Old 11-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, FB is amazing, isn't it? I hope you're able to go this summer. Stew and cornbread sounds good. Solid and good.

I am almost sick from eating so many brownies.

Sloan, the cakes look yummy. You're very talented.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Yummy-looking cake, Sloan...beautiful.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #33  

Last and first on

Ok, everyone. We are headed into a busy week with lots of food and drink temptations. It's going to be tough, so hang in there. Enjoy but don't get too crazy

I've started my day with a healthy protein shake: Greek yogurt, almond milk, egg whites, !/2 banana and dehydrated PB....yummy!

We're having the LR-DR carpets cleaned this morning (again)..did I say that already? Anyway, the dog got sick on Halloween and I can't get all the stains off the carpet.

My brother's ex-wife is in the hospital this morning getting a hip replacement, so I'll go see her later. Then, to the gym.

Exciting day

Last edited by Tejas; 11-19-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, sounds like you're busy. We're back from town and will be home the rest of the day. I'm making meatloaf, sweet potatoes, and other veggies for lunch.

Everybody take a deep breath. The holidays have begun.

Love you!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

Okay. I need help. I have been struggling. Yesterday I made homemade brownies loaded with walnuts. Today I've dusted. I need to start posting what I eat. Maybe that will help me stay focused.

I'm going to come back to this post during the day and add what I eat. My plan is to be COREish.

Monday Nov. 19
b--2 oranges

l--homemade meatloaf. I made it using the Pioneer's Meatloaf Packet. All I had to add besides 1 # burger was water and an egg.
--steamed cabbage/carrots with a little OO.
--canned whole kernal corn. (I add 1 packet Splenda and some Butterbuds)
--canned English peas. Same as corn.
--baked sweet potato (I sprayed my half with butter spray)
--ketchup

s--2 bananas
s--2 oranges

d--meatloaf, cabbage/carrots, ketchup

s--2 oranges and some grapes
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, Nov. 19

b--banana

l--turkey breast, mashed potatoes, English peas, salad/ Champaigne dressing

Last edited by ontarget; 11-20-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #36  

hello chicks.

Sandra, 2 oranges are not substantial breakfast. You need more food so you don't get hungry later in the day. Have you tried cinnamon on your sweet potato? I can eat them plain, but sometimes I'll add a little cinnamon and it's good.

Rhonda, I didn't walk today. It's kinda on the cool side and guess we are being lazy today.

I am cooking my traditional dinner. We can splurge one day of the year, right? I love my pumpkin pie, but DH doesn't really care for it, so I'm not making one this year. First time ever. Instead, we are having fresh fruit and I'll make a dip for it, with cool whip, cream cheese and dry pudding mix.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Pam, we slept late this morning. I didn't have a lot of time between bfast and lunch. Thank you for the tip on cinnamon.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

I probably won't post my menus every day afterall. It's a hassle. I'm posting it on WW. That should be enough. Posting here was just a thought.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #39  

post it here Sandra. It will make you double accountable, lol
Old 11-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #40  

I had the protein shake; cereal with almond milk; and now, beef stew. I've had one orange and two gluten free cookies. I have to fast after midnight because I"m getting blood drawn tomorrow for testing for renewing meds prescription.

I'll have more later.

My SIL came through surgery OK, they had her up walking within hours after the surgery. Tomorrow she goes to rehab.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that's good news about your sil. That's what we like to hear. Glad she's doing so well and will get on to rehab. I hope you get your bloodwork done early and don't have to fast too long in the morning.

Okay, I'll keep posting till I get off track. I know I definitely need accountability.

Pam, you're right. We all need to enjoy Thanksgiving.

Last edited by ontarget; 11-19-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #42  

Rhonda..glad to hear the good news..

What is dehydrated PB..That may be something I should find..Does it mix easier than the real stuff ??

Sloan..you are so talented..lovely !!!

The house is off the market & it feels great..
I can pull the photos out I put away and not be so OCD about every
little thing.. Daughter will fly in tomorrow and we are all meeting in SC on Wed at the girls grandparents (and my adopted mom & dad) with about 40 extended family.. The boys will be there too and its been about 10 years since they have been to a Thanksgiving there..

I have been eating low carb but my weight won't budge..
After Thanksgiving, I need to get on track !!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #43  

Great news on your SIL Rhonda. I think I'll have a bowl of cereal. You made me hungry. Good luck with your blood work and hope you get good numbers.

Sandra, I thought that rice dish was a dip. Duh. My granddaughter makes her version of Chili's Southwestern Egg Rolls. She made them once while I was in KY and they were so good. I need to get her recipe. She made them the other day and said they turned good and she makes them more on the healthy side.

I usually get my blood work done a few days before I see my cardio, but he ordered a different one for the next time. They send it out and it takes a week, so I will have to get it done at least 10 days before my visit in late April. Some nuclear type test. Hope my insurance pays for this. I still have a co pay but I think it's a more expensive test.

Nancy, we were posting at the same time. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving get-together. With your house off the market, you can relax and enjoy the holiday season.

Last edited by pam920; 11-19-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #44  

Congrats on the house being settled for a while, Nancy. You can snuggle in for the winter now. Boy, that's a lot of people for Thanksgiving!! Good luck.

I'll have 10-12 adults here and about 6 little ones on Saturday. I'm making the turkey and dressing and some desserts...others are bringing the rest of the food. It won't be too hard

I'm on my church board and we had a 3 hour meeting tonight! Too long.

I'm watching CNN and listening to Shimon Peres, the President of israel. He is amazing. I met him when I was in Israel. We went to the same language school. I was studying Hebrew and he was studying Arabic. I don't know him well, of course, but we had a few lunches together at the school.

Last edited by Tejas; 11-20-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

Nancy, glad you have the house off the market till spring. Now you can enjoy your time this winter. That's a lot of folks Thanksgiving. You will have a grand time having all your kids there with you. Makes me smile.

Pam, I've had nuclear tests before. Insurance paid well. I hope yours does, too. Can you post that recipe? I'd like to take a peek at it.

Rhonda, sounds like you have a busy week, too. That's interesting about your knowing Peres. You have an interesting life. Maybe you could share some of your adventures with us? I'd like to hear about them and know others here would, too.

I'm going for a pedi/mani in about an hour. I'm so ready for them. WW this morning went well. I maintained on the scales. The meeting was about Thanksgiving (of course). Next week will most likely be our last with our current leader. She's getting married in 11 days. Her groom lives in OK and works for the state. She's not giving us any particulars about her leaving till next week. Sad...... She's an outstanding leader who has won numerous WW awards. She's in the top 5% of the nation. We'll miss her but will welcome the new leader.