Old 11-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

I have been cleaning. I have a showing on Sunday so that is motivating me ..

Decided that my three main Nov goals are
1) sorting & purging more stuff
2) reading and brushing up on Speech stuff for returning to work
3)Family time with Son's surgery & holidays

also keeping house ready to show and trying to exercise & eat right...

The movie review may just be me..My cousin liked it..Maybe I was too
preoccupied to follow the plot..I hate for everyone to miss it because I
didn't care for it.. I tend to not like movies that require to much thought to figure out..
I am so busy figuring out my life , that I like for my movies to be
an entertaining escape from thinking LOL..

Last edited by nancy237; 11-02-2012 at 05:26 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Working on statistics, Bible study, and Old Testament History homework.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I'm off to a First Friday event at a local art gallery. I've gone almost every one of these since I moved here. I take a Texas sheet cake and it's all the rage. I won't eat any because I had the most delicious blackberry cobbler at noon. That was my indulgence for the week; I've been doing well on the shakes.

I spent 2 hours this afternoon at a meeting related to the city's developing plan for 2030. It was interesting to hear what people think are the strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities in the town. There is a lot of agreement among the participants.

Last edited by Tejas; 11-02-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Nancy, don't worry. If we want to see it, we will. Your Nov. goals sound good.

I had wanted to weigh 175 by the first tournament. First tournament is here this weekend. I'm not at 175. Life goes on.

Sloan, you sound busy. Remember to hug yourself.

Rhonda, kudos for not eating any cake. I had a Vita Top muffin this afternoon. (But I had cake and pie last night.)
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #20  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've been working hard here at the house. I'm still not completely on program. I must be waiting to hit the most very bottom on the bottoms!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #21  

I've done very well today about eating. I went to a church workshop on radical hospitality and I had only 2 gluten-free cookies. The rest of the lunch was very healthy.

I'm trying heat on my foot just to see if that does anything good. I was awakened in the middle of the night by a sharp pain in my toe that felt like I'd received an electric shock. I'm really tired of this
Old 11-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I am sorry you're having pain. You and Curtis are both having a hard time. And it's time for that to stop. Kudos on making healthy choices.

Vickie, you will get back on track when you're ready. I remember how well you can do. I miss reading about your CORE recipes.

We had a great time at the Women's Health Fair. Abby Riker is a wonderful inspiration. We sat on the 3rd row. Excellent seats. Wonderful motivation. Great day!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Rhonda, maybe you could try a warm soak with some epsom salt if the doc is allowing you to get your foot wet. Sometimes moist heat is the best.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #24  

Thanks Sloan--that is exactly what I'm going to do...the incision is long healed so water is no problem.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I hope the epsom salt helps.

We came home and took a long nap this afternoon. Last night we "retired" our mattress pad heater. Neither of us slept well without it, so we now have a new one ordered from Macy's. The heat helps with our arthritis. I usually sleep like a baby when my heater's on.

We had a late late lunch at Pappadeaux's after shooting. I did well except for sharing cheesecake with Curtis. (but it was worth the points) I'll probably have to look at that cheesecake as costing $13 because it will put me at least one more week paying for WW meetings. Life goes on. (And cheesecake is awesome!)
Old 11-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #26  

I had a bit too much to eat today also, but a few cookies instead of cheesecake.

I went to see my brother who is in a VA facility and has Alzheimer's...it was tough. He kept demanding that his daughter take him home. We won't be doing that.

Gee, I should have had cheesecake!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that had to hurt. I am so sorry. Like I've said before--it's so good your niece has you for support.

So far tonight I've had a frozen banana. Now I'm having some grapes.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #28  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I did okay at the potluck. I tried to stick to fruit mostly, but I had some sweets, just tried to get very small pieces. It's hard for me to estimate the points, but I did my best. I took the kids to the movies yesterday and had popcorn with butter, so that was my dinner. I have used almost all of my weekly points, but today is day 7 so that's okay. I'm just really glad I didn't go over. My weight was 260 this morning. This wasn't a good week for me with Halloween candy and everything. It just makes me wonder how bad I'm going to do on Thanksgiving I need to have better self control. I think it was actually easier on Atkins when I wasn't allowing myself to have any carbs, except for low carb veggies. I didn't have that craving for them. Now that I'm back to eating carbs I find that I'm hungry more often and craving carbs/sugar. I just can't seem to be happy with just a little; I want more, more more. I'm not giving up on WW's. I just have to get my appetite under control. Portion control has been a big issue all my life. I have to stick with this and be a good example for my kids. I better get back to work. Have a great day everyone!
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #29  

Mandy, THAT is the trouble with carbs and sugar...the more you have, the more you want. But, good carbs are good...nothing food about sugar, except the taste.

Yes, Sandra, my presence makes a big difference for my niece. I can joke with my brother, take some heat off my niece, talk to the staff, talk with my niece about the visit, etc. He has frontal lobe dementia, Alzheimers and is bi-polar....to say nothing of the fact that he has been a selfish, self-absorbed brute most of his life. Just amazing--he is handsome, charming and intelligent also..quite a mix.

Oh well, off to tap practice and foot torture!

Last edited by Tejas; 11-05-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

Mandy, we're all fighting the carb battle with you. Some days I do well. Others I don't. Right now I'm not doing well. I know it won't help my husband, but I'm eating some cookies to help with his shoulder pain. See? I'm not very smart.

Rhonda, thank you for telling us about your brother. I know it's hard to deal with all the ups and downs. How was tap? Did your foot hold up all right?

I am upset right now. Curtis is having a lot of pain; he's even having chills with it. We go back to his orthopedist tomorrow. We're afraid we'll find out he'll have to have his shoulder redone.