Old 04-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #1  

Default Simply filling/Core Weekly Chat: April 16-22

new pages
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #2  

Morning chicks.

Can I use my weight from yesterday, even if today is my official WI? I didn't think so. Regardless, I'm down another pound, but yesterday, it was 2 lbs.

Hope our Texas chicks survived the storms. We are getting some rain today.

Have a great week.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Congratulations, Pam! You are all doing so well.

I'm off to PT and some errands. Today will be an on program day.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Your Texas chicks survived the storms just fine. Right, Sandra?

Vickie, I was sorry to read that your tests were so arduous. I've got fingers and toes crossed, hoping that helps

Pam, use any weight you want. My weight ranges by 3 pounds easily any one week. Drives me nuts--couldn't it just go DOWN and stay there?

I'm off to the trainer this afternoon. It will be tough since I didn't go on Thursdays. These allergies have really affected the way I feel in a negative way. My brain is foggier than usual.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Pam, thank you for the well wishes. We survived all right. Curtis and I had a grab-n-go bag by the front door just in case. Don't know where we'd go, but we were ready to go somewhere. Glad we didn't have to "grab-n-go."

I agree with Rhonda, use the 2 pound loss if you'd like. Congratulations on your weightloss whichever you choose.

Vickie, it's impressive you're OP with all the stress you're having. But then you're a hero. I thought of you the other day when I was making your cornmeal chicken. I miss your posting recipes for us. Let us know what you find out from your tests. You are in my prayers for good news.

Rhonda, allergies get me down, too. So far, I'm avoiding problems this season. I hope you're feeling better and less foggy.

I made homemade chicken salad for lunch. It had apples and grapes in it. Yummy! A gf is coming over to do some shooting this afternoon. Tomorrow AM is WI. I'm hoping for a loss. We'll see if I can lose after having a Hershey bar and a hot fudge sundae this week. If I lose, I'll be thrilled (and going to the store for more.)
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #6  

I just read something about brides wanting to lose weight and going on doctor-supervised diets, getting about 800 calories of nutrition daily through a feeding tube.

This makes me unbearably sad. How can it be that women can get so nuts and that doctors will do such nonsense!?

Last edited by Tejas; 04-16-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Sorry I'm Here So Late.got Interested In A Few Religious Website And Started Reading All.

Gorgeous Day The Temps Are In The 70's I Have All The Windows & Doors Opened. Here All The Birdies Singing. Love This Time Of The Year.

pam-thanks For The Pages,of Course You Can I Won't Tell.whats The Difference A Pound Or Two. I Gained Bad This Morning Up Your 2 Lb & More Back To 174,but That Was To Going To Eli's Yesterday For Dinner I Had A Veal Cutlet Parm With Ziti And Miss Mud Pie. Here's To The End Of The Week.

rhonda-that Surprising That Your Allergies Are Acting Up With All The Rain You Had The Pollen Should Be Down.yeah I Heard That On The Radio This Morning. I Would Tamper With My Body. My Dd Sil Had A Few Face Lifts And A Stomach Tuck Now She Has Blood Clots In Her Lung That Hat To Be Devolved. Is It Really Worth It. I Don't Think So.

sandra-happy You Didn't Have To Go And Run With All Those Storms Around You. You Deserve That Hersey Bar After All You Went Through.enjoy!!!

Have A Great Evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, they're showing that on the news. Awful! And sad! Sounds like Europe's been doing that for some time.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #9  

Pollen count for both trees and grass is HIGH; I just checked.

I did a bit with the trainer at the gym and felt better for it.

We went out for a late lunch and my favorite Mexican food place now has low-calorie options. I had one--tilapia with Veracruz sauce, the kind I made recently for the salmon. It was good and satisfying. Supposedly it had fewer than 400 calories.

I have a cute story about the safe room in the house. I got it all ready and put my shoes, jacket, purse, ID, and car keys in the room just in case. The next day I could not find my purse and keys I looked for 15 minutes until I walked past the room and remembered what I had done.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #10  

Sandra....it makes me so sad. Have we women learned NOTHING over the years. Why should anyone take such drastic measures. If he doesn't love you with that extra 20 pounds, he never will. And, the doctors should tell the women to go home! Anything for a buck.

Last edited by Tejas; 04-16-2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: changed "just" to "such"...correcting error
Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I don't think the women are losing for their grooms. I think it's for the wedding. That said, I am agreeing with you.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #12  

Sandra, you're probably right, but all in all, it is modifying your body in drastic ways to look like you think will please others. They aren't talking about women who need to lose weight for medical reasons. Ok, I'll stop now.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #14  

I saw this on tv this morning. How drastic. I'll pass. I've never been a fan of quick fixes. They never last. If you want to lose weight, exercise and eat right. It may be a slower process, but you see better lasting results.

Rhonda, my husband has been hit with allergies. He can't stay out to cut the grass before it hits him. We got a little rain this morning and he said it wasn't bothering him today. Hope you get relief soon.

Sandra, good luck with WI tomorrow. I would love to use Sundays weight, but Monday is my WI, so I'll stick with it. Still lost 1 lb this week.

Maryann, you will lose the weight. Holdiays always seem to pack on the pounds.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #15  

Pam--holidays. I'm learning that it takes me one week to recover and get back on track. It used to be months! Soon, maybe it will just be hours.

Off to tap practice!