Daily Thread--October 16-31, 2012

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Mandy. We're so glad to have you join us. Thank you for telling us about your Atkins experience. I did Atkins several years ago but had a hard time sticking with it. My husband loved all the bacon. Anyway, I'm doing WW now. He's losing, too, but isn't doing any structured plan. He's doing quite a bit of walking.

Pam, we do seem to like the same shows. I love Revenge--the clothes, the characters, the plot--just about everything to do with it. My favorite character is Nolan. I like his new hairstyle.

Rhonda, I'm glad tap went well. Looks like you'll be back in time for the holiday performances.

I guess Curtis got about the best doctor's report today that he could get. Nothing showed up on X-rays. The doctor told him things to do for the next 2 weeks then we're to go back. If he's not better, he'll get a dye injection then possibly surgery. We're hoping he's better in 2 weeks and won't have to do any of that.

Waving to all of you who are yet to get here today. I hope you're all safe, happy, and making healthy choices.

I almost forgot. I did gain this morning but am back on plan. I need to go update my tracker. Our meeting was good. I am pumped. Now I'm ready to join ya'll in doing the right thing.
  • Thanks for all the feedback..I need to relax about the fact I am undecided and realize that I am sorting through a huge transition and I will figure it out in time..

I am doing good with my eating..Eggs or Protein Shake for breakfast,
    then salads, fruits, veggies, poultry, seafood & low fat dairy..
    No real loss yet but feeling better already

Glad to know others like Revenge..I felt a bit deviant watching it
    I am half way through the first season ..Its addictive...
    I think Jack is so good looking..I like Nolan too...I wish she would tell Jack who she is..

Maryanne..how was it yesterday at your house..let us hear from you

Mandy..Wecome !!
    Tea...Welcome !!!
    This chick group is the best !!

Rhonda..Glad you are home..sorry about your friend..Its good you could go..

Sandra..sounds like good news at the Dr ..yay !!
  • back and was hoping Maryann checked in. Hope all is okay with her.

Sandra, hope Curtis has a good report and doesn't need surgery. I love how you just pick yourself back up and go forward.

Nancy, when my granddaughter came to stay for the weekend, I talked her into watching Revenge on Netflix. She was totally hooked. She told me the same thing, it's so addicting. I love Nolan too. I think Jack is sexy too. I like Daniel ok, but want her with Jack. The 2nd season is really good so hurry and finish the 1st season.

We voted today. We haven't started walking yet. We went grocery shopping yesterday and today it was kinda cold and windy, so we hopefully start tomorrow.

Rhonda, good news about tap. Hope you are able to get back into it with no problems.
  • Curtis has been depressed all afternoon but is in a little better spirits now. He had hoped to be able to pull his bow by the end of the month. Doesn't look like that will happen now. The doctor said he may have to do surgery as last resort. We are hoping it doesn't come to that.
  • What the heck is Revenge??

Sandra, I'm really hoping for Curtis to get full function back. Poor guy.

I'm feeling a little more rested today. This trip really took it out of me. I woke up in the middle of the night not quite sure where I was. I knew I was at home but I couldn't quite get it. Disorienting...
  • morning chicks.

We just did a 20 min. walk. It's a start. Felt so good to be out walking again. I hope we do a bit more this evening. I want to get back into the habit of doing 2 walks a day, at 45 min and 30 min.

Rhonda, Revenge is an ABC show on Sunday evening at 9 est. It's very addicting and I have to say it's my favorite show right now.

Sandra, I can understand Curtis getting depressed. It's been a long time for him shooting. Hopefully he gets good news from Dr and no surgery is needed.
  • I just lost a message I'd typed here--and it was a long one. I must have pushed a wrong button.

Rhonda, you have been under a lot of emotional and physical stress. Give your body some time to recuperate.

Pam, I'm glad you're back into walking. That should help you a lot.

I watch Revenge on abc.com since it's too "SOAPY" for Curtis.

Did I tell ya'll I'm going to a presentation by a former Biggest Loser contestant? This Saturday Abby (a few seasons ago) is speaking to a women's wellness awareness group. I'm going with a friend. In keeping BL style, we're going to lunch at Subway before the presentation.

This afternoon we have the grands, tomorrow we go fishing then have company in the pm, Friday we'll work in the yard, Saturday is BL day, and Sunday is the first tournament of the season. When did I have time to work?

I've already journaled all my meals for today. It feels good to be back on track. Speaking of "track" I am anxious to get my tracker moving instead of yo-yo'ing.

Have a good day, all.
  • isn't Abby the one that lost her entire family in a car accident? if so, I really liked her. You have a very busy schedule for the week. I should journal. I know that really helps when losing weight.
  • Went to get a coffee table this morning I found on Craigslist..

I have been hunting for a large coffee table for a good price for a while and I
    got this one for $75. I will try to post a picture..

Then a friend & I went hiking around the lake looking for persimmon trees,
    Came back covered in those beggar lice things that cling to your clothes..
    But it felt great to be in the woods..

We don't get trick or treaters here, so I closed my blinds & pulled the car in the garage just to make sure, because I don't have candy.
    That sounds bad, at the old neighborhood we had fun with it but we have had
    one family in 10 years here so I never buy candy...
  • Candy is in the house!!

• HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL,HOPE YOU HAVE NO TRICKS BUT LOTS OF TREATS.

Hi Ladies

On Monday at 1:30 my power went out and I got it back later afternoon at 5:30,no damage around out houses except for a tree falling near our mail boxes.

This morning I went out wit a couple of women in the rosary group,for Breakfast.Looks like some of them didn't have any power problems at all. I guess they were the lucky ones.

My poor DD lost her power along with 3 trees that were uprooted. My DS didn't have any problems.Can't figure out some areas are hit the other are not Just like it happened up here.

Don't have time to read the post but I will be back sometime tomorrow

HOPE ALL THE EAST COASTERS ON THIS THREAD DIDN'T HAVE TO MUCH TO PUT UP WITH SANDY

Have a great evening

• Maryann, thank you for letting us know you're safe. Whew! What a relief!

Pam, that's the one. She lives within 100 miles of here.

We prob won't have any trick or treaters but we have candy. Curtis' fault. I think he'll eat it all--tonight.

Nancy, I'd love to see that photo when you get a chance.
  • This is the table, but he may delete the post soon because its sold now..
    It has a few scratches that will be easy to fix..

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/fuo/3367161862.html
  • no candy here. We haven't had trick or treaters since I left Michigan.

Maryann, glad to see you are safe and sound. I think NY and NJ got the worst of the storm.

Nancy, show us your coffee table.

Sandra, I would love to see Abby. She is such an great inspiration. I'm glad she is happy now and she might be married by now, but I think last I heard she had met a wonderful man and was engaged.
  • Glad you're safe Maryann.

Not too many kids tonight..maybe 50 or so. I forgot that Kyra (dog) would eat suckers and I placed the bag on the floor. She ate 16 of them! She's thrown up four times but seems to be coping.

I like Halloween. Boo!