Old 06-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default Core/simply Filling Weekly Chat June 25-july 1, 2012

New pages.

Jackie, your weight will start to drop soon, especially with all the exercise you've added. Kayaking has to be worth a lot!

I'm off to Splash Station. Ya'll have a marvelous Monday.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #2  

hello chickies.

Sandra, congrats on the smaller dress size and have fun with the kiddos. thanks for the new pages.

Jackie, I'm in KY. I have a house in Florida, but we are there in the winter. It's hot and sunny here in KY. We might get the backlash of Debbie when it comes up from FL. Where are you on the gulf coast? Trying to lost a pound can be so frustrating.

My eye was hurting yesterday and today it's still hurting. Thought it was allergies but it's a sty. Hasn't come to a head yet. Been applying hot compresses to move it along. Haven't had one since I was a kid.

Need to run into town and we are going to Mexican for lunch.

Last edited by pam920; 06-25-2012 at 12:31 PM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

back later, off to a church board meeting, after a day with my niece visiting her father/my brother....
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

We got back from Orlando last night at 10 after a 12 hour drive. I am very tired, but very excited!!! My students came in third in the nation in their event!!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/163/130

Height: 5'3"

I had another long day at work. Someone called in so I decided to get some unplanned overtime. The problem with that is that I did not bring enough food. I did good though. I had a grilled chicken breast at work. Then I picked up Mcdonald's for my starving son on the way home. I had him put a potato in the microwave and fish in the oven for me. No Mcdonalds for me! I need a veggie but I think I will settle for a nectarine.

Pam- I'm glad you are out of Debby's way. I live in Gulfport, MS so we will be out of the way too. I hope your eye feels better.

Sandra- I hope your day at Splash Station was fun. I'm sure it was!

Sloan- I'm glad you and your students made it home safely.

I just checked the weather for Saturday. It is going to be a scorcher! 98 degrees and sunny. I will need more sun protection!
Jackie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #6  

congrats, Sloan!

I'm worn out and am going to bed.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Have a great day....I've got a MILLION things to do, plus Jim's Dentist appointment.

Driveway looks great so far!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Pam, ouch! Are you going to the doctor for your stye? A friend of ours has really had a terrible time with one. I hope yours doesn't get to that point. Take care.

Jackie, you are very focused. You get an "atta-girl" award.

Sloan, congratulations to you and your students. Now get some rest and enjoy your summer.

Vickie, is Jim getting his temp crown today? I now am permanently crowned. At least I hope this one is permanent. Can't afford any more big dental bills.

Rhonda, how was your meeting last evening?

I just got home from WW. Lost 2 lbs this week! I think taking fruit for snacks to the pool on Monday paid off. We'll have chicken salad for lunch today then run errands. Folks are coming to shoot @ 4:30. We are going to evaluate the heat (100+) this afternoon and maybe rethink our shooting schedule. A new archery center is opening Aug. 1. We'll prob move everyone there where it will be indoors/with a/c.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 06-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #9  

108F downtown a few minutes ago...
Old 06-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

We're melting here. Today--for sure!--is our last 4:30 shooting. I'm too sweet. I melt easily.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! Sounds like Texas is sweltering. Middle Tennessee had an unseasonably cool day with very low humidity! Beautiful, but 100 degrees is forecast for Friday (that's more like a Middle Tennessee summer). Hope you Texas chicks keep cool!

Sandra, congrats on losing two pounds!

Hey Vickie, Jackie, Pam, Nancy, and Maryann

Have a great night, y'all!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Enjoy your cooler temps while you can, Sloan.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #13  

evening chickies.

woohoo Sandra, 2 lbs is fabulous.

sloan, I'm a couple hrs from you so we get the same weather. Yes, it started out cooler today but got warm by afternoon. I do not look forward to the 100 degrees that is forcasted.

Sandra and Rhonda, you girls have to be near melting in that heat.

Well, this eye has me baffled. It started out hurting one morning. Both eyes, then the right eye started really hurting and the left was fine. Yesterday was the worst day, it hurt so bad. Today, it's not hurting as bad and the swelling is going down. So, I guess it wasn't a sty. I have no clue what is going on. It's still tender, but much improved. I've been using hot compresses and that may be helping. I would think if it's allergies, it would be in both eyes. My lid was swollen and one spot was really hurting, at my eyelash line. I'm thinking maybe something bit me during the night. Maybe a spider????

I see Maryann has left us again. We are going to have to send out the cyber police on her.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Pam, you're right. We're sweltering and melting all at the same time. I just finished doing a bit of watering. I used a power wash nozzle on our oak trees out front. They said thank you.

Glad your eye is better. It's good you don't have the stye.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #15  

sorry I have been missing..

The painting looks fine , but the door install & deck staining have been
problematic..They are trying to even out the deck stain but I may just go with a solid stain that will cover all the problems ...

I have been stuck at home for a few weeks with these projects and that has gotten me down I think..Hopefully they are almost done..

We have a few cool days here ..Right now feels like its in the 60's

Jackie..I am learning to kayak and shopping for a good one too. What kind are you looking for?

Sloan..thats great about your students..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote