Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) Nov. 16-30

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • Another fun day with family..
    We all went and had lunch with my grandson at his school today..
    Of course his aunt & uncle love to embarrass him as much as possible.
    Then my daughter & I went shopping , had dinner here with other daughter's family. When they left Ca. daughter and I fit in a 9:00 movie.

I am getting a sore throat & cough..drat it !!

I am ready to get this weight under control .....
    I haven't done terrible this week, but
    since daughter leaves Wed and Dec 1 is Sat that will be a good day to start tracking my eating ....

Rhonda...that is sweet about your former sister in law...
  • My eating was good till yesterday afternoon/evening, and I have wi this morning. Does this sound like self-sabotage?

Ya'll have a good day.
  • It was a long day for me today....we had tap practice, then a performance, followed by lunch. This afternoon a group of people I'm involved with on a children's mental health project met here at my house.

But tonight I'm just vegging out--watching NCIS and Vegas.

Tomorrow one of DH's nephews who is a pilot will be visiting for the evening. We haven't see him in 3 years. (Sandra, I'm talking about Larry)

Nancy, I hope you feel better. I hate colds. We were sick here in late September and it just hung on. DH has really ben suffering from sinus problems also.

Eating is so-so....had a great salad last night and need to eat more of them..
  • Rhonda, sometime so so is as good as it gets.

Today's been a fun day. We met a friend for lunch at a hamburger place and fun at the archery shop. I calculate 8 pts for what I had. I had a Whataburger Jr. Could have eaten a larger burger, but what I had was plenty.
  • yep, nothing wrong with "so-so." Today was the same, but lower calorie I think. I wasn't counting.

We had a great visit with the nephew.

Tomorrow is a super busy day, with another tap practice and lots of other things to do.

I hope you're all having a good night.
  • Rhonda, what's the name of Larry's winery?
  • hi chicks.

Sandra, how did WI go? I remember going to whataburger when I visited my daughter when she lived in TX. I remember them being pretty good.

Rhonda, you are always so busy. How did your foot hold up during tap?

I made a pot of soup today. I used chicken sausage with white beans and kale. It was pretty delicious. I have plenty left for tomorrow.
  • Good Morning Chicks! I've been up since 4 with a tummy ache so I thought I'd pop in and say hello. I cooked Core cornmeal chicken so I'm not sure what made me sick. Sigh.

Busy here, as always. Got the tree up and decorated. Today is decorating of the rest of the house. I've been busy Christmas shopping and getting ready to write Christmas cards too. I guess it's that time for everyone.

My eating is ok most days, bad on others. Brodie was sick again....but is better now. He is just going to be a high maintenance pup. But it's ok because he is smart and sweet and completely adorable.

Jim and I are fine. I've been walking a bit. His tongue is doing ok too. On Friday, I have lunch out with my GF from work and on Saturday I'm having lunch with 7 of my grammar school girlfriends....class of 1970! It's going to be a lot of fun and laughs and I'm looking forward to it very much.

I've been reading and am glad to see that you are all well. Hugs and love.
  • Good morning. Today's the day we go to the doctor to find out if Curtis had infection in his shoulder. We are both optimistic and in good spirits. We're expecting good news.

Pam, I gained .2 lb. It didn't change my tracker. Guess I was about to have a loss before I self-destructed.

Hi there, Vickie. I have sooooo been missing you. It's good to see you here this morning. Your week sounds like fun. Enjoy your time with the girls. Those are precious times for sure. Sorry about Brodie but glad you're able to help him. It's also good to hear that you and Jim are doing well. Your Christmas decorating makes me want to get the spirit more. We'll prob put up our tree this weekend.

Waving at all yet to get here and all who are just reading and not posting.
  • Sandra, I'm praying for you and Curtis.
  • Took my daughter to the airport yesterday and went to bed with this cold/flu??
    I slept almost 24 hours except for getting up for a drink & soup last night..
    This afternoon I was able to get a few things done but my head is still pounding...At least the worse of this hit after the kids all left and I didn't miss time with them..

Sandra..let us know what the Dr says..sure hoping its good news..

Vickie..hope your tummy is better

Pam..your soup sounds good..

Rhonda..you sound as busy as ever..
  • Nancy, I am so sorry you're sick, but it's good you were feeling well while your kids were there.

We got some good news today. Curtis does not have infection. The scary part is that in 4-6 months if it's decided he needs additional surgery, he'll have to have it in Houston. Dr. Milne said doctors around here can't do it. He said there are 3 in the US who can. The closest is in Houston. The other 2 are in New York and Minneapolis. But we're being optimistic that he won't have to have that surgery.

I'm subbing tomorrow at a campus where I won't be able to get online. Ya'll have a good day.
  • Here is the link to DH's nephew's winery:

http://www.chateauaeronautiquewinery.com/

It is doing very well.

My foot has been hurting but I've been very active. I saw the podiatrist today and he said that I was not damaging it and just either quit tap for a while or take drugs and use ice and compression. I'm not quitting. We have only 3 more performances which are spread out over the month. The rest of the time I will sit down.
  • Sandra that is great news. Hope he doesn't need the other surgery. Sorry you didnt see al loss, but move on and maybe next week.

Rhonda, if you can handle the pain, I agree, go for it. My great grandparents were from Jackson MI. Didn't know Michigan grew grapes for wine.

Nancy, sorry you are sick. Bad way to lose weight. Knock on wood, I never get sick enough to not eat.

Vickie, you sound busy, but a fun busy. Sorry about Brody. Glad you have it under control.
  • Nancy, I hope you are feeling better today.

Sandra that is great news about Curtis--let's hope he doesn't have to have more surgery.

Vickie---poor little Brodie!!

I LOVE white beans and greens!!

I'm off to take a a nap, then go to our tap performance on the square for the tree-lighting events.