Daily Thread--October 1-15, 2012

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • good morning chicks.

Rhonda, it's nice to come in here and read that you are back to exercising. I know you are so dedicated. Yah, no pain meds.

Nancy, that was quick. Hope you can come to an agreement today. Good luck.

Sandra, glad your kiddies are behaving.

I might be going shopping with my daughter today. Nothing major. It's sunny and suppose to be a beautiful day.

Have a good day.
  • Rhonda, I agree with Pam. It's wonderful reading of your exercising again.

Pam, I hope you got to go shopping today. What did you get?

The kids are still awesome. You should see me with my welding classes. We have cleaned the shop (They did the work.) and we'll get to watch videos the rest of the week. I'm OP and am so proud of it.
  • Sandra, they have Foothills Festival here later in the month. They have a window display contest and we got things for my daughters salon window. They won last year and want to continue the trend. Good for you staying OP. I didn't do too bad today.
  • Pam..how was shopping ??

Sandra..welding class..you are brave!!

Rhonda..sounds like great progress is going on..

Where is everyone else??

I have a contract on my house !!!!..Very pleased with final price..I had to be tough today when they tried to counter my final counter.. I said no and 10 minutes later the realtor called and said they agreed to my final price..

Went with a friend & daughter's family to see house I like this afternoon.
    I am putting in an offer but don't really expect them to come down enough for it to get to the price that my realtor & I think it is worth..
  • Pam, how about photos of the window? We'd love to see it.

Nancy. Keep us posted.
  • good job Nancy. That was quick. Hope you can get the other house, but if not, there are plenty more out there. Shopping was fun.

Sandra, I have some sewing to do but will show you all when we get it done. They don't want to display until the day of judging. They want to keep it a secret so someone doesn't copy. We are using some of my things as props, so we will be able to set it up here and then they can do it when we take everything to the salon. As we were shopping, we kept thinking of different things to do and I think it's going to be pretty nice when we are done.
  • Congrats, Nancy.

Welding class??? why not!

I have been going to the gym throughout this time, except for a few weeks immediately after the surgery. But, it felt better this week. I still can't do much lower body work...just body weight squats. But, it will all come back.

I was actually able to wear shoes today other than hiking boots or walking shoes. That's good because I just don't want to wear my hiking boots to the wedding this Saturday.
  • Just found out my son dislocated his shoulder while kayaing today.
    Same one he did in the spring..Its hard to not be with them when
    they are hurt..Also scarey because with a shoulder out he can't roll the boat to get out of situations..But thankfully its not worse..
  • Nancy, glad your son is safe.

Rhonda, I didn't realize you'd still been going to the gym. I know you're glad to be back into your old routine as much as possible.

Pam, we will wait for those photos.

Sorry this is quick. We're heading to M&M. Been a good--OP!--day.
  • M&M as in candy?

I just made this cucumber salsa. I used greek nf plain yogurt in place of the sour cream. Ummm, delicious

http://pkstaples.blogspot.co.nz/2010...ber-salsa.html
  • I eat out alot because its something to do with friends..
    Tonight I wasnt even hungry but my cousin and I went to eat so we could come up with a moving plan..I need to find low calorie things to order that are more of a snack..
  • Pam, M&M stands for Mature Members at our church. Don't know where they get the "&" though.

Nancy, if you find something that works, let us know.

We are home from M&M. I stayed OP. Now isn't that amazing? Tomorrow is "Rock the Eagles" day at school. I'm going to put together a rock star costume. Gotta go see what I can find. Catch you later.
  • Sorry about your son, Nancy. Hopefully, he will heal quickly.

I'm off to a day of family events before tomorrow's wedding (great niece).

Have a good day everyone.
  • Hi Ladies

Have a chance to post before I got out with Rita to our Local restaurant. I had to go to choir practice yesterday. Otherwise nothing new, I'm down to 158 this morning on the scale,hope the scale stays at the # by Saturday.

Sorry being MIA & I haven't posting like I used to, I just joined in leading the rosary for one of our local nursing homes,and with the soup kitchen and meeting old & new friends for brunch or lunch I'm kept quite busy. I'm, so blessed to be able to meet more people,but now I don't have time for you guys to post to.

SANDRA-Thanks for the new pages,I know can't believe how time is moving on. My DGC turned 12 on the first,and hard to be they are going into the teenage life next year. YIKES!!!! my DD ism going to have her hands full. Where is M&M?????OH GEE!!! Your marvelous taking up[ welding lessons. I would very try it I agree with Rhonda you are brave.

RHONDA-Congrats to your friend losing 15 lbs cutting out carbs & sugar. I really believe its the carbs more than the fat. I'm low carbing and fasting two days a week and I'm feeling better with my walking is not bothering my breathing like it used to as I lost my tummy eating that way.

VICKIE-I agree, you have to exercise either walking or other activity.

PAM-If your watching carbs & sugar you might want to follow a portion control program that WW offers. 1/2 plate veggies 1/4 protein 1/4 carbs.

NANCY-Glad that you had a great time at the baby shower. Gee!! I haven't been at a baby show in ages,the last time when my DD was pregnant with my grand son. After I post i will go to the address you posted like to see the house your choosing.Congrats on your closing of your house hope everything goes smoothy.Hope by the time I posting your sons injury will be healed.

Have to go have a great day.
  • Maryann, you must think I'm really a character. I'm not taking welding lessons. I'm afraid I'd burn down the building. I was subbing in welding classes. All I did was supervise while they pushed brooms cleaning the shop. Then I showed them some welding videos. (Thank you for the smiles. I needed them.)

Nancy, how is your son? I thought I had asked before but see I hadn't. I apologize.

Rhonda, enjoy your time with your family. What are you wearing to the wedding?

We went to Cotton Patch Restaurant for dinner this evening. I had fried shrimp and loved every bite. I spent a few WAP's on them, but that's okay. Have a fabulously fun Friday, everyone.