Old 11-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good luck with the waves, Sandra. I hate having long hair as I age so that's why it's about 1 inch long now!

Nancy, I'm sorry you got low-balled. But, snuggling in for the winter sounds good too.

Maryann, I hope you can wear your jacket. I'm glad to hear that you didn't get blown away!!

I haven't lost any weight, but I do feel better and the clothes are looser...funny that. I was sure I had DH's cold but don't feel badly today-maybe I'm fighting it off. I hope so because I'm supposed to be at a crafts fair all day tomorrow.

Sloan, I'm hoping for your break to be refreshing.

I'm listening to CNN's report on the voting mess in Florida, especially Miami. Wow. Those are some dedicated voters...good for them.

Last edited by Tejas; 11-09-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #62  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Sun is shinning the winds are gone. I got out to the bank and now this evening I will have my hair cut at 4PM.So all is fine,wish it was that way with my DD. She has 13 " of snow on top of Hurricane Sandy's damage on her property. Two trees one in the pool and the other that cracker her outdoor wall to her master bedroom.NEED SOME PRAYERS Now she tells me that my 10 yr old GD has to go to the hospital for her tonsils and adenoids to be removed,as she having sleep apnea and my DD has to stay with her while she sleep to make sure she doesn't fall in to trouble with her breathing. She will let me know today what the doctor says.

SANDRA- I wish I could but my hair in a braid but I has such thick and curly hair it would never hold. I'm going to have my hair cut & styled[short] as I can't managed anymore. Even tho its going to get cold I still can were a scarf or at hat.

PLUCKY PEAR= to the thread congrats on your 21 lb loss. I not on the WW program either I'm counting calories and carbs in order to lose my weight.

RHONDA-Hoping that I will lose more so I will have room to put a sweater under the coat if it gets colder.

Have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 11-09-2012 at 12:28 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #63  
focused and aiming

I am loving my hair. I wore it down today when I went to town. Now I have it in a ponytail for home. The technician gave me some ideas on ways to fix it. Sort of reminds me of when I had a Toni doll back in the 50's. I used to play with its hair all the time.

We had Subway for lunch. I'm feeling good about the way I'm eating now. My detour is over for a bit.

Rhonda, I'm glad you don't have a cold and will get to go to the craft fair.

Maryann, that's sad about your dd and her family. I am sending them positive thoughts.

We're going to a tournament tomorrow. Most likely this will be our last one till after Thanksgiving holidays. Of course, Curtis isn't shooting. He probably won't get to compete this season.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #64  

Maryann, so sorry about your daughters home. My grandson had the same problem and it was so bad it was affecting his hearing. He had tonsils and adenoids out and it was like a miracle. He could hear again. He was around 4 and it was impairing his speech too, as he couldn't hear what or how we pronounced words. She is young so should be fine in a few days.

Sandra, is your hair long? I thought you had short hair. I'm like Rhonda, My hair is pretty short except for a little longer on top. Good luck in tournament.

Rhonda, it is very sad about Miami area. Some people were still standing in line to vote as Obama gave his victory speech. That is just not right. I would love to attend a craft fair. Have no idea what they sell there these days.

My legs are still hurting and my back too. I keep using my aspercreme at night, when it seems to hurt the worst. We are still walking and just need to get the diet part right and maybe I could lose a few pounds.

Welcome Plucky Pear. Hope you stay and post with us.

Have a good evening.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #65  
focused and aiming

Pam, my hair's not very long but for me it's long. I've had short hair most of my life.

I'm going back to the tournament with a gf tomorrow. Curtis will be staying home. This is fairly unusual for us. We hardly ever do tournaments separately even if only one of us is shooting. But he's wanting to stay home tomorrow and I'm wanting to shoot again. He has a lot of last minute things to do before surgery Monday.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #66  

I had my daughters family and both boys here today.. Sure is nice when family is home !! Son is doing fine with his shoulder , some pain but not too bad with the pain meds..
Funny thing..I slept downstairs on a couch last night because he wanted to sleep on a couch following surgery & I wanted to be near in case he needed me. I slept better than I have all year..Slept sound, didn't wake alot & felt rested this morning..I may have to try the couch again.. I wonder if it was darker, cooler or what the difference was..I know my cat has been waking me alot lately and didn't last night..

Pam..with all your aches it made me wonder if you have ever tried the wheat
elimination to see if it could be a wheat intolerance..I has so achy that I could hardly walk across the room when I first stood up. Everything hurt..My doctor told me to try cutting out wheat and it was amazing the difference.
Now I have some wheat occasionally but can always tell that I have eaten some afterwards..

Maryann...That is awful about your daughters home.. Glad they weren't hurt.
Did you get the Dr's input about your granddaughter ??

Sandra.. Monday is coming soon, Best wishes !!

Rhonda..Is Doyle feeling better ??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #67  

Nancy, I never thought of wheat being the problem. I am really hurting and it's all over. I noticed my thighs hurting and now my back is really bad, along with my ankles. My throat on just the right side has been hurting for a couple weeks, but that could be sinus. I am going to eliminate wheat, oats, barley and rye and see if things improve.

Glad you were able to get a good rest on the couch.

Off to get some groceries.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #68  
focused and aiming

I went to the tournament today and shot using my longbow. We had fun, but it was good to get back home. Curtis and I are just "chilling". We have to be at the hospital by 10:30 in the AM. Nervous....

Nancy, that's interesting about your sleeping well on the couch. Do you think it could have been because your son was nearby?

Pam, I hope you can get some pain relief from cutting out wheat, etc... Let us know if it works.

We're watching football now. Beautiful day.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
Nancy, that's interesting about your sleeping well on the couch. Do you think it could have been because your son was nearby?
Might have been .. Also the relief of having my son's surgery over with..
But I may try the couch if I can't sleep to see if it helps..
Old 11-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #70  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I hope it works and you can get some rest.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #71  

best to Curtis tomorrow. I bet you were missing him with you today.

I didnt make it through the day without wheat. I took some tylenol and it has eased the pain, but I think I'm due for another dose. Someone told me they sell tylenol arthritis. I might look for that.

We walked twice today. I know it's best to keep moving, so I'm trying.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #72  
focused and aiming

I have heard of that, Pam. Let me know how it helps. I take Meloxicam daily for arthritis. You're right. I definitely missed Curtis today.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Nancy, I'm glad to hear that you got a good rest. I find that sometimes I just sleep in another spot, I sleep better. Don't know what that is about.

Pam, I'm sorry you're hurting. What on earth could it be??

Doyle is better. I seem to be fighting something off---I slept for 3 hours in the middle of the day today.

I have not been losing weight and feel bloated. I realized that the new protein powder has soy in it, then I remembered that a nutritionist told me to avoid soy because it produces estrogen----ya' think that could cause the hot flashes I've been having?! I think I'll just have Greek yogurt and almond milk with fruit as my protein shake from now on. How could I forget what she told me!!!

Sandra, good luck to Curtis tomorrow.

Last edited by Tejas; 11-11-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #74  

Pam..should you have your dr run some blood work to rule out things ..Have you had any tick bites ??
Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #75  

Rhonda, you got Doyle better, now you are going to get sick. I dont have hot flashes much, but do have night sweats. Hope you feel better soon.

Nancy, no tick bites. I think it's just arthritis. I've never had it flare up like that before. I get the normal aches and pains, and especially when rain is in the forecast. Guess I'm just getting old and with it comes pain. I have OA in my knees, back and ankles. If this keeps up for much longer, I will have to find a dr. here and see what is going on.

Time for bed. Have a good night.