Simply Filling/Core Chat: Sept 1-14th

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • New Pages

Ok, we're trying our new 2-week thread now. Get on board.
  • Good morning everyone.

Have you got Labor Day plans? Mine are to work in the yard as much as I can handle. We're invited to a picnic on Monday but I may spend the day with my niece instead.

I got on the scales; gained 8 pounds since the end of May. Discouraging, but it could have been worse. I'm back on very low carbs.
  • After being sick the other night I am down 3 lbs..
    Tough way to lose but I'll take it..
  • Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. I would prob have gained much much more. You'll have those extras off soon.

Nancy, I'm with you. I'd take it, too. Glad you're feeling better, though.

We had friends down from Keller today for shooting, eating, visiting. It was a good day. She thought I'd lost more than I have. Now that's good news for sure!!

We have friends coming over to shoot Sun and Mon. My gf's readying for a state championship in OK next weekend. Gonna be fun! Other than that, we'll go to church and out to lunch with friends.
  • DD is visiting from Oklahoma City!
  • We're up readying to go to church.

Sloan. Enjoy DD!
  • Good Morning Chicks!

The rain from Isaac continues here but it is the steady deep soaking we've needed for a long while and not the tragedy that is happening on the coast. I'm praying for all those poor people.

Rhonda, it's heck to hurt isn't it? I hope you're back to tip top shape soon. I certainly understand about the 8 pounds since I have 25 of my own. At some point during my 18 months, i just gave up and let it happen. Keep fighting, my friend.

Nancy, NOT the way to lose weight. Sorry you were sick. My Sister has a hiatal hernia like me and she won't take the medicine so she can't heal her stomach which means she can't eat. She's lost 30 pounds and she's still dropping. Hope you're feeling better today.

Sandra, you sound like you are having a ball! Keep it up.

Sloane, enjoy DD and have a wonderful holiday.

Pam, someone else recommended those Popchips to me. I guess I shouldn't try them if they are really addictive. I'm trying to eat more clean also.

Mary Ann, try to survive the tourists. At least you know they keep your taxes low!

I'm going to the birthday party of my Great Nephew today who actually turns 9 today. It'll be nice. My Nieces and Nephews always go all out with catered food supplemented with family favorites. It will be an eating trap! I slept late so I'll nibble here before we go to try not to go hungry so I have some semblance of will power. We have no plans for tomorrow but may go to our favorite mexican place for dinner.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend.
  • Vickie, how are you feeling? You sound a little down with your post. Go enjoy yourself at the birthday party. Those little ones grow up too fast.

My gf will be here in a few minutes. It's hot and sunny. I'll prob get a redo on my tan.

Ya'll have a good day.
  • I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I've been working in the yard. The progress is slow because I am pulling out Bermuda grass from hard packed sand/clay--the thatch is about 2 + inches thick. I've bought topsoil and plants in anticipation of having the grass out in a few days. It may take longer, but that's all right.

Sandra, it sounds like you're having fun with friends...wonderful.

Vickie, I hope you survived the eating temptations.

Sloan, I hope you have a great visit with your daughter.

Nancy, I hope you feel better now.

If you're enjoying this 3 day weekend, don't forget who made it possible.
  • Good Morning Chicks! I had a very nice time at the party yesterday and did a good job with my eating though there were no healthy choices. If I sounded down it was because I'm pretty miserable and uncomfortable in my skin.

Sandra, thanks for caring. How's that tan? I hid inside yesterday. Too humid. Humidity makes me feel sick and it is the height of our allergy season here. I'm very allergic to weeds.

Rhonda, did you conquer all that grass? I picture you doing a butt walk through the yard getting it all pulled out. We are having a core aeration done next week just in the front and sides of the house. We need it done in back too but it is too messy with a dog!

Today will be quiet. We aren't going out to eat. We decided to stay home and cook our last two fresh (frozen) turkey thighs. We'll have mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, and homemade applesauce with them. We are pooped. Yesterday was a really high energy party. It's quiet in here right now like I like it!

Have a great Labor Day. Rhonda's right. Remember the reason for the holiday.
  • Good morning. We had a good time yesterday even though it was H O T. I came inside and got my Chilli Pad and wrapped it (wet) around my head. That kept me much much cooler. My weight is up a pound this morning. Of course, that makes me want to eat more. Crazy!

Rhonda, I hope you're getting to work in the shade. That will help some with the heat. Looks like we're in for a scorching week. You be careful.

Vickie, I understand how you're feeling. I am feeling the same this morning. Curtis is having problems with allergies. So far, I'm all right except for a rash around my nose.

It's amazing how being up 1 pound from last week makes me want pizza. Did ya'll know you have a crazy friend here?
  • Yes, I'm working only in the shade. It's very humid today and I'm probably not going to work in the yard. I'm hoping to go swimming later with my niece.

Sandra, don't you eat that pizza Vickie, enjoy your slower day today, and it's good to hear that you enjoyed yesterday.

I lost a pound.
  • Hi Ladies

Sorry for being Mia for several days I was kept either busy or could it be lazy with all this weather I just seemed to want to veg out.

Now that Sept is here I'm going to be busy with my choir practice and other church activity beginning this fall and beyond.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages, I like the new idea of every other week thread. No I'm not doing anything this Labor Day Weekend.I'm going to be alone today,as all my friends are with their families,but I'm not upset as I went to movies with my friend Mary to see Ice Age. They movie out there that's worth seeing. Congrats on your 1 lb loss. I stayed the same this week

NANCY- Congrats on your 3 lb weight loss but that not a way to lose hope you're feeling better today.

SANDRA-Have a great time with your friends this weekend.

SLOAN-Have a wonderful time with your DD visit. Take some photos to remember the visit.

VICKIE-Went down to the beach this morning to walk along the beaches but I was surprised the were quite empty. The lifeguards are still here. I guess the children are now gone back to school earlier that they were last year. My DGC started school last Wednesday. Have a great time at the birthday party. I having pork chops with mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts.

Have to start my dinner have a great day
  • good afternoon chicks. I slept till 9:30 this morning. I must have been super tired, as I went to bed earlier than usual.

Talked to my sis today. She's been doing paleo diet and lost 5 lbs in a week. I think it's similar to what sloan is doing. I can live with that diet. No beans, which is something I love, but I need to do something. I've gained around 5 lbs and need to get a grip on that.

I used to participate in the parade in Detroit when I was working. Happy Labor Day!!!
  • Hi there. We're home from town. I haven't had any pizza, but I could have made a few better choices. I'm not sure I'm going to WW in the morning. We may take the boat out on the lake. This will be Curtis' first chance in over 2 months. He needs to do this. I hope we go.

Maryann, I'll bet you enjoyed Ice Age yesterday. I saw the first one but haven't wanted to see the others. I would like to see Brave and also the new Batman movie. Th

Curtis and I had company this morning. My gf came out and was here till after noon flinging arrows. She's doing really well.

It's H O T!! I am really tired after being outside all morning. The rest of the day I'm just "chillin."

Ya'll have a good day.