decided if I'm going out this afternoon for the 5 wound devotions and than the stations of the cross. Its wet snow so I put Viper's ice melt down on my pathway so I don't slip tomorrow morning trying to get out of the house.

SANDRA-I now have 1/2 roaster left in my freezer for a second dinner and than a leftover chicken meal from the some bird for another dinner. My friend Rita asked when I was going back to trader joe's of the Market Basket but i have too much food in my freezer to go out and buy more.

VICKIE-Sorry your Skinny Chicken didn't come out the way you wanted.

SLOANE-Thanks for the congrats but as you see I posted above my weight is up again. Oh WOW a cruise congrats you'll love this type of vacation I always did when Leo was alive. Now I go on vacation with a tour group, it easier for me that way.

Have a great day
  • Maryann, two summers ago, I went with my mom and sister on a bus tour from Tennessee to Niagra Falls and New York City. It was a wonderful way to travel.
    By the way, I still think your weight loss is awesome!
  • Maybe I should look into group bus tours.. That sounds fun..

I found good gluten free tortilla wraps today at Whole Foods.
    I have been looking hard for these..
    Tonight I did an avocado, black bean hummus & chicken wrap..yum..
    Here is the link.
    http://www.glutenfreecat.com/2012/11...ree-tortillas/

Last night I made egg drop soup from chicken stock I made from rotisserie
    chicken left overs..Excellent and super easy..

I don't think I can have this yard & house ready in 2 weeks. I decided I would do my best and then hire help if I need to in order to list by the end of the month..Some college kids could get more done in a day in my yard than I can in a week.

Maryann..I know you are ready for some warm weather !!
  • Hi All.

Doyle and I took a cruise with a tour group from the senior center in 2011, and that's who we're going with this time too. I was so easy..just show up at the departure point with your bags and papers, and off you go...no work, no fuss, no bother.

I've been doing very well with food lately, and went to see the trainer yesterday, who just about killed me. Tomorrow I'm giving the elliptical another try. I'm just about to get tired of my foot hurting.

I went to see a production of Gypsy tonight at the community theatre...the woman who played the mother was incredibly good---ready for Broadway, I'm sure.
  • Rhonda..the production sounds nice..

It's a gorgeous day here, so I hope to get some yard work done.
    Sleep is still an issue..I go to bed at 10 & read hoping to get
    my body shifted to normal hours, but then fall asleep about 2.

I may just use that time to get something done and not go to bed until sleepy.
    I really want a normal sleep pattern before I go to work..

I lost a pound, but I am not suppposed to be counting...
  • Hi Ladies

The Water That Turned Into Ice That We Had Last Night Evaporated With The Winds That Were Blowing All Night. So This Morning The Road And The Sidewalks Were Clean.

Got The Blaze Right Now For The First Time, I Feel Lonely. I Guess I Don't Have Anything To Do Today And I Don't Feel Like Doing Housework Either.

GOT ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING AND I NOW DOWN TO 149 I FINALLY GOT OUT OF THE 150'S

SLOAN-some How The Bus Or Train Rides Are More Relaxing Than The Plane,but If You Have To Get There In A Hurry The Latter Is The Best. Thanks I'm On The Atkins Protein Shakes For Lent And Also For Health Reasons. Need To Get My A1c Down.

NANCY-Can't Wait Until Winter Is Over,but Up Here Winter Last Up To & Near The End Of May And Than Summer Arrives With The Heat The Next Month.

RHONDA-I'm So Ashamed To Admit That I Haven Walked Or Exercised The Whole Winter. I Going To Disappoint My Friend Margaret Thinking That I Will Be Ready For Our Senior Walking Group This Spring. I Must Start Riding My Bike While Watching Tv.

Have A Great Day
  • We're having a rainy weekend. Hallelujah!!!! Boy, do we need this moisture!

We just went to lunch with some new friends. Had a great time. I stayed OP. Yesterday, however, Curtis and I went to a new Mexican restaurant. The food was awesome--so was the margarita. Need I say more?

Your trips sound like fun. Our next one will be to Seattle in June. We're looking forward to that.
  • Maryann, you are so awesome...losing weight, and handling the loneliness...keep on going! I can get lonely right in the middle of a great big crowd!

We're having rain too, with threats of severe T storms, hail and a (very) slight risk of a tornado. We're supposed to go out to a B-day party and I guess we'll go unless it is actively awful weather.

My niece and I went to the gym, and I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the bike, as well as a few machines to see if my muscles still worked after the session on Thursday. I wish I could convince her to go every Saturday; it would really help me get motivated.

We had a good early dinner: broiled salmon, black rice, kale, and a fruit salsa for the fish. I made the salsa up and it was good--avocado, apricot, green onion, cherry tomato, with a balsamic vinaigrette. DH put on his best sarcasm and said "where's the dill sauce?" But, he said he liked the fruit salsa a lot. I think peach would have been better than the apricot, but it was worth trying.
  • Rhonda..That sounds like an great dinner, I have never had black rice..
    The salad sounds good too. Is that online anywhere ??

Are any of you on Pineterest ?? I know you are Sloan.
    I have found that it is a neat way to share online recipes &
    keep track of them. Then when I am at the grocery store I can
    find them on my iphone and shop for ingredients..

Had dinner at a neighbors. She made grilled chicken and an excellent edamane salad that seemed very light..When I find the recipe link online I will share..

Found It , I am not sure if this is core so I will stick it here instead of the recipe section

Edamane Garden Salad

1/2 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup natural flavor rice vinegar
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    2 cups edamame, cooked according to package directions (see Notes)
    1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 cup frozen corn, thawed
    1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
    1/2 red onion, chopped
    1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
    1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

In a small bowl, combine olive oil, rice vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper; mix well and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  • Nancy, all I did was make a balsamic vinaigrette and pour a small amount over chopped avocado, apricots (canned), cherry tomatoes and one thinly sliced green onion. Next time, I'll use peaches.

Thanks or your recipe.

I ate too much at the B-day party
  • My throat is hurting and I feel a cold coming on..

I had a long list for today, but may just do the indoor stuff
    and take it easy..I need to prepare my tax stuff for taking to my
    CPA anyway..

I blew leaves for hours yesterday and now I am wondering if stuff in the air
    could have affected my throat?? Maybe allergies ?? I already wear ear
    muffs for the sound, I will be a sight with ear muffs and a nose/mouth mask.