Old 05-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #31  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Don't have too much time as I have to go to a meeting the 206 tours are having. They are going to give out the airline tickets and the itinerary for the trip.Along with the 206 flight bag we choose.

Have to go to Radio Shack and pick up an adopter for my camera and they an extra battery. On Tuesday I go for a hair styling and than packing and all the other stuff you got to do before a overseas trip.

Have a great day, will read and post tomorrow
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #32  

Smile cravings

cravings used to be my downfall! i love chocolate! i found 2 things have really worked for me. one is Hypnofood, i eat as much Hypnofood chocolate as i like for no calories! and the most important thing is a really strong focus on my weight loss success. failure is not an option! hope your toe gets better real soon :-)
Itdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

We're home readying to go to our niece's high school graduation. Our company is going to stay home and unwind. They have been in a whirlwind since last Saturday spending time with friends in St. Louis, MO and us here in TX.

We've done as planned eatingwise. I may have a gain. If so, I earned it but know it could have been much much worse.

Welcome, Itdone. Have you been here before? I can't remember.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. I'll be back later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Glad you're having fun Sandra.

We went to see the grandsons play T ball this afternoon. It was so heartwarming when the younger boy said in a sing-song voice "Nana! What are you doing here?" while grinning ear to ear. I think we made them happy. It is a lot of fun to see them all growing up and becoming skilled.

I've had a good day in terms of food also, staying within calories and carb count.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that's wonderful. Ya'll are building some fantastic memories with those little guys. Congrats on your eating. Mine was good today=better than yesterday. Now we'll see about tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #36  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I know I've been absent. I can't seem to get myself together. It's a busier time of year for us with birthdays and all. The carpeting looks wonderful and is basically dry. I didn't post yesterday because I didn't have access to my desktop and it isn't easy to type much on the iPad. I'm on the iPad now with my wireless keyboard. Pretty darned cool. I have a neat stand for the iPad that I bought from Amazon that works wonderful. I should have thought of this yesterday.

Rhonda, I'm so sorry to hear about your foot surgery. That's why I'm going to so much PT to try to avoid surgery. I'm about ready to give up. It seems with double heel spurs in the same foot, it's hard to get rid of the inflammation...then add the plantar faciitis. Sigh. I may be in a boot with you soon. What exactly is wrong with yours.

So Mary Ann, I must have missed something. I see you are going overseas but I have no idea where. When do you leave?

Sandra, you have to live your life and that means some splurges that cause small gains. The real trick is to get back on program quickly and continue going to meetings. I haven't mastered that trick yet but I keep trying!

Sloanie, how is the counting going? I haven't counted in forever but I am trying to be more mindful. And....I've been reading more as many of you can tell if you are my FB friend. It keeps me from eating when I'm engrossed in a good book.

Pam and Nancy...you've both been almost as quiet as me. How are things going?

We are going to cook on the grill today. My GF gave us some awesome steaks; NY strip for me and a Ribeye for Jim. She gave us 6 steaks and they are individually vacuum sealed so we can only use one of each and not have to eat the same steaks. We are also going to cook some chicken for lunch during the week. I'm thinking some small baked potatoes cooked on the grill. I haven't had a baked potato in forever. Jim is going shopping soon. I need apples to make applesauce for the next 10 days. Next week is really busy for us again but then it should quiet down a bit after Memorial Day. Normally, I'd be gearing up for trying to swim as much as possible while getting everything else done but since there is no pool....our time should not be as much at a premium as it used to be.

Catch up with you all later!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #37  
beachbum

Hi Vickie-

A few months ago I signed up with my church to go to Medjugorji and yesterday the 206 tours that we signed in with gave us all the info we need for the trip[airline tickets, intinerary prayer books] and a tote bag.

There are 22 people going form our group but only 6 from my church.They usually have a bigger number when they go in Sept but our spirtual adviser[our priest is leaving the parish in June].

We are leaving on Sunday 5/27 [Memorial Day Weekend]until 6/7.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Vickie, those steaks sound delicious.

The toe joint has some bone fragments floating loose and there is pain and limited range of motion. Arthritis is developing. The podiatrist thinks I must have injured it but I have no recollection of that [must have been one of those Margaritas! ] He says it is simple surgery with good outcomes normally.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #39  

hello chicks. I'm back from visiting my granddaughter. We had fun shopping. I helped her organize her kitchen and we purged the kids room. Ate too much, but it sure was good. My great grandchildren are so well behaved. The baby's ear plug came out and was infected. It was due to come out anyway. Amber texted her dr. and he made a special trip to his office on Saturday. to see the baby and called in meds for him. Now that is a fine doctor in my book. Didn't know there were any like him out there anymore.

Rhonda, sounds like relief is just around the corner for you foot. That's good to hear.

Vickie, you are one busy lady. Grilled steak sounds yummy.

Hi Sandra, Maryann, sloan and Nancy and anyone else I missed.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

Hi, Ladies. I am just here for a sec. We've been having a fantastic time. We even worked in our niece's high school graduation last evening.

Good to see you all here. I have missed you!