Old 09-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Simply Filling/Core Chat: September 15-30, 2012

Good Morning Chicks! It's the middle of the month already!

Here are some new pages.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #2  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm back again,Thursday I went out to see my new Medjugorji friend Maureen at Dunkin Donuts,and than out with Rita yesterday,and stayed at the restaurant for two shift changes. The waitress were nice and let us stay. Tomorrow is Mary & I are going to a movie[haven't decided what to see] or restaurant if the movie isn't great.

Just wanted to tell you that I finally got down to 160.5 this morning so now I have 10 more pounds to get to reach my first goal.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages,now what is the set up, we are are going to have new pages every other week.

Have a great evening see you guys some time tomorrow
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the new pages Vickie.

Yes, Maryann...on the 1st and 15th we're creating a new thread. I'm enjoying hearing about how busy you are, and congratulations on the loss.

That's great news about your brother, Sandra. Thanks for telling us.

I'm sick--fever just below 100, sinus congestion, cough, the whole mix. I was supposed to be at a major political fundraiser tonight, but I'm home instead. Oh well, I sent my money in.

We did get out this morning for a bit, but I had to come home. Not before I had bought more plants though. Now, to feel well enough to get them in the ground. soon....

I'm so saddened by the death of our ambassador and his staff.

Last edited by Tejas; 09-15-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Vickie, thank you for the new pages. This month's flying by, isn't it?

Rhonda, I'm sorry you're sick. Take care of yourself.

Maryann, congratulations on being so close to your first goal. That's impressive.

My brother may go home from the hospital tomorrow. I am amazed! He looks like he's so much healthier already. I'm happy for him. He said he'll prob have his prosthetic by the end of October.

My food is not too bad--not too good either. I will go back to WW Tues to face the scales.

Have a great evening, everyone. I'll catch you later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #5  

fever's up to 100.6.

Sandra, so glad your brother is up and about and feeling better.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, be careful. I worry about West Nile Virus.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

We have had West Nile virus in my town, too! We are trying to be more diligent with repellant. You all be careful! Rhonda, feel better!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #8  

Sandra..great news about your brother..I know it is a relief to be at this point..

Maryann..I want to know how you hang out at Dunkin Donuts and lose !!!
You go girl !!!!

Took a friend to a neat steak house tonight. He has helped me all year with my yard work, so I treated.. Its about 30 minutes away but worth it..Nice evening..

I have been trying to figure out how to sort what I am keeping & getting rid of in the 2 sheds & garage and keep it all neat enough to show the house at any time. Can't really pull it all out like I normally would.
Today I started a plan & its working. One shed is almost done and most of another shed will be all things I can sell at another yard sale. After those 3 spaces are under control I will just need to continue to sort in the attic.
I have gone thru a lot but want to do more..

I am feeling very peaceful about the house selling whenever it does..even if it takes a long time..Now that the major projects are over I plan to work and
start doing more things that interest me..This house really has been an all day & everyday kinda thing...Its feels good to be on to other things !!!

Last edited by nancy237; 09-15-2012 at 11:26 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #9  

My fever went up, then broke about midnight. I have chest congestion. I doubt that it is WNV--I've used repellant and have not been out much at dawn and dusk. Our area has more cased per capita than anywhere.

Nancy, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling good about your situation. It's not easy to do what you're doing. Glad that you enjoyed your dinner.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I am happy everything's going well for you.

Rhonda, be careful.

We're home from church. Yesterday (I thought of you, Rhonda.) we went to Lowe's for birdseed. While we were there, we found Gold Flame Honeysuckle (like the one we brought to TX from MT). We bought several and are going to redo our fenced beds in front of the house. When we got home, I transplanted 8 groundcover rosebushes to the rabbits' bed out back. They have a premium briar patch. We're going to "jungle up" our place for critters.

Have a splendidly satisfying Sunday, Chickies.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #11  

Sandra, sounds like fun for the rabbits! I love honeysuckle and I bet the hummingbirds will too.

I did some planting yesterday too...my butterfly garden now has 2 dozen plants in it. I'll have to cull and transplant in a few years, but that's fine. C'mon Monarchs!

As I was gardening, a young man came by and hit me up for cookie dough for a school fundraiser. I know him from the neighborhood. He told me he is now in the 6th grade so I told him when I was in the 6th grade we tried to drive our teacher crazy and that he was to behave better. He promised he would

I didn't have fever during the day yesterday but it went up last night. Now, DH has whatever this is...just colds, I'm sure.

My eating has been limited by not feeling well, so that a plus
Old 09-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #12  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, a butterfly garden sounds beautiful. We're still looking out the window deciding whether or not to plant this morning or this afternoon. (looks like afternoon)

I'm sorry you and Doyle are sick but am relieved it's not WNV.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #13  

Wasn't able to get to sleep til 4 am last night.
But I don't have an appointment til 3 , so I am getting started
slow this morning.

When I do job interviews, do you think they will mind if I tell them that I don't
do Monday mornings
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Nancy,
Old 09-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nice weather so I took advantage and walked along the beach got my grocery shopping done and got a reduction on my cable bill. Was suppose to go to the cemetery but Leo has to wait until tomorrow. After getting back home I don't like to go out again,but I will have to appear at the Town Hall for a town meeting at 9PM for a church permit to have our Rosary Rally at 12 noon on the 13th of Oct instead of the 4 PM slot they promised another woman on the committee.

Other wise nothing new,Mary and I thought the movie Hope Springs was sad. Marriage can be hard enough without having the husband character that Tommy Lee Jones played. TG Leo was never that way.

RHONDA-I like to slow down a little, but I have this week to get through and than things will ease a little. Have to make a 3 bean salad for the soup kitchen this Friday. Have all the ingredients but no time to prepare it. Thanks I hope my weight will no go up, again. Sorry you're not feeling well soon. Glad to hear your fever broke,take care.

SANDRA-Thanks I think the 2 day fast is helping me bring my weight down. Don't know what I will do once I reach my final goal if I will continue the fast or just eat little bits of food. Haven't been hungry since the beginning of summer. Happy that your brother is better,and hope everything will go will with his prosthetic in October.

NANCY-It was easy I just ordered coffee and a mini egg,sausage wrap. NO DONUTS ON MY PLATE. Glad that you have a good plan to get the sheds organized. I hate clean out basements or sheds UGH!!

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote