Old 07-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

Its the only fireworks I could find so ignore the welcome part..
Or it could be "Welcome, July 4th !!"

I was planning to go to a concert & fireworks this afternoon but we have severe
weather forecast this afternoon and I guess I am not up for crowds & heat & storms...

I am meeting a friend for shopping & then may paint my bathroom ..It's the one I redid last year but never painted..

Vickie...feel better..What have you been eating ???
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Nancy, that's clever. I looked and didn't find a 4th one either. I like what you chose. Very festive.

Maryann, enjoy your day.

Just got home from the store loaded with apples and oranges. Going to cut down on bananas. My monkey days are on pause.

Last edited by ontarget; 07-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

The parade was fun and we made quite a display, especially considering it was our first time in the parade. I handed my great-niece over to her parents, then picked up DH for breakfast out. Then I had a nap, and I might have another one.

It's a quiet day, even with the parade. And, that's fine with me.

I will have my great niece for part of the day, and I need to find something good to do. Anyone have any movie recommendations for an 8 year old?

I hope you're all having a good day.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

"Brave" or "Madagasgar II"

It's almost time for us to go to the fish fry. Should be fun and we'll get to see some friends we haven't seen in awhile.

Last edited by ontarget; 07-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #35  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Not only is my fridge not working correctly but now my car is having the check engine light come on telling me some it wrong.I call Toyota dealing and they told me not to worry if the car is operating otherwise ok. He told me it was the omission s I made an appointment on Monday at 9AM for that problem and getting an inspection. Does it ever end,what else will happen as this is #2.

NANCY-Happy that you went out yesterday and had a great time. Rita and I went down to WH by the 11:30 AM bus,where there was a parade of all scientific areas,after that we went to lunch at Landfall,stayed there until 2:30 and then we walked around town,had ice cream and come back on the 5PM bus. I saw the Boston Pops and fireworks on tv.

SANDRA-Thanks we had a great time,but we were surprised to see our town of Falmouth and woods hole empty where did the tourist go. We go into a very busy restaurant with out any trouble as it was empty.

RHONDA-I second Sandra my friend Mary took her g-son to both of them.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #36  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Gotta go shower to get out of the way of the cleaning lady.

I definitely have a bug or bad effects from the heat. Stomach is still off. Date night has definitely been postponed. Heat wave is expected to last until Saturday here.

Hope you are all safe, happy, and on program.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Hi there. We're simmering meatballs waiting to go to our 3rd gathering this week. Can you see my butterfly wings? I feel like a social butterfly.

Vickie, I hope you're on the mend and are feeling much much better. This heat is something. I imagine your heat is stifling due to humidity. When we were in Hamilton, OH a couple years back, we nearly overheated during National Target Championship. (And I had worn black. Not good!)

Maryann, sorry about your car and fridge. Seems it's always something, doesn't it?

I prob won't be going swimming the next 2 Mondays at least. I'm already missing being out in the sun. My tan is fading.

Keep cool. I'll catch ya later.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #38  

Met my friend at 1 and we ate & walked & talked at the Mall and the next thing I knew it was 5:30. It was just like old times and we both couldn't beleive we
let ourselves get out of touch..

Getting my hair highlighted tomorrow and then going to spend the weekend with a childhood friend. Trying to get some visiting done before I start job hunting. I have an autistic nephew (on Robin's side) that wants to come visit this summer for a week. He is 18 and I am a bit nervous about how things would go, but I think we all want to give it a try.. May do that at the end of July. My step daughter that lives near me will help out..

Feel Better Vickie !!!

Maryann..you are right it all comes at one time doesn't it..Hoping your car a simple fix.

Rhonda..which movie did you pick ?? My grandson enjoyed A Dolphin Tale . It may be out at Redbox now if you have Redbox there. Sweet true story about a dolphin's recovery from an injury.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #39  

My great niece slept in and I didn't pick her up until almost noon. We did two errands I had to do. We went shopping for what is called the "Apple Project"....buying school clothes for needy children. I bought her a few things also. We took DH out for Mexican food and she ate so much I was astounded Then, I took her to art class, then home. We had fun and will do it again soon.

I have surgery on my foot in the morning, so I'll write when I recover from the grogginess...will be glad to get it over.

New 'fridges, new/old friends, social butterflying....you folks are busy! Glad to hear you're having fun. Stay cool Vickie!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'll be thinking about you in the morning. I'm wishing you the best and speediest of recoveries.

Nancy, you sound happy. That's wonderful!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Praying for a quick recovery for you, Rhonda!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Happy Friday. Still sick. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Rhonda, good luck tomorrow. I'm praying for a complete and quick recovery. Any chance Doyle can update Sandra so we know how you did?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #43  
focused and aiming

I'll call Doyle later today, Vickie, and will give a full report.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Darn...it's today and I didn't get to wish her luck beforehand. Good thing you were all here to wish her well.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #45  

Hey thanks for all the good wishes. I'm home and feel fine, if a little groggy. The doc said the toe was really beat up and he couldn't figure out what I had done to it. We will talk more on Monday. The service at the out-patient hospital was just great. Warmed-up blankets!

DH has gone to get me pancakes and coffee for breakfast. I'm going to eat them most likely fall asleep!