Daily Thread--October 1-15, 2012

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • www.zappos.com is faster both shipping to you and the returns. Sometimes I pay more through zappos because I don't want to wait forever.
  • This was the pair I bought in black. Lots of support...cute...cushy. I generally wear an 8 but ordered 8.5 and still might have liked a bit more length. I was great with the width even though I've worn a wide from time to time.

http://www.zappos.com/keen-paradise-mj-black
  • Vickie, thank you for the info on the shoes. I'm checking them out. My SAS's are getting worn. I need some new shoes.

I've had a fun day with one of my gf's. We shot a round this morning, went out for lunch, then did some sightseeing. I took her out to the Beaumont Ranch. She'd never been there. Now I'm home and am watering the new honeysuckles. We're watching "Horse Whisperer." Seen it before but am enjoying it. Makes both of us miss Montana, though. We're planning to return to Big Sky Country next summer. for a visit with family and friends. And to see our mountains.
  • Hi all! I normally post on 50+ Golden Girls, but since I started WW Points Plus 2 weeks ago I decided to come on over and look around. I just wanted to say that the recipe for Cucumber Salsa looks so good! I copied it into my recipe file and will try it soon. Thanks!
  • Hi, Carol Sue. I hope you hang here with us. Most of us are 50+. Glad you like the recipe. We'd love to get some recipe ideas from you.

Vickie, I checked out the Keen shoes. They look good. Right now I'm not needing any like them but will keep them in mind for the future. But you know me. I'll prob have to ask you again for the brand name.

I'm home today helping Curtis recupe. He's still under the weather with allergies. He's stocked up with meds and Kleenex and should be better soon. Today is my Day 1 of no sugar and only 2 slices diet bread per day. I have gotten too liberal with my eating. I'm committing to eat this way till Tues WI at WW. Just like before, if I have a good loss, I'll keep it up another week.

Have a great day, all.
  • I am stressing a bit..
    I have 2 weeks and I haven't even gotten a list of repair request based on the inspection yet..
    This moving is hard work..

Just seems like way too much to get done in 2 weeks..
  • Moving is horrible! Good luck, Nancy

I started taking an anti-inflammatory and my foot is better today.
  • Hi Ladies

I'm back,Had a busy day on Wed & Thursday and wasn't able to post. Today I going out with Alice to Papa Ginos for take out pizza and than head down to the beach,that's if it doesn't rain.

Had a Mass for Leo and hopefully if it doesn't rain I will be heading down to the cemetery. This Nov 2 he'll be gone 3 years,its hard to believe how time flies by.

OH MAY GOODNESS,I just realized I haven't posted since the 7th. Yikes I'm sorry for being that MIA that long.

SANDRA-Thanks, Sending you some also I don't have ANY HALLOWEEN CANDY in my house even thought have more kids in the complex I will wait the last minute to buy it for the trick 'n treat kids.Congrats on losing all the weight you gained in Houston.

PAM-Thanks I really want to hit my goal my the end of this year,but so far I stuck at 158.Hope everything went well during the heart cat.

NANCY-Hope by now the inspection went well.and your moving.

Have to go,will come back tomorrow and read all the post instead of skim.

Have a great day
  • Rhonda, drugs are good. Glad they're working for you. You've suffered enough.

Nancy, we had a whirlwind move when we sold our home, too. Hang in there. It will slow down soon.

Maryann, we don't have any Halloween candy in the house yet either. Wouldn't do any good to buy it this early. We'd just have to buy more.

I am stocked up with CORE foods. I'm eating basically CORE but am counting Points+. We'll see how that works this week at wi. I did have 2 days not doing this, so a loss is a wonderful loss. Well, guess it always is, isn't it?

• I started my day with a protein shake, so that's a good beginning.

busy day and weekend and week!

I went to a poetry reading last night..6 of Texas's poets laureate were in town for a conference/reading..it was just great. I'm going to a party for one of them this afternoon. I have friends coming for dinner tomorrow night, and I have other friends coming from Washington state on Monday for two days. Thursday I go to Toronto for 10 days.

whew..
  • Rhonda, I love it! You're you again. Have fun and keep those roads hot.

We visited some friends today then went to lunch. I just finished mowing (Curtis is still having allergy probs). We have company coming tomorrow afternoon. Arrow flinging stuff.

I'm making good, healthy food choices. The scales should be friendly Tuesday. I hope so, anyway.

Hope you're all having a selectively satisfying Saturday. Catch you later.
  • Hi Ladies

ITS REALLY COLD UP HERE ON THE CAPE,BUT THAN I HEARD FROM A FRIEND THAT'S ITS GOING BACK TO THE 70'S AGAIN BY MONDAY.

Have not idea what happened but the scale went up today at W-I I'm 159 and hope no to get into the 160's again.

SANDRA-Went grocery shopping this and the Halloween candy didn't bother me hanging off the shelves. I just didn't buy it my friend is on the second bag of candy.

RHONDA-I LOVE protein shakes and I have them 3 x's a day during my fasting days,but I changed my days and I think my body's confused thinking that tomorrow is W-I.

Have a great evening and see you guys on Sunday.
  • Maryann, those scales will be friendly again soon. You're doing great especially passing up on that candy.
  • Good Morning Chicks! It's gray and dreary here and I've had a migraine for a couple of days now. I've decided that braving the treadmill might shake it loose. I've been so scared to reinjure my heel that I've been avoiding it.

I'm making a new recipe today. It's not all Core but it is healthy. I got it out of the new Marlene Koch recipe book. It's called Chicken Enchilada Bake. I like it because it called for low carb lowfat flour tortillas. I'm not much of a corn tortilla girl even though they are healthier. I hope it's good. It makes 6 servings so I'm hoping it will freeze well too.

Took Brodie to the Neurologist yesterday and got a very hopeful report. He definitely has seizures but the most mild of the mild for the moment. We are hoping that he'll never have another.

Have a great Sunday!
  • Still in the middle of inspections , buyer hasn't made any requests yet.
    After Wed we will be past the Due dillegence period and the sale will be more
    definite.

I am trying to stay calm, but there is LOTS to do..

Eating has been not great, but not awful..
    After this move I hope I can get in the exercise habit.
    The apartment is in a great walking neighborhood and close to my gym.