3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > Simply Filling/Core

Daily Thread--October 16-31, 2012

Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #46

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Praying for you and Jim, Vickie!

sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #47

Height: 5'4"

Vickie...I am so sorry you are up against what you & Jim are dealing with.
We are here for you & praying for you both. Take care of yourself because
we forget to do that sometimes..

Pam..Same goes for you...Do you think you need a second opinion..
I thought they could do lots of different things these days about any blockages..
Hugs..

Sloane..I worry about the pace you keep...Try to do less & stop to smell the roses..Life isn't a race , its a journey !!

Rhonda..isn't it amazing how our shoes dictate our whole outfit..but its good it isn't bothering you while you are in Ottawa..

I just got back from dinner & book store with my cousin..
trying to eat better and start exercising now that the house is
under control..

Dr Oz said today that 20 extra lbs of belly fat increases our heart disease
risk by 50% That is surprising..

Take care chicks....
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #48

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, you will be happy to know that I have been laying around for the past two evenings. Husband's orders.

sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanie View Post
Nancy, you will be happy to know that I have been laying around for the past two evenings. Husband's orders.
Tell him that he is getting big points in Chickville !!!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #50
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Going out with Rita this afternoon, her stomach ailments have passed,so we will be spending most of the afternoon chatting about everything.

Just found a roommate for the Holy Land Trip for next November. The 206 tours are going there next year and that's the trip I really like to go to more so than Italy. Hope everything will [with the war]be fine by the time we go.

SANDRA-Oh yes I will post what I cooked and I will add the recipe for you guys to try. I'm leading to beans for my veggie casserole than meat as I don't want to upset the president of the soup kitchen.

VICKIE-You welcome,My house work is not on the top of my list with all the gallivanting I'm doing just got 1/2 done.

PAM-Like I told Vickie,I wasn't really cleaning I just straighten out,dusted & vacuumed . Still have to do my kitchen and bathroom tomorrow.

Have to go,have to meet Rita for Lunch

=================================
2010 lost 9 lbs.
2011 lost 2.5 lbs.
2012 lost 23 lbs.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #51
focused and aiming

Sloan, kudos to hubby! Glad you're resting.

Nancy, you sound more like your old self now. You must have had a wonderfully relaxing time with your cousin.

Maryann, have a good visit with Rita.

My subbing is over for awhile. So far I'm not booked any next week. I'm retired again.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #52

Headed out to see Argo movie about the Iran Hostage mission.

When I saw the previews I thought it was all fiction, but now I see its
based on a true story..
Old 10-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #53
focused and aiming

We're watching TV tonight. Well, we're also watching MaMa Rabbit feeding outside our window.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #54

good morning chicks.

Tomorrow we leave for Florida. I have a lot to do today. Packing and cleaning. Yesterday I was having chest pains from late morning until late afternoon. My daughter and husband finally made me go to ER. I did not have a heart attack. My dr. thinks I was having spasms in my right artery behind my heart. Prescribed nitro patch. Worst angina I have experienced to date. Was scared but in denial. Afterwards, my daughter gave me a lecture. We are our owns worst enemies, aren't we.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to check in when I get to Florida. Have a wonderful weekend.

Pam
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #55
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Busy day for me...actually couple of busy days before too. I've got to wrap presents for my Sister and get ready to take her out for her Birthday....70!

Pam...please take care of yourself. Denial is never good.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #56
focused and aiming

Pam, do you have a cardiologist in Florida? You're right. Denial doesn't do any good at all. We all experience it at one point or another. Don't beat yourself up. Just do what you need to do to stay healthy. I'm glad you got the nitro patch. I know you're scared. Just do what you need to do and don't hesitate to go to the doctor. I hope when you get to Florida, you can get some relaxation time. You've been extra-busy lately.

Vickie, I always enjoy reading about you and your family. Ya'll are so close. I envy you all, but most of all I am happy for you.

We slept in till about 9 this morning. I was exhausted last night. No more 4 days in a row for me. Dr. Horton (Curtis) has put his foot down. He knows me better than I do. Even though the kids were good and the assignments easy, I was pooped. We're meeting folks at a local archery shop this afternoon. Other than that--I'm just buying groceries today. It's good to be retired again.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #57

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hello all,

New to WW since the end of July. Lost about 7 pounds initially on pp and have gone nowhere for the last month and a half, so I'm trying simply filling this week.

I guess the one small mercy is that I am not gaining with winter coming, unlike the past couple of years. This time of the year I tend to gain because I am so busy at work and it starts to get cold, which makes me go out and exercise less. So not gaining=technically good. But up and down the same pound=frustrating.

Last edited by tea2 : 10-27-2012 at 01:07 PM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #58

Slow getting in gear today..
Going to an open house for a cute house in that same neighborhood I like.

The movie Argo was good but its sad that stuff like that is going on around us..Makes you really appreciate our people abroad in all their different capacities.

Windy night so the pool is covered in leaves again, it was clean yesterday..
We've never covered it but Oct & leaves makes me want to..

I think I am about ready to pull the house off the market til Spring...
The kids will be home lots in Nov and I could put it back on in the spring
with lots of spring flowers..I really think relaxing during the winter & focusing on going to work would let me get that rest I want..

Pam..I wish you would get a second opinion..it seems they could be more proactive..I know its scary..
Old 10-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #59
focused and aiming

tea. I've been relosing the same 5 lbs for several weeks now, too. It's good to have you here. Please hop in and post away!

Nancy, it's good you don't have to sell quickly. Waiting till spring might be good.

I had a CORE/SF lunch today. It was really tasty. I had grilled chicken/bell pepper/onions/jalapenos in oo, pinto beans, corn, and beets. Now I'm satisfied. Lunch is our big meal of the day. Tonight will be a sandwich on diet bread. I like knowing ahead what we'll be having. Helps me stay focused. I have not weighed in a couple of weeks due to not going to WW Tues. I have 4 days counting today to help "undo" the damage I did earlier this week. Sometimes I wonder why I keep shooting myself in the foot. Don't I know that hurts?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #60

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Tea...jump right in..

I'm in Toronto now, leaving here and headed home tomorrow.

Pam!!! Take care of yourself for Pete's sake!!!!! I hope you have a safe trip to Florida, and not too much bad weather on the way.

I think Dr. Oz is full of it and on the take of the diet industry. But, it doesn't hurt to lose that 20 pounds if you need to. And, tomorrow, I start again. I think there might still be some food left in Ontario when I leave tomorrow.

I'm tired and wanna be home. But, I've loved seeing people. The weather is wet and cold thanks to it being fall and the hurricane.

I saw my former home today, the one I sold...just from the outside, but I was glad to see that it looked good and that the garden was being maintained...I loved that little patch of garden I created here.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.