Daily Thread (Simply Filling/Core) February 1-15-15

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • I have eaten too many treats this weekend.
    Sent all the Birthday food that I cooked for my son-in-law home with my daughter tonight and plan to do extreme low carb now to try to get 5 more pounds off..

If I can alternate that & maintaining maybe I can keep heading in the right direction.

Rhonda , that is great about your friend getting off the ventilator so fast !!

This is funny..we were playing a game tonight where you ask yes/no questions to guess what is on a card that everyone else can see. Sorta a version of 20 questions ...
    I was losing because unbeknownst to me my card said "santa clause"
    I figured out it was a person and asked if the person was real . They said yes because my grandson beleives. I kept trying to figure out who could be real & alive & flys & does not fly by plane ...boy was I confused..
  • Nancy, what a hoot!! Good success on eating low carb. Melt those 5 lbs, girl!!

Sloan, thank you for the focus cheer. I need to see it a lot. Today==I am back OP. Feeling great so far.

Ya'll have a magnificent Monday.
  • I just made a peach cobbler.
  • Sandra..that sounds really good...

I did a good really low carb day.
    Eggs, Nuts, Chicken..

I am horrible at furniture arranging & layouts. I was just at a friends and her
    living room is so nicely arranged. My living room is long and narrow with an off center fireplace, but the biggest problem is my decorating skills.
    I am going to work on it tomorrow.
  • nancy I bet there is an app for that!

I am safely in NYC...Ann is better but still in ICU. I arrived late in the afternoon and have not seen her yet. I will see her tomorrow. it is very good to see her son...I told him to go out and see and old school friend..he was so grateful to have a little fun.
  • I'm still OP, and losing vvvveeeeerrrrryyyy slowly. I AM GOING TO DO THIS!

Rhonda, glad you arrived safely. Hope your friend enjoys seeing you today, and that you and her DS can get her to agree to safer living arrangements.

Sandra, we can do this! :

Nancy, instead of spreading furniture out, try making several small conversation areas. Don't be afraid to pull furniture away from walls. Have fun!!

Vickie, congrats on completing those taxes!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
  • Sloan..good job on the losing....slow and steady is the way to go !!!
    You are right about the small seating areas..I need cozy spaces !!
    If front of my fire is a small seating area and it's my favorite spot..
    I need one more club chair & ottoman to do what I want to do, so I need to shop some..

I have worked on my files and gotten them more organized, that feels good.

Thinking of you Rhonda
  • It is 1 am, I am awake, and I am starving! What's up with that?
  • Sloan..did you ever get to sleep??

I had yucky dreams & its hard to shake them 100% once awake..One that was sorta funny was me getting ready for my first day at work. I tried on about 20 outfits & they were all dirty, torn or missing buttons. Sure an analyst would have fun with that !! LOL

I moved my living room around and added in a coffee table that I bought a few months ago. Love it !!! The coffee table really makes it feel cozy & anchored..

144 today !!!

Going to have lunch with a friend in a little while.
  • Nancy and Sloan, I am excited for you both!! You're doing wonderfully.

I went to my cardiologist today for my annual check up. Guess what. I'm fat and was told to lose weight and exercise 30 min a day 5 times a week. What a shock!

I just got off the , so today I did my first 30 min. Life is good.
  • Where is Maryann ????
  • I don't know. I hope she isn't ill.

Vickie, are you all right?
  • Nancy, I did go back to sleep after watching a movie. I think I slept from 3 to 5 then got up for school. I have not had too much trouble with being sleepy today, though. I love the dream about your getting dressed! Too funny
    Also, congrats on being 144. I'm right behind you 146.5 today.

Sandra, was your cardiologist appt. good otherwise? Congrats on getting on the treadmill. I love the little emoji's puffing lips.

Just got a text from DD, so I gotta go. Have a great night chicks!
  • Hi...friend is better...very bad situation..major staph infection but getting out of the woods we hope...she felt better today and had more color and was laughing...I went to the Whitney Museum and saw a favorite Georgia Okeefe painting...
  • Good Morning Chicks! Saw the Nephrologist yesterday and got a major kick in the butt. Time to buckle down. If only Sandra's bike could be right next to my treadmill. It would be so much more fun then!

I'll be back with details and to check in with all of you later.