Old 08-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I can't come near that. You win, my friend. And congrats on being so close to your monthly goal.

We were at the archery shop all morning. I flung arrows while Curtis did some coaching/trouble shooting. The shop owners wanted us to come back this afternoon, but we opted to stay home. Curtis' back is hurting. We think it's related to his shoulder surgery. He's taking pain meds now and is taking it easy.

I had forgotten to change my tracker, so I'm doing that now. I'm .8 from the 170's. Life is good.

Last edited by ontarget; 08-25-2012 at 04:03 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Bummer! Just lost a long post to each of you. I'm too lazy to retype. Just know I'm thinking of you.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Maryann, that's quite a story. I'm glad it worked out. Congrats on continuing to lose weight.

Pam, you know your body, we don't. I hope you get a good check-up when you see your doctor.

I spent 3 hours today pulling weeds at church and another hour doing general maintenance. I wore my hiking boots and that helped. I've made two cakes for our cookout tonight. Right now the kids at church are having a "splash day" party. It's not terribly hot and I hope they're enjoying themselves. Tomorrow we have a service during which everyone pours water of some sort into a common vessel and tells the story of the water...from a vacation, a river, home, wherever. We sanitize the water and use it throughout the year in christenings, that sort of thing. Maybe I should take water from my hot tub?? Or, better, yet, some ice?

Sandra, congrats on being close to the 170's. I hope Curtis feels better soon. I had a restless night last night and took Ibuprofen instead of the other stuff. That was a mistake I think.

Have a good night everyone.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I hope you get some rest tonight free of pain. Curtis is feeling better now. I'm guessing he took part of a pain pill. Also, I made him a pan of cornbread using butter to grease the pan.

If I have a good loss this Tues, I'm going to do another week of no potatoes, 2 slices diet bread,and 26 pts per day. If I don't have a good loss, I'll go back to using my WAP's and eating what I want within point limits. Time will tell.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #35  

Went to eat at a friends house who is a talented cook..
She made Bobby Flay's Lamb and Black Bean Chili.
Outstanding..But she also made amazing Mexican Fried Bread that I did not resist

Tomorrows another day ...

I worked all day in my garage and have that ready for listing..
I am taking one space at a time now and doing the finishing touches..

Maryann..glad no one was hurt..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #36  
focused and aiming

Nancy, tell us more about the Mexican bread. I'm curious. (I miss my bread.)

We're ready for church. My gf may come out this afternoon to shoot. Did I tell you she's going to the Oklahoma State Senior Games in 2 weeks? We're not going. We shot the one here in TX back in March. She couldn't go then so she's going to OK to qualify for Nationals. (not that any of us will be going to Nat'ls in Cleveland next year.)
Old 08-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #37  

The whole recipe with the chili, relishes and bread are Bobby Flay.
Its called Lamb and Black Bean Chili .
I don't know why she called it Mexican Bread because the recipe doesn't say that,
maybe because of the way it was cooked..

I can add the link here if we are allowed to, does anyone know the rule on that.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #38  

Okay, I checked the forum rules and it seems like recipes links are okay and mainly advertising links that are not allowed. So here is the link. I think the chili itself is pretty heathy, but not the bread.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/b...ipe/index.html
Old 08-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #39  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Waiting around before I go to Mary's house and than head to the Glass Onion for dinner. Its a new restaurant that opened in our village. Mary went with her DD some time last week and like it,so I'm going to try it today.

Not going to the movies this weekend as there's nothing decent playing this week.
Thanks for all you're concern about my car accident. I fine and I didn't think about all day. TG the other folks are Ok also

Have to go will post tomorrow
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I don't dare make that. It looks really good. (I don't think it's as off track than Fried Frito Pie).

Maryann, glad you had a good day.

We didn't get to shoot much due to rain--but that's a wonderful problem.

Last edited by ontarget; 08-26-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey y'all! I spent about 7 hours doing statistics problems for my college class. I have set a goal to work at least 6 hours every weekend so I can get this class done. I am not a fan of math. I found out Friday that I got in to the online class I need, and it starts in October. I just hope I have the statistics done, so I won't be too stressed out. I am hanging in there on my diet and am still at 144.5 ish.

Maryann, sorry about your accident. Glad no one was hurt. Congrats on losing the pound!!

Rhonda, sounds like you have been doing a lot. Hope you are giving your foot a chance to rest!

Sandra, sorry you lost your post. Your reference to Fried Frito Pie made me smile

Nancy, sounds like you are really making great progress! Think pink!

Hey Vickie and Pam!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #42  

So frustrated..

I went to my Lowes hardware store to match paint for different rooms here that my handyman spackled and
that I needed to touch up..None of the matches were even close and even the sheen (eggshell,flat,satin ect) were off..

I cried at the hardware store trying to figure it out because Robin would know all this, I am tired , the deadline to list is Monday and I have know idea how to solve the paint problem without having the whole house interior repainted.

Then I have one friend who always says I need counseling if I have a moment like that, I think its normal to have a "moment" as I call them. One helpful guy at the store was telling me that the touch up stops will never look right & I teared up..Funny now...

So I am behind on the yard and behind on the house and ready to just burn the place down..That should solve the problem of my junk and listing it...

Its days like this that I want to run away to the mountains and rent a tiny cabin ..Rent so I have no maintenance...My real friends will come see me.

Thanks for letting me vent..It will work out..