Old 05-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

It's the day before city elections and I'm super busy. I'll be at the polls all day tomorrow too. This is not for the timid, I'll tell you that.

But, tonight my niece and her husband are coming for dinner and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm serving chicken breasts cooked with peanut butter and Rotel (spicy tomatoes and green chiles), with a broccoli and black rice casserole, and tomatoes, chick peas and avocado salad.

I plan to have a glass of wine too.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you dinner sounds scrumptious. I could use some wine now myself. I came home from school exhausted today. No more subbing for me till the 22nd. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #33  

The dinner was quite good. I didn't use chick peas in the salad, but parsley instead. DH was funny. He said "That meal was really good; you surprised me." He doesn't like chicken unless it's fried, and the broccoli rice casserole didn't sound good to him (no cheese!). But, both were good really.

Men!
Old 05-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #34  

sounded good to me. Any leftovers?
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #35  

Yes, some leftovers! The rice was scrumtious. It was "black and mahogany" packaged by Lunenfield. I had never made it before.

Off to the polls!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #36  

Thursday I saw a beautiful dog online that was at a shelter near the beach. I decided to go take a look at him and loved him ..So I brought him home !!!
He is adjusting and has been to the vet already.
He is a sweetheart but needs some work on his manners..My cousin & I took him to the Va land yesterday and he jumped the seats into our drinks..

I have a 2 hour drive today to a friend's sons wedding. Would prefer a lazy day.

Will post a picture when I figure out how ...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #37  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

What a beautiful day up in the 60's for us. I went to to the cemetery this morning a brought Leo a small statue of 3 blue birds a daddy a mommy and a baby. Than I went to a bakery and got a apple pie and pecan Danish ring and vanilla ice cream for Rita & I to celebrate tomorrow's Mother Day,as we both are going to be alone,I thought it would be nice to celebrate together.

Quote:
Maryann, you will do fine. Just make you a list and check it at each stop. We used to do that when we were traveling to compete with school plays. Couldn't take the chance of showing up without necessary props/costumes.
SANDRA-Thanks I guess I'm just nervous ,doing everything on my own.Especially going all the way over to Europe.

Quote:
It's the day before city elections and I'm super busy. I'll be at the polls all day tomorrow too. This is not for the timid, I'll tell you that.
RHONDA-We have our local elections this Tues. about the local newspaper to read what the candidates are all about before I vote for them.

Quote:
Thursday I saw a beautiful dog online that was at a shelter near the beach. I decided to go take a look at him and loved him ..So I brought him home !!!
He is adjusting and has been to the vet already.
He is a sweetheart but needs some work on his manners..My cousin & I took him to the Va land yesterday and he jumped the seats into our drinks..
NANCY-Glad that your happy in find a dog to keep you company.What kind of a dog is he???????? I hope not a Shepherd as there are very hard to retrain. Did that,where there etc. Never buy another pet again,as I like to travel and it won't be fare to the animal.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Nancy, what did you name your pup? I'm so glad you were able to get him. Makes me smile.

Maryann, apple pie and apple danish sound good to me.

Rhonda, you're probably a busy chickie right now. Hope all goes well. Doyle must have been impressed with dinner. That's good. That also makes me smile.

Vickie, that photo of your mother is beautiful. Thank you for posting it on FB.

Pam,

What are you all doing for Mother's Day? We'll be going to church then out to lunch.

I am making some oven-fried carrots. I'll let you know how they turn out. (Saw them on Dr. Oz)
Old 05-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #39  

Glad to hear you got your pup, Nancy.

SO...my candidate did a great job of challenging the incumbent mayor and there will be a run-off!!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #40  

Happy Mother's Day
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #41  

Yes, Happy Mother's Day to all.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers and all who are Motherly.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Happy Mother's Day, y'all!

It's official, I have gained back every pound I lost since joining you here. I feel so fat and gross! During the day, I do pretty well, and at night I eat like a pig. I need an intervention! I look like crap, my clothes don't fit, blah, blah, blah!!!!! On top of eating like a maniac, I am not exercising. The docs finally diagnosed my hip pain as a chronic tear in one of the muscles with chronic bursitis and tendonitis. I have been in PT off and on since November. What's a girl to do? I think I quit posting because I was tired of hearing myself whine about my weight. I know I need to get back here with y'all, so someone can talk some sense into me. Maybe some words of wisdom from my chicks will be just what I need to get me on the right track. I have missed you all and hope you will let me come back.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #44  
focused and aiming

Welcome back, Sloan. You did the right thing coming back. We are all in this together. And we never give up on ourselves or on each other. You are a beautiful woman. Coming back here is a major first step. Now what is your second step? Are you going to do CORE or do you have something else in mind? Whatever you choose, you will be successful.

Now how's that for a peptalk? It's so good to have you back. We need you!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #45  

Sloan, DITTO to what Sandra said.

Welcome back.