Core/Simply Filling Weekly Chat - July 9th through July 15, 2012

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good Morning Chicks!

Here are some new pages for the week.

I'm running.......
  • Vickie, thank you for the new pages.

We just got home from getting clearance from Curtis' cardiologist. Looks like he'll have his surgery Monday. We stopped for lunch at Olive Garden on the way home. Rhonda, I had a glass of Principato Rosato. I'm very relaxed and happy. Ya'll have a good day.
  • Thanks for the pages, Vickie.

Where is he having the surgery Sandra? Good for you with the wine. I haven't had any pain meds since 5AM, and I'm thinking about wine for dinner. I'll ask the doc when I see him this afternoon.

We're going to treat ourselves and go here:

http://www.hannahsoffthesquare.com/

I've had an easy day, again, and with even less pain. I hope to get the bandage changed for something less bulky.

Back later..
  • Rhonda, he's having it at Baylor Surgical Center. That's a small orthopedic surgery center just off 12th Avenue.

Enjoy your dinner out this evening. Looks like a neat place! I hope you can have your wine.

I slept all afternoon. Last night I hardly slept. I talked to my brother yesterday. He's going to have to have his left foot amputated. He got a 2nd opinion from a Dallas surgeon who told him he had to have it but to postpone it as long as possible. My poor men!
  • Rhonda- I'm glad you are feeling well. I'm happy the pain is not too bad.

Sandra- Does your brother have a non-healing wound? I work in the microbiology department at my hospital. I know how bad all those little bacteria can be.

I received some bad news today about my friends wedding. Apparently the groom, who I have known for 12+ years, has been having some sort of relationship with his ex. She is not sure how much to believe. But, she did catch him in a lie and he had his ex's cell number programmed in his phone under the name Bradley. So even if there was no actual "cheating" there has been a break in the trust. He said he hasn't talked to her that much. I told my friend she needs to check his cellphone records. If he is telling the truth he should let her see them. I'm crushed for her.

I was going this evening to rent the yacht club for the bridal shower. I guess I will wait to see what happens.
  • Jackie, that's sad about your friend. I don't know what to say except that if he's not being faithful, it's better to find out now than after the wedding. Sad.

My brother has diabetes. He's had a spot on his left foot for over 1.5 years that's not healing. My heart breaks for him. He received a kidney a few years back. He's had a hard time. I can't really talk about this much locally because he doesn't want people he knows to know yet. He's a private person.
  • Oh my, Sandra, that's sad news. We won't mention it to anyone. Yes, your poor men. Be strong.

And, Jackie..I'm so sorry also. What a mess.

I did not have wine because after the doc finished with me I was in pain and wanted drugs I have a new boot that looks like a ski boot with a partially open toe. It makes walking possible without crutches. He said that I am healing well and I see him again in 8 days. I am going to get used to this doing nothing, I fear.
  • Rhonda, I've worn the boot, too. I hope you can "lose" yours after your next visit.

I slept like a baby last night and am up ready to go to WI. It won't be good news, but I am going. That's the main thing.

Ya'll have a good day.
  • I'm home from WW. I changed my tracker to show my .8 lb gain. Not as bad as expected!

Rhonda, don't worry about keeping it quiet about Jim. It's the small town we're from that he doesn't want to know. He likes the people there; he just doesn't want them to know for some reason.

We're going to a local archery center in a few minutes to meet friends and fling arrows inside @ 75*. Should be fun. Ya'll have a terrific Tuesday afternoon.
  • Hi...I did a little cooking today, standing in my boot. It takes some getting used to but it's better than crutches!

We are joining my niece, her husband and their grandson for Mexican food. Our favorite place has developed some low calorie items. I told her: only 10 chips!
  • Rhonda, Ole!! Have fun!
  • Good morning everyone. I was good at the Mexican food place--only 10 chips and grilled chicken tortilla soup. The soup was too salty of course. I wish they would lose that salt shaker. Today, I'll be having a turkey vegetable soup that I made in the crock pot yesterday.

Last night was the first night since surgery that I did not prop my foot up. My hip was really hurting so I gave it a rest. I'll keep the foot up today. The bruising is spreading but that's to be expected. Sandra, I'm really sending Curtis all the good vibes I've got. He is going to HURT, at least for a while. Hopefully though the surgery will be successful and the hurt won't last too long---better than what he's got now anyway.

I haven't watched TV since last Friday and I don't miss it. I get quite enough news on the internet and I don't have to listen to anyone's voice .

Today I'm going to venture out with a few errands, with DH at the wheel. Not much though.
  • morning chickies.

Rhonda, good to hear you are healing. Don't try to do too much today.

Sandra, best of luck to Curtis on his surgery. I think I put on a few pounds overnight. Must be all the salt. Hubby is up too, so that has to be it.

Hope all you chicks are having a great week. It's cooled down some for us. Had rain yesterday and looks overcast today.
  • Rhonda, pace yourself. You're healing wonderfully. That's good. Soup sounds good, too. Kudos on being good at the Mexican restaurant. That's quite an accomplishment, especially when you prob need comfort food to help with the pain.

Pam, you're prob right about the salt. Just "flush" it out.

We're heading out in a bit to go to a local archery shop then to shop for Curtis some "necessities." Should be a cool day for us inside. I feel smaller today than I did this morning. I'm hoping I'm back in the 170's.

Got to go. I'm having a fruit bowl for bfast. Have a Wickedly Wonderful Wednesday!
  • Hi Ladies

Was here several time yesterday but I didn't see a thread to post to,sorry I was MIA. Nothing really new,Got my car to the Toyota dealer and he couldn't give me an inspection sticker as my car needed a emissions air fuel sensor. He fixed it and told me to come back next week for the inspection sticker,as I have to drive the car for additional 100 miles as my mileage is lower that the states mileage for my year of car which is a 2002 Avalon. He told that he loved my car and I shouldn't change it for anything. So I'm going to go out more often on the road to build up my mileage.

Now I'm Home again waiting for my handyman to come this morning and get my hedges cut. He's late again. Leo & I were a stickler to being on time,always go to my destination always 15 mins ahead of time.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages,

SANDRA-HOPE all goes well with your DH's surgery on Monday putting you & CURTIS on my prayer list. I love the Olive Garden, they have a share 2 for 1,along with lots of choices. A .8 gain is probably water. It will come off as fast as it came.

RHONDA-Hope you had a good time at Hanna's,I always like new places to eat,,tomorrow Rita and I are going to The Flying Bridge restaurant right on the Harbor, it going to be expensive but in the summer time along with the ambulance what do you expect. Happy to hear that your foot is getting better with each day,just take it easy for a while,until it heals properly.

JACKIE-I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and her wedding. It s better to break it off than to go into a marriage and have that hanging over you. I broke my engagement twice thanks be to God, to met my loving Leo years later. Its hard,to break up now,but it easier than getting married and than having a family.

PAM- Have a great day,glad that your getting nice weather down there.

Have to go, have a great day