Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sugar.....is there sugar?

Good Morning Chicks!

Sloan, I can't wait to see the pictures.

Sandra, I get it. The more I try NOT to be obsessed with food, the more I am. Trying to eat unprocessed and eat to live not live to eat. Hard to do at this time of year.

I had roast chicken, mashed potatoes, fresh broccoli, and homemade applesauce for dinner yesterday. Tomorrow we are having a healthy chicken enchilada casserole I made with some veggies and applesauce. Today we are going out with friends for lunch so I'll try to skip dinner, eat as light as possible at lunch, and I have a hard boiled egg for a snack later if I'm hungry. Probably not good for my cholesterol but it does stay with me very nicely.

What's everyone else having for dinner today?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Way to go, Vickie! Your food sounds amazing. (I had pizza for lunch.)

Just got my nails done. Tomorrow I'm going shopping after WW. And that pizza saved me from injuring, or even breaking!, my arm today. I fell flat on the sidewalk. I was holding a pizza box and held it out straight in front of me when I fell, so I wouldn't toss the pizza upside down. That kept me from trying to brace my fall using my right hand/arm. I honestly think I would have injured or even broken a bone if I had tried to stop my fall. As it is, I only got a skinned knee.

I just lay there on the sidewalk a few seconds seeing if I was hurt. Was I relieved! You never know when you might break something. And you know what I was thinking. I was afraid my archery was over.

Thank goodness for pizza. My hero.

Last edited by ontarget; 12-10-2012 at 06:34 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #33  

Height: 5'4"

Did everyone think I got lost.. I didn't have internet for a week while I was
renegotiating with our cable company ..Now I am saving $60/month..woohooo..
Shopped today, and tomorrow I plan to decorate...I never decorate until about 2 weeks before Christmas...

Nothing exciting going on here..just popped in to say hi..

Sandra...that is exactly why I need to eat more pizza !!! Glad you didn't break anything..
I laughed at your church story..sounds like something I would do..

Sloan..glad the wedding went great !!

Maryann.. Gift cards sound smart to me !!

Vickie..I am a Traders Joe fan too, but I don't go often..It's not very close to me ..Your meals sound great..

Rhonda....Rearranging the living room is so much fun..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Well, there you are Nancy...I did notice that you weren't too active on-line.

Sandra, I'm so glad that you weren't seriously hurt....ouch, sorry you fell..

Vickie, yes, there is sugar...but do NOT eat it!!

My friend made a mix of buffalo, beef, sweet potatoes, onions, and carrots...served over black rice, and it was really good. My niece and her husband joined us. Other than that I had two protein shakes today. I've been very good with food and have not lost an ounce. But, today i was able to be on the elliptical and bike for a brief time without hurting my foot. I feel that I'm turning a corner with this finally...5 months after surgery!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #35  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Sorry I wasn't around on the thread,but the last couple of days I was busy doing church things and trying to shop for my grand children.

We had some wild weather yesterday down pours all day long,but I did get to Walmart and meet some confused grandma's trying to figure out what there grandchildren wanted and looking disparately to finding them items. My kids want Hexbug Spiders I don't have a clue. My DD e-mailed me what they look like. Yikes are they ugly, I giving them money instead to buy the bugs them selves I bought them barbie dolls for the two and the others are getting Lego planes and I putting the money in a barbie doll box and a lego plane box.

SANDRA-My DD didn't want gift cards for the children but for the grown up I bought them I will put them in some small item for them to have something to open under the tree.

NANCY- DD didn't agree with Gift Card to the DGC so maybe next year when they are older.

Have to go and start my dinner

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #36  
focused and aiming

Curtis is wrapping gifts to mail. He's really jolly. Do you think it could have something to do with pain pills? Whatever the cause, he has the spirit.

Rhonda, your meal sounds good. I'm glad you're getting back into exercising. That's really important to you. I know you've been missing it.

Maryann, we give the grands here gift cards then I take them shopping so they can spend them. We have lunch out and make a day of it. Fun!

Nancy, we have decided not to put up a tree this year. We're not depressed or anything, we just don't think we'll do it. Who knows, though? We've been known to change our minds.

I didn't go to WW this morning. I have decided to go back on old CORE. Stocked up on CORE foods today so I'm ready to go.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #37  

Sandra..I like that idea about the cards & then going shopping with them !!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I couldn't sleep. Laid in bed from 4 until about 4:45 and then just gave up and got up. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I know I need a new pillow for sure. It's on it's way, but in the meantime, I'm a bit uncomfortable.

We had chicken enchilada casserole leftover. It was delicious but not Core. It was WW friendly though.

Maybe it was too spicy for sleeping!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #39  
focused and aiming

Vickie, do you have a mattress pad heater? Ours usually puts me right to sleep when I'm having trouble. Feels toasty. A new pillow sounds heavenly. We should get some, too.

I'm up ready to go to school. Curtis is up, too. Looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day even though temps are a little low. Ya'll have a wonderful, OP!, day.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #40  

Sandra..
I think I will try a mattress pad heater..
Anything to help me sleep..I am back to being wide awake til 3 or 4 most nights..(or mornings)
Old 12-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I hope you can find something that works for you.

I am home early and am tired. All classes were to work assignments on computers today--the computers wouldn't work. Makes for a long day. I was really really wanting chocolate when I got home.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I actually feel rested. I didn't let myself nap yesterday so I slept well.

Ran all over like a cuckoo yesterday and got another cortisone shot in the side of my left foot/heel which I hope will finally calm down the plantar faciitis and heel spurs so I can start exercising again. It's been almost 2 years since it flared up. She told me I can start walking on Tuesday if it feels ok.

Eating is ok and my mind is in a willing place so that's good.

Sandra, I like to be cold when I'm sleeping....still coming out of that menopausal thing. I need to stop watching TV and playing on my iPad until 2 minutes before I got to bed. And, I think I'll start having my hot vanilla milk every night again. That should help. Hope you got some sleep.

Nancy, we should have a party! Except I'm cranky when I can't sleep.

Hey Rhonda, how's it going for you?

Mary Ann, I do the same thing when I'm forced to buy gift cards. I feel like no thought goes into them at all. I have a rule. If you want a gift card you have to come up with some little ideas for a package to wrap with the gift card. I have a Nephew who always wants a GC. He loves Fannie May dark chocolate cherries. So that's what I buy him to wrap the gift card on!

Funny, I like to get Gift Cards but don't like to give them. Hmmmmm....

Have a great day Chicks. I must finish conquering my gift wrap prep.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #43  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I hope the shot gives you relief. I went through what you're going through and know how painful it is. I felt like I was walking on chunks of broken glass. I got the shot and haven't had any more problems. I hope yours works as well.

I hope everyone slept well last night. I took a Tylenol PM and didn't get up till 10 this morning. I am very very rested. Potatoes are baking, avocadoes are waiting to be cut and sliced, bell pepper/onions are doing the same. We're having chicken fajitas for lunch and will have potatoes instead of tortillas. We may also have some refried beans--not sure on that one yet.

Got to go. The kitchen is calling.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #44  

Sandra..I have been craving fajitas...
Do you just sorta make a salad if you don't use a tortilla ??
I was wondering about looking for gluten free/low carb tortillas at Trader Joes..
Old 12-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #45  

One boy is on the way home, other I will see Sat in Boone & then he graduates
on Sunday. The family will be together for the weekend at the graduation and most of our family Christmas stuff will be Monday & Tuesday . Then when the boys leave for Africa I plan to go to Ga to see my brother's family.. I may tackle the attic for a few days between, since all my Christmas prep will be over..