Old 08-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Pain does not glorify the human spirit.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

I hear ya, Rhonda. The only arguments we've had during all this is over my driving. I guess he's a little shorter since I bit off his head.

I downsized before moving to Montana then again before moving back to Texas. For me it got easier and easier to declutter. At first things had more sentimental value. Guess I've been lucky. I haven't regretted giving up anything yet. Hope that lasts.

We just had chicken fajita salad/ff rf beans for lunch. It was delicious!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Well, OK, if you beat him up, I'll go easy on him.

I had a very busy afternoon trainer and then with great-great nephew and great-niece----then I went to two meetings--one political and one related to the city's new city plan.

Enough! Going to bed.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #19  
beachbum

HI Ladies

Had a wonderful time out in Hyannis,we took the bus at 12:15 that had a least 10 stops before we got to Hyannis[1hr] but once we got there we walked down Main street until we found the Schooner restaurant and stayed there until 3 PM.We almost took the DUCK DUCK tour but decided not to as we really didn't know what the bus schedule was for our return trip home. One hour later we went for ice cream and than headed back to the bus terminal for the 4:30 bus.

Today is a stay home day as it looks like it going to down pour soon. At our parish we have a flea market going on today and tomorrow,Bought some cook books last year, but this year I'm not going but anything as I have to much that I have to get rid of as my DD & DS don't want my good china or silverware and other things they don't want. I guess what we liked from our parents years ago,is a lost art as kids today don't have any sentimental value and don't want old stuff .I have lots a religious statues that the kids don't want either. Have to find a convent or church that I can donate too.

SANDRA-Oh with this hot humid weather I thought it might be water retention. It hard not to indulge even it if was just a peach cobbler. This is the first year that I'm not eating as much in this hot heat, last year I to eat all the time .{{{{{{{ WARNING}}}}}}}} That's the reason I don't belong to face book I don't TRUST that site and I had to go into it when i DD came back from Ireland and put all her pictures in it.

RHONDA-My friend Rita thought of going out of Falmouth as we did all the restaurant is town so now we are branching out to other towns it just took us 1hr on the bus to get there. Just call us the HAPPY WANDERERS.We did have fun,the town wasn't as crowded as usual but we think they all were at the beach.

Have to go,have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Just got home a bit ago from flinging arrows at the new shop. What a life! We had a great time. Of course, Curtis was coaching and not shooting. He should be able to shoot in a couple of months or so.

My eating's going well. Life is good.

Happy Wanderer, enjoy yourself.

Rhonda, we're eager to see you two tomorrow evening. (And we're eager to go to Braum's, too.)
Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Still staying close to the Leptin Resistance food list. I have lost 5 pounds, so far. It has been amazing that I have not been hungry at all! I am eating mostly no starch veggies, eggs, fish, chicken, citrus fruit, berries, nuts, and olive oil. I am also drinking lots of green tea. I know that a majority of the 5 pounds is water, but it feels nice to see my weight going down instead of up.
We are still in limbo about starting school. Our school board has cut the budget further, and the county commission will vote on funding on Monday. So far, only about one third of the commissioners have voted in favor of funding. As you can imagine, parents are outraged and have started petitions to recall several of the commissioners. It is crazy but is a very good lesson in local government.

Sandra, congrats on your "eating well". Sorry Curtis is giving you "the business" about your driving.

Rhonda, glad you can still go to the trainer. Hope your foot is coming along.

Maryann, some of my favorite things are dishes and linens that came from my grandmother.

Nancy, you are going to feel so good when all of your hard work is done. Nice that you have access to a stager.

Hey Pam and Vickie!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Sloan. 5 pounds = 5 pounds. I'm happy for you. You're doing great. Thank you for giving us some info on what you're eating.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #23  

hey chicks. I was gone all day yesterday. I met a client of my daughters and she wanted me to come to her moms house. She passed away 3 wks ago. She has some antique pieces and wanted my opinion on the value. The lady was an organized hoarder. Never threw anything away. Oh my. I couldn't believe all the stuff in that house. Clothes, clothes and more clothes. Papers, kitchen packed to the brim. etc etc. I spent the whole day with her. I helped declutter one side of the dining room. It is going to take them forever to clean out that house. Really liked her. She is originally from Chicago so we had a lot in common, me being from Michigan.

Today I made my curtain panels and got them hung. I love them.

Rhonda, sorry you are still in so much pain. I meant about my knee surgery, if I knew ahead of time how painful it would be, I would have not had the surgery. It was horrific.

Sandra, glad you had fun flinging arrows. I bet Curtis is itching to get back to that.

Maryann, we'll just call you the Wanderer now. Glad you girls are venturing out and seeing new things.

Nancy, I would love to come stage your home. Best of luck with that.

sloan, you need to post a sample menu for a couple days. I need to get serious about losing 20 lbs. I have gained 2 lbs and if I don't do something about it now, it will be 5 lbs and then 10 lbs before I know what hit me. Congrats on 5 lbs. That is so great.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

Pam, I'll bet you thoroughly enjoyed your visit. And you were prob a great deal of help for her.

Curtis was in coaching mode all morning. He was hoarse when we left. :
Old 08-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

We met Doyle and Rhonda at Braum's Ice Cream Parlor this evening. It was good to visit with them. I'm afraid Doyle and I bore Curtis and Rhonda with so much talk about the past. We get caught up chatting about our grandmother. She was quite the character! Hmmmmmm----so are Doyle and I. Wonder where we got it.

We're looking forward to seeing them again next month. Life is good!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #26  

We had a successful yard sale today. Daughter decided to set it up inside the garage & advertise "rain or shine" because we had a rainy forecast. I think that meant lots of extra people and we sold almost everything we wanted to

Eating has been really bad all day, so tonight I went grocery shopping to start doing better.. Here is my plan

Breakfast- protein shakes
Lunch- salads
Dinner- chicken,lean meats,seafood and veggies
snacks- cheese /nuts /yogurt

How does that sound??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #27  

sounds perfect Nancy. That is how I want to eat, but it never seems to happen. I have the best of intentions and then a bump in the road messes it up.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam920 View Post
sounds perfect Nancy. That is how I want to eat, but it never seems to happen. I have the best of intentions and then a bump in the road messes it up.
me too..that is why my tracker isn't very honest right now
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #29  
focused and aiming

Nancy, sounds healthy to me. I am trying to snack on fruit but sometimes Braum's hops in. Well, other sources hop in, too. Like Vickie reminds us, "Baby steps."

I am feeling smaller today, but should feel smaller than that. Again--baby steps.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, are you getting rain? Storms? So far we're not getting anything.