Old 06-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

Nancy, want to come clean my house? It's small.

Rhonda, enjoy your day and have some of that cake.

We're piddling around the house today readying for company tomorrow afternoon. I rearranged both porches this morning then cooked a country lunch. We had grilled broccoli/cauliflower/onions/peppers, onion flavored baked chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, and cornbread. Afterwards we both took a nap.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I thought I would never get this mountain of laundry done! I am finally folding the last of it. Nancy, I have a cleaning routine that I used to do and really need to get back to it. You are inspiring me!

Our weather here is awesome today! Cool temps and absolutely no humidity! Hope you all are having a great weekend, too!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

It's been hot here today. Should be hot tomorrow, too. We're going to get sunburned!
Old 06-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

The sister-in-law's family reunion was fun. I stayed away from the fatty food, and did have a very small piece of my cake. It was good, of course

Today's church service was what we call the "flower communion" and it is a dedication of the babies born during the year, or those who had come to the congregation. We held it outside, and it was almost too hot. But, it's a sweet service.

I'm going to put the splint on later and see if I can do a little yard work...after it cools down some. We have some kind of spider mite (I think) attacking a pine tree that had been a Christmas tree. We'll spray it but I am tempted to turn it into firewood!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

We went out to lunch with friends after church. Now we're home waiting on a friend from Fort Worth to come. He's going to fling arrows with us. He's a top shot. One of the best compound guys in the state. Should be fun!
Old 06-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Managed to mow the back yard without re-injuring my ankle.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #37  

tsk, tsk, Rhonda, you know you should be taking it easy.

I've been stripping wallpaper in my powder room. Going to put wainscoting in. No more wallpaper. I did size the walls before putting the paper up, so it was easy to remove, just time-consuming. I got tired of the pink roses/shabby chic look. I'm doing grey/white, with black accents and a shot of Chartreuse thrown in. I have an antique dresser in there, that I had painted white. I'm going to change it up to silver. Only cost will be the wainscotting. The room is 8 x 6.5, so it shouldn't cost too much. I already have paint.

Sandra, hope you had fun with your visitor.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #38  

Wow.. Pam , you are quite the decorator..
I like how you have the plan before you start..

I have been working in the garage today and it looks great.
There is still a pile in the middle that needs to go to charity & sell.
Robin sure had a lot of tools..grief !! I told my cousin I thought he might have
been hoarding in the garage & sheds so I would be too busy cleaning it all out to date for 10 years !!

The baby birds have left their nest and are in that fledgling stage where they are in the bushes & mom is still tending them. I sat and watched them for a long time today .. It feels great that I helped them along & now they are about to fly off..Keeping the cat in & dog in the back fence until they fly off..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I love your bird experience!

Rhonda, I hope you don't hurt too much after mowing. I had thought you meant light yard work. You're tough!

Pam, I am soooo impressed.

Our company just left. We had a great time chatting at the kitchen table. He's coming back Saturday and we'll shoot together. Life is good.

Okay, I'm off here. I have a stress/echo in the morning.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
Okay, I'm off here. I have a stress/echo in the morning.
When I went for mine they kept me waiting for almost 2 hours..I told them when they did get to me that I already had my stress test & passed it LOL
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote