Old 09-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

oh well, I did work in the yard, and did not go swimming!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #17  

Tried to work this morning in the yard and gave up and went back to bed. Did get some shopping done this afternoon. I had a careful plan to have this house ready for the photographer by Wed but getting sick wasn't in the plan.

I have a yard guy coming tomorrow and if I feel better I can get the inside finished. I really only have some touch up painting, hanging some things and cleaning windows. If I don't feel better I am going to rest and get it listed when its ready..

Its so close, can't beleive I got sick enough to stop on this final stuff...

My appetite is back some tonight so that is a good sign.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #18  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Didn't do anything but bum around,yesterday.
Thought that my friends were with there families until I called them last night. Oh well!!,I walked along the beach for around 25 mins before going home to start dinner.

Tourist are numbering down,beaches are emptying out,now it our [locals] time to enjoy the cooler weather and temps.

Going on a cruise around the Cape Cod Canal for Birth-rite next Sunday with a bunch of people from my church. Now I just found out there are possibilities to either go to Italy or The Holy Land some time next year,with a group trip. Hopefully it won't be a pipe dream.

Otherwise noting is new.

PAM-Congrats on your sister losing 5 lbs. Just eat less and going on low carb fasting for two days is bringing my #'s down.

SANDRA-I used to go to drama or action movies but now a day they are so immoral that my friend Mary and I like the cartoons better.

NANCY-Happy that all is going fine with the house,Take it easy and take a deep breath,don't get over whelmed.Things will fall into place.

Have to go have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, we're so ready for cooler temps. I'll bet you are, too.

Nancy, just do what you can. My eating was horrible yesterday. I'm redusting today.

Maryann, I'm glad you're getting your beach back. I hope you get to take your trip next year. Enjoy your cruise.

I went to WW this am but chose not to WI. The meeting was about the importance of believing in yourself. I really enjoyed it. Glad I went. I need to find a different meeting next week as I'm subbing Tuesday.

Last edited by ontarget; 09-04-2012 at 03:02 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #20  

Lots got done today, I feel better, AC got fixed, and photo session of house got moved to Friday...

On top of all that the guy I hired off Craigslist to help in the yard showed up and I decided right then and there I was working outside today. Drop dead handsome, nice, worked for America Cancer Society for 8 years, and articulate.. He is a personal trainer too and biked (as in bicycle) here from across town. Asked if he could change from bike shorts in the garage and I was thinking " You can change anywhere you would like & let me know if you need help !!!"

He is coming back tomorrow..
Old 09-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, your post makes me smile! I hope Mr. Drop Dead Handsome turns out to be a nice guy! Start batting those "baby blues"

Had a fun visit with DD. We will be going to Oklahoma in October to visit. Long drive, but worth it to see my girl!

Diet is not going well the last couple of days. I need to do some grocery shopping!!

Last edited by sloanie; 09-04-2012 at 05:39 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Nancy! You go, girl!!! Bat those baby blues for sure.

Sloan, I had a meltdown yesterday but am back on track today. And my getting back on track included grocery shopping this morning.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #23  

Just cooked a stir fry with steak & veggies..I am going to try to start fixing dinner more instead of picking up.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #24  

hello chicks.

Maryann, a trip to Italy sounds like fun. I'm not too keen about traveling overseas, but Italy or France sounds good to me. I can't remember the last time I went to a movie. I have to tape everything on tv, as I can't sit still for 2 hrs. I watch at my convenience.

Rhonda, sorry you didn't get to swim. It's too hot to do yard work.

Sandra, glad you can jump back on after falling off. I wish it was that easy for me.

Nancy, I had to smile reading about Mr. Drop Dead Handsome. I don't mind cooking, just hate shopping for food.

sloan, hope you had a good visit with your daughter. We are allowed to go off our diet when we have company. It's in the rule book, #501.

Vickie, your dinner sounded good. I only make mashed potatoes when we have a family gathering. My kids love them. Otherwise, no potatoes in this house, except for sweet.

Day 2 of this diet. It was my daughters birthday and her salon partner called and invited me to lunch to surprise her. Mexican. I was so good. No chips. I ordered fajitas and only ate the chicken, peppers and lettuce with some salsa and guacamole. I am determined to drop at least 5 lbs. Then I'm going to switch over to South Beach Diet. I like my grains and beans. Can't have either right now.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Trips, Craiglist...hmm, some of us are having more fun than the others!

Nothing new here. I had another hard night--awake often. Finally at 7AM I really crashed and slept until 11.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #26  

are you still in a lot of pain Rhonda? Are you out of the boot? I have those nights where I can't sleep. 4 hrs isn't going to cut it. Hope you get some rest tonight.

Still sticking with my diet. Day 3. I even did Leslie walking tapes 2 days in a row. Haven't done it today and not sure if I will. We are having a late dinner.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Forgot to mention. Sloan, I love your new avatar. What a great picture. You can see the love.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm sorry you're having such pain. Do you still have pain meds you can take?

Pam, you bragged on me too soon. I deep-ended today after I got home from school. I need a spanking or something.

My brother is scheduled for his amputation the 13th. He's ready to do it now as the pain has gotten continuously bad. On a good note--he's now ready to have the surgery and has stopped dreading it.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #28  

Sandra..I am glad your brother is getting this behind him & that he seems to be accepting it better..

Lots done today and I am beat. I am getting on a better schedule of working hard all day and then being done by evening. I used to often get started late and keep working til bedtime.

Weird thing..last night in the middle of the night I heard something loud that sounded like it hit our shed or side of the house. This morning I found a tree limb that came straight down and right through the roof of the shed ..
It wasn't that large around (maybe 4 inches ) That would have killed someone if it had hit them. It wasn't even windy last night.

Yard guy worked all day, I told him today that it was fine if he ever wanted to take a dip in the pool to cool off ..

Him Me

Just kidding around girls !!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #29  
focused and aiming

Nancy, a little over 30 years ago we had a pool put in by a guy who looked a lot like Tom Selleck. I had 2 gf's come over and we watched him work. He was shirtless while working the backhoe. We had a lot of innocent laughs and giggles, so I totally understand.

That's something about the tree limb. Sure am glad no one was hurt.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
Nancy, a little over 30 years ago we had a pool put in by a guy who looked a lot like Tom Selleck. I had 2 gf's come over and we watched him work. He was shirtless while working the backhoe. We had a lot of innocent laughs and giggles, so I totally understand.

That's something about the tree limb. Sure am glad no one was hurt.
About 20 years ago I hired a tree guy and when I looked out he had taken his shirt off and he was built & tan & gorgeous ..We had a close neigborhood and all the girls suddenly needed to stop over when the word got out.. The 70 year old lady behind me found some trees to hire him for in a hurry !! He still does my trees...